Ingram Micro

50 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Specialist Interview

Specialist

I applied through a staffing agency and interviewed at Ingram Micro.

Interview Details with head of category. Normal questions about personality, skills profile. quite relaxed.

Interview Question – none that I can remember.   Answer Question

Trainer Interview

Trainer

I applied online and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Ingram Micro.

Interview Details Overall, turned out to be an unpleasant experience and a big waste of time – more than 6 weeks of “processes” and “updates”.
I had to complete about 6 different interviews, tests and plenty of phone calls that all went “great” and Ingram kept saying – “we remain very interested”. Be careful about understanding words such as “very interested” since they can actually mean nothing at the end.
The biggest problem with the company’s approach to interviewing is the fact that they will act like your salary expectations are just fine from the very first HR screen and then later in means nothing. That is simply wrong!
They do play the following games: 1) waiting with comments such as “we are very interested”, 2) keep lowering the “possible offer”, 3) making it look like something is being decided, 4) “you are so great, we are reviewing you for another, better position!” – caution – waiting game again.
Initially, the HR person was absolutely fine with my salary expectations but somehow, after all “great” interviews, every time he came back with $10-15k lower “possible range”. I felt like I was tested whether I stand my ground and understand the self-worth value. I did remind them about the expectations I have discussed every time, however, the HR person did not act like it essential for me. There should be salary negotiations, but it is unethical to proceed with 6 interviews and make wait to announce a whopping $40k lower “maxing possible base”!! How can you even proceed with a candidate while knowing that “the possible offer” could be completely off ?
Anyway, after a longer than 2 weeks waiting game, I pushed the recruiter to “update” me on where we stand. He called and stated the following: 1) “the possible offer is $40k less than what I was expecting, 2) if I agree to that number, there will be “no merit pay” – very unusual, 3) “we feel that you can be at a higher level”.
SO, here was my BIG test of Ingram – I asked “if I were to accept the offer of $40k lower, what is the process and long would it take (we were 6 weeks into the process)”. Behold for the best answer possible!! – “Everyone is ready not to proceed. It would look strange if you were to accept a much lower offer” !!!%%%? Why did you even call and give that much lower number to me? At that point, after a wasteful 6 weeks of my time, I said farewell Ingram.
I maybe missing something, but this was a very strange approach to finding a candidate.

Very Difficult Interview

Analyst I - Pricing Analytics Interview

Analyst I - Pricing Analytics

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ingram Micro.

Interview Details There would be a initial phone interview and then you will have to answer a verbal test and personality test, which will takes you one and a half hour. After this, they will schedual a long group interview. For me, there are more than 11 people join my interview and they will ask all the detail of basic statistics knowledge based on your background and former projects. You need to be very prepared of these knowledges since there questions are all about details of basic principles.

Interview Question – Describe the whole process of logistics regression including the meaning of transformation, relationship and details of evaluation.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Ingram Micro.

Interview Details 2 rounds and you are through! not difficult questions as they are pretty standard questions. just have to be honest and sincere in your answers. of course, you will need to be prepared for questions on why, what and how you intend to succeed here.

Interview Question – Why join us instead of others?   Answer Question

Market Development Specialist Interview

Market Development Specialist
Buffalo, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ingram Micro in May 2014.

Interview Details They first contacted me to set up a phone interview with a recruiter. The interview was over an hour long and they recommended me for the Market Development Specialist position in lieu of a position I originally applied for. Then I was given an in-person interview after waiting for 2 weeks for them to call me to set it up. My interview went well. But, it has been over 2 weeks again to get any information.

Interview Question – The questions we basic, but the interview was long. It was approximately an hour.   View Answer

Vendor Marketing Manager Intern Interview

Vendor Marketing Manager Intern
Santa Ana, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Ingram Micro.

Interview Details One phone Interview followed by an in person interview with the manager, and a final interview with the director/VP of the department. Basic phone interview. The in person interview wasn't too bad, just know your resume and be ready to show how you are different from all the other candidates. For my position, the recruiter told me that there were 4 other candidates already in Que and that my chances were pretty slim. I got the job.

Interview Question – Wow me.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – All interns get paid the same, not negotiable.

E-Business Architect Interview

E-Business Architect

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ingram Micro.

Interview Details one phone interview was conducted, after the phone interview is completed where they tell about their company more , the selected candidates after careful scrutiny are called to the next interview which is an onsite interview. In the on site interview the quesitons are related to object oriented principles . The entire process was smooth

Interview Question – tell me about the products of our company   Answer Question

Business Support Executive Interview

Business Support Executive

Interviewed at Ingram Micro

Interview Details There will be three rounds of interview which will be easy one. Candidates attitude is the main concern for the interviewer.

Interview Question – Salary negotiation   Answer Question

Senior Technical Recruiter Interview

Senior Technical Recruiter

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ingram Micro.

Interview Details Fairly easy questions, experience and background. Too many interviewers, one-on-one, and lots of repetitive questions. VP of HR asked me where I was born, I figure she came from outside of US and does not know the Ca law (illegal question). Had to take an online personality test.

Interview Question – Nothing hard to answer if you are prepared about the technologies you are recruiting, have a successful system, handling difficult clients, and improving processes.   Answer Question

Market Development Specialist Interview

Market Development Specialist
Buffalo, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ingram Micro in May 2013.

Interview Details Initially applied online for multiple positions. Received a call and conducted phone interview. Went in to Ingram Micro to take a personality/aptitude test. Had a third meeting to interview with my potential manager. After all of that, had to pass a background check.

Interview Question – You have to be prepared for anything on the personality quiz.   Answer Question

Worked for Ingram Micro? Contribute to the Community!