Insight Global Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

Updated 11 Nov 2014

2.2

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Insight Global (San Francisco, CA (US)) in August 2014.

Interview

I received a call from a Corporate Recruiter almost immediately after submitting my resume. The initial phone interview was extremely casual. I was primarily asked about my college experience (i.e. Why did I pick my school, was I involved in a sorority) and very little about my actual professional experience. Scheduled a second interview for the following week. The second interview was also casual. The point of the second interview was mainly to make sure I was able to carry a conversation and be personable. Similar to other reviews I was asked "Do you have any questions" by every single person I met. Make sure to be prepared with a lot of questions. After the initial interview with the Corporate Recruiter I was introduced to several other people and eventually brought to the communal work area. I was told I they would follow up with me within the next few days.

Interview Questions

Offered a higher paying job

Programmer Analyst Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut Creek, CA (US)

Application

interviewed at Insight Global (Walnut Creek, CA (US)) in March 2014.

Interview

There was a one on one initial brief contact interview which was later followed by two panel interviews. Both panel interviews were composed of technical questions on the primary skills necessary for the position.

Interview Questions

• No really difficult questions. The only question that stands out is a question about what programming methodology is utilized. Since the programming was more adhoc than formal, a specific methodology could not be conveyed.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Agreed on salary in advance

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Insight Global (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

Be ready to discuss all areas of your resume. Have a good resume being as complete and exact as you can be. Use good people skills, this means to be very professional - clean, a pants or dress suit, neat hair do, sensible shoes, and remember allergies should be taken into consideration so no perfume or very light, and the interview process will be quick.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected situation was that there were no real questions that were difficult. There was just one question, when would I be available to start.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Insight Global (San Francisco, CA (US)) in November 2012.

Interview

The interview was pretty much a joke. Go in, shoot the breeze for about 15 minutes, a couple generic questions from the interviewer (mostly based on explaining what the position entails), and then you're allowed to ask your questions. I got the impression that the interviewer had made up his mind before he walked into the room. It probably didn't help that it was the day before Thanksgiving. He didn't seem very interested in being there right from the get-go. They typically hire right out of college, and I had 3.5 years of work experience, so it may have worked against me.

Interview Questions

• "I'm interviewing a lot of very qualified people... Why should I choose you?"   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Insight Global (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

A inside recruiter contacted me saying that I fit what they're we're looking for. After talking on the phone with her I thought the job would be something I was interested in. I went into their office for a 1:1 and it only lasted 10 minutes. I barely spoke about my experience. I think they were just sizing up my looks and personality. I doubt they even had a job available for me because the next day they said they had gone a different direction.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Insight Global (San Francisco, CA (US)) in July 2012.

Interview

the interview process was very easy-going. They understand that college students have not done IT staffing before, so they are looking for young graduates eager to learn

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Insight Global (San Francisco, CA (US)) in June 2012.

Interview

After applying for the recruiter position, I was contacted for a phone interview. The woman asked the basic questions (tell me about yourself, where did you go to school, etc.). She was very nice but when I mentioned my business degree and the option that I chose because we didn't have a "sales" option for our program at my school, the woman told me that my school does offer sales as an option in the business program. I think I know my the degree program I graduated from better than someone that did not attend the school. That was a little irritating, but I ignored it.

I applied for this position because my friend worked there (but had recently quit because she didn't like working there). I knew the salary was decent so I figured I might like it more than her so I'll try it out. I went to the interview which they told me would last about 3 hours -I was told it would be a one-on-one, followed by an interview with management, and then a lunch date with management. I ended up being there for about 20 minutes. I was asked the same questions I was asked on the phone in the one-on-one interview. The woman interviewing me then said, we're doing rounds so we'll for sure call you Friday. Of course, I didn't receive a call, but I was glad I didn't.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Insight Global (San Francisco, CA (US)) in May 2012.

Interview

I earned a business degree from a college that requires an option (accounting, finance,, management, hr, etc.) Sales is not one of the options and when I mentioned this during a phone screening, the woman tried to tell me they offer a sales option at my college. I went there. I think I know what degrees and options my school has. That was pretty irritating. Went to the interview and talked with a woman for about 20 minutes. Didn't care for her or the job.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Insight Global (San Francisco, CA (US)) in September 2011.

Interview

I was originally contacted by one of Insight's recruiters from my profile on Career Builders. After talking to the nice girl for about 20 minutes we set up a meeting to take place a few days later at their office. The first meeting was two 1:1 interviews. Coming into the interview, I was expecting to answer questions about myself and go over my resume, however this was not the case. Instead, the first girl only asked if I had any questions for her. Not having planned to only ask them questions, I ran out of things to discuss fairly quickly and had to think of a bunch on the fly. After the first girl left, another girl came in shortly thereafter and again asked if I had any questions for her. I left the first meeting feeling very confused for I did not have to answer any questions about myself or even give them my resume. A week later, they called back and said it wouldn't be a good fit. MY ADVICE: Be energetic and come with a lot of questions!

Interview Questions

• Do you have any questions for me?   1 Answer

Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Insight Global (San Francisco, CA (US)) in July 2011.

Interview

The company is a recruiting firm that may have an opportunity for me at some future point. As of this writing, there are no projects suitable to my core competencies.