Insight Global

Average Difficulty
24 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Technical Recruiter

I interviewed at Insight Global in June 2014.

Interview Details Recruiter contacted me via Linkedin to set up a phone interview which was just a conversation about my current position and why I'd like to go into sales! Set up interview in office. I would recommend scheduling your in office interview to take place at the end of the week since they hold interviews all week and talk with your recruiter on Friday.

Interview Question – What motivates you? It's more of a conversation so be sure to get a little back round info on the managers and sales directors who will be interviewing you before hand!   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Other offer

Technical Recruiter

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Insight Global in September 2013.

Interview Details The team will lead you on like you are the greatest thing to touch the face of the planet. You will waste your time interviewing for a position that has as much if not more turnover than any other position hiring. They are looking for Greek affiliated students from the area they are recruiting for because they know that they are personable and know a lot of people from the area they grew up in. It is a competitive job, and money can be made. Just be aware that you should not put all your eggs in this basket.

Interview Question – How you are going to be successful in the industry.... Nobody knows anything about Technical Recruiting, so don't BS yourself.   Answer Question

Technical Recruiter

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Insight Global.

Interview Details The initial phone screen with the corporate recruiter is extremely laid back. They basically want to find out more about you to see if you would be a fit for the company culture (young, fun). The corporate recruiter will then either set you up for an in-person interview, or let you know that they will get back to you (which means they won't move forward.) I was prepped extremely well by the recruiter I was in contact with as well as some people that I knew from school that were currently employed there.
The next step, which is in the office, is extremely conversational. There aren't many questions that will stump you in regards to your qualifications. They want to see that you can drive a conversation as well as have a desire to get into sales. My advice, just ask questions about each Account managers story, how quickly they were promoted, what accounts they are in charge of selling. Basically you want to flatter them as much as possible.

Interview Question – The most crucial part of the interview is driving conversation and letting them know why you are interested in sales (money, competitive)   Answer Question

Scottsdale, AZ (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Insight Global in September 2013.

Interview Details One telephone interview, one interview in person far from my home (they did not reimburse me for gas cost), and one in the location I desired to work at. Long time periods between interviews. They were very nice, but when it came to for them to release me from the hiring process I received a generic email. They should respect applicants enough to tell them exact reasons and not leave them with the same email they send everyone....

Interview Question – No difficult questions. It was not behavioral based at all.   Answer Question

Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Insight Global.

Interview Details The hiring process went pretty smoothly. 1st set up a call with a Recruiter, then an in-person interview where you talk to about 3-5 people. Finally, a lunch interview with sales managers. The people who work there seem very similar/nice, but every interview you feel like you're being judged on what you look like/everything you talk about.

The lunch interview was the strangest part. I was not asked one question about my resume. Although the lunch was informal, it seemed unprofessional. I understand the point is to see if you can hold a conversation and would be a fit for relationship-based sales, but having not met either of the sales managers before, I felt a little confused as to why I wasn't being asked any questions.

After the lunch interview, I was fully expecting to get an offer, and didn't. I genuinely really loved one of the sales managers, and the other seemed to not like me as much (we just didn't have too much in common), and I think that may be why. If you don't get an offer after lunch, you didn't get the job.

Interview Question – Why sales?   View Answer

Technical Recruiter
Greenwood Village, CO (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Insight Global.

Interview Details I was contacted by a Corporate Recruiter. She talked to me about my background, the position requirements, and if I would be interested in being an Account Manager. I loved the way the job sounded so she brought me in for a face to face interview. I had about two in-person interviews before I was offered the job. Very comfortable interview process.

Interview Question – Being asked how I could excel most in being in a Sales position   Answer Question

Washington, DC (US)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Insight Global in March 2012.

Interview Details I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Insight Global.

Interview Question – Give me a sales pitch on why I should hire you   Answer Question

Interviewed at Insight Global

Interview Details 2 rounds (one in-person, one lunch interview)
Very laid back. Looking for the right person, not qualifications.

Interview Question – What would you do if you were not initially successful here?   Answer Question

Jacksonville, FL (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Insight Global in March 2013.

Interview Details There are two rounds of interviews, the first is pretty much a conversation with upper management. They will talk with you to make sure that you can hold a conversation and are an ambitious candidate. Next they would invite you to share lunch with the office manager and make sure you can lead conversation even over a meal.

Interview Question – I was asked a few questions about Insight Global and what I liked about the company.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I said I would like to think about it and then accepted a couple weeks later.

Tysons Corner, VA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Insight Global in September 2013.

Interview Details Initial phone interview was short and simple. Next step was a face to face interview at the office where I met with 3 different people. Apparently they liked what they saw and passed me on to a third and final lunch interview with two executives. After lunch I waited two days and received a call saying that they had a more fitting candidate. Very professional company however I felt as though I was not hired because I didn't fit a certain personality type. They were looking for a candidate who was involved in Greek life and other scholarly clubs. When I told them I had to support myself in college and work as a server every weekend they looked down on me. Also they were very interested in who my friends are and how successful they are.. Seemed a little discriminatory my opinion.

Interview Question – None- basic interview questions. They are really looking to see that you can drive conversation.   View Answer

Worked for Insight Global? Contribute to the Community!