Infosys

Updated 31 Jan 2015
Updated 31 Jan 2015

2.7

Technology Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Infosys in January 2015.

I had referred by an employee.I had taken interview on 31/01/2015.Whole interview process is taken 3 hours for Peoplesoft Consultant position.For me Technical round is cleared.HR interview is completed in 5 minutes .I think now a days,Based their Experience Infy is offering employees salaries as Fixed,Not wish to offer salaries ,but not based on their previous salary.HR not even Know my current salary at the time of taken my HR Discussion.she just saw one sheet may be their company standard salary sheet and offer me salary which is quiet less that what i am earning now.I was in shock by hearing this From HR.HR told me that for this years of experience you get this much salary only like that, I told my salary is more than what you are offering now,thn she she checked my current salary sheet which i filled earlier and not wish to negotiate based on my current salary.then i quit the interview.

I still think only one question how The HR thinks employees can join in the company by offering salaries which is quiet less that what they are earningi don;t know whether this is only mine experience or others also faces such a experience.If HR think they cannot offer what expect salary of job seekers, why to waste their time and opportunity by calling then for the interview.

Other Interview Reviews for Infosys

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nōne, Fukui (Japan)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nōne, Fukui (Japan)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Infosys.

I had a great time with the intetrview process and everything seemed to be going well they all werte great people these wrere come great people and I had ta great time listening to them.

Technology Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Infosys.

Face to face technical interview mostly scenario based question were asked . Followed by Hr round .. ...after 2 weeks got offer

Interview Questions
    Hr offered nice package ,i have not done any negotiation

Technology Analyst Interview

Interview process was quite good.But it took a whole day to complete the interview. Still well appreciate their efforts despite huge crowd and finishing it within a day..It was scheduled + walkin... 1st round technical, which lasted for 1 hour...and finally HR discussion a bitter part though....you fix a salary in your mind...but the Hr will not reciprocate to you...They have set of limitations and rules drawn!!! Overall process a legitimate one....!!!

Interview Questions
    • Nobody cannot say what sort of questions you may get....all arises from your resume.....   Answer Question
    As already I have delivered this item in interview process....

Technology Analyst Interview

I had already attended few interviews at top india's IT companies but I liked the way how infosys organised the interview.first and formost I felt it like it was a walk in drive,atleast 250+ were present in an lecture hall at 11am.Infy spoc was giving instructions to the candidates for proper application filling it took a while and the spoc was sending 10 candidates at a time to a different building for interview.when I entered the building no.4 I saw another 60 ppl waiting.Now I confirmed to myself this must be a walk in.

After waiting for an hour my name was called.The interviewer introduced himself and we had a firm handshake and took me to first floor.

Now coming to the questions part

As usual tell about your self which I spoke for a minute or two and then asked about my project which I explained for 5 minutes atleast then few technical pl/sql basic questions like
    Diff between proc and function,diff between primary n unique key
    What is a distinct clause
    What is the diff bet proc n package
    What are joins and then he gave me a paper and asked me to write a simple query for the scenario to fetch a name and salary from 2 diff table for the emp name'xyz' which I wrote in no time.
    Then he asked about polymorphism which I said I dont know.He then asked me how do we query records dynamically apparently I did not understand and told something like using pragma then the interviewer himself gave the answer it is using EXEcute immediate statement we query dynamically

Then he asked me about SDLC
    Which I explained for 2-3 minutes then he asked what methodology of SDLC u use in your project I told waterfall model.he then asked me to explain that which I did for another 2-3 minutes.then he asked few leadership skills like have u lead a team etc and then asked me do u have any questions for me.i just asked how did I perform in the interview for that he he is satisfied and asked me to wait outside.

Then after waiting for 40 min another person took me in for a validation round he again asked me my project roles n resp and asked few questions on the project tool I mentioned in my resume after that few stress management quest were asked like y do u want to leave the previous company for that I said I am looking for more career opportunities and a job switch is a must for career growth at some point of time.he then posted another question if you don't find good opportunities at infy u will leave infy also.i smiled and said its a tough question and told the definitely infy is a better company when compared to my company and strongly believe that there will be much more opportunities here. That's it he told me to wait out side after 30 min another HR called me in his cabin and we negotiated the ctc.

Totally very good experience.

Interview Questions
    Offer not yet released waiting for offer letter

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Infosys in November 2014.

Very Smooth, couple of technical interview followed by HR discussion

Technical: 1st round to check your JAVA concepts(Core java , whatever framework you used)
    2nd: Panel interview one guy was hard core techie another was manager so expect good mix of question. just be your self and react how you do in office

HR: formality :)

Interview Questions

Offer was less than my expectation.

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Infosys.

Its a simple process, one round of technical interview and then hr interview. In HR will discuss about your package negotiations. After interview it will take one or two weeks to get offer letter

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Infosys in October 2014.

Technical interview and Hr interview
    Easy questions and direct questions. It had both Technical questions and scenario based questions. Loved the interview. It was late but nice. Great the I cleared.

Technology Analyst Interview

Not very difficult and easy to crack,one can easily make it through depending on the skill set he/she is in.Its the plain technical round that includes may be sometimes a coding challenge and/or basic language interview questions followed by a HR round

Technology Analyst Interview

The process consists of two stages. 1) online aptitude test 2) Interview.
    In aptitude test you will find general questions based on quants, logical and verbal.
    In interview, your basic knowledge on your related subjects and your confidence will be tested.

Interview Questions
    • What if you get job offer from any other company?   View Answer