Intel Corporation

Updated 12 Dec 2014
1,481 Interview Reviews

3.1

Senior Software Engineer Interview

There were 2 stages. One written test and other technical discussion. One written test on C++ and other a technical interview by the hiing manager. It was quite a straight interview.

Summer Interview

CVs were submitted directly to the concerned HR from the campus. In about a week's time, a shortlist was published and telephonic interviews were conducted. Result was rolled out in about a week's time with offer letter and other documentation soon after that.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were basically around my course work and any experiences with embedded systems.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in November 2014.

Sent in a cover letter & CV, a few weeks after this I was called inviting me to an assessment centre, the phone call was not a telephone interview but I was asked why I wanted to work for Intel and why I wanted to work in marketing. The assessment centre was from 9.45am - 4.30pm, and included an hour long interview, this interview began by going through my CV/ cover letter explaining each part, then answering a variety of questions which required me to give examples of where I had shown a specific skill. The next part was presenting a pre- prepared presentation from a topic we were given prior to attending the assessment centre, this lasts about 7 minutes and was exhibited in front of 2 assessors and 5 other candidates. The last element of the assessment centre was a competency- based group task to assess interpersonal and team skills. They contacted me 5 days after the assessment centre to offer the job.

Interview Questions
    • Please give an example of where you have dealt with ambiguity   Answer Question

Technical Marketing Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Intel Corporation in June 2013.

I applied for this position on the Intel website. The online application form is fairly standard without any role-specific questions.

This was followed up by a telephone interview a month later. I was asked the following questions as a skills / background check on the kind of experience I had:

- Have you worked in a design or applications role? If so, what?
    - Do you have any previous experience of working in a related industry prior to university (e.g. as a technician)?
    - Do you have any experience of circuit design or simulation work? If so, what?

Based on the phone interview, I was given a callback to come for a face-to-face interview. This was at Intel's Swindon facility, which had quite a beautiful "campus" like feel to it. The first half of the interview was an hour long, and with two engineers in their Embedded Systems Group - one specialising in software / middleware, and the other specialising in hardware. They asked me to talk through my relevant experience during internships and academic projects in hardware design and testing, as well as giving a better overview of the role.

The second half of the interview was with two managers from the same group, again an hour long. This was focussed more on my generic teamwork skills, and a long discussion on what I wanted to do with my career, where I think I'd fit into the role, et al.

Overall, I found during the actual interview day experience that the interviewers were very forthcoming in answering questions honestly, and they seemed to be nice, friendly people.

However, the post-interview experience leaves a lot to be desired. I wasn't given a timeline on when they would take a decision, and when they finally did the deadline kept shifting. While my contacts at Intel were quick to respond during the interview process, post-interview they didn't seemed to care as much. Never replied to my emails asking for feedback, nor did they reply to more administrative questions that I asked about getting my travel expenses refunded. This follow-up made me rethink whether I would ever want to work for Intel in the future.

Interview Questions
    • Intel repackages certain Core line processors with some features disabled under the Pentium brand name. Can you name which features are disabled or what the difference is for current generation "Pentium" brand processors?   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Intel Corporation in March 2013.

Online application followed by an invitation to an assessment day. The assessment day begins with an initial reception where you meet all the other candidates. This is followed by a schedule brief from the Hiring manager. You will be given a personal timetable which consists of the times/rooms for each interview and activity of the assessment day. There are two interviews: one behavioural/one technical. Then a final group assessment The behavioural interview involves drawing relevant examples from your past experience to demonstrate your approach to different situations. The Technical interview is slightly more intense than the behavioural interview as the interviewers are trying to gauge exactly how much you know and how far your skills go. You will be asked to elaborate on the technical skills listed on your CV and to demonstrate them. Your group assessment will require you assert your problem solving and team working skills. For my group assessment I was blindfolded and given 4 differently shaped and coloured objects. As a group we were told that for each candidate there should be 5 of each shape in 5 different colours. And between us, 2 of the objects are missing overall. So, we had to work together to work out what the missing objects were. I was one of the people with a missing object. We got 45mins for this exercise but it doesnt take that long.

Interview Questions
    • The technical interview was the most demanding part of the day in comparison to everything else.During the fixed part of this interview I was shown a computer motherboard and then asked to demonstrate my knowledge of its architecture by 1) Identifying all the main components 2) Identifying the function of all the main components 3) Describing the typical boot-up sequence of a Computer (CPU, BIOS etc)
      The rest of the interview was a discussion directed by the technical skills laid out in my CV.

View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

Applied from career fair. Took 1 week to get interview. They contacted via email and set date and time for one hour of interview. Questions were from three areas only. 1) C (2) Operating system (3) Computer architecture. Operating system and computer architecture questions were easy, but not C.

Interview Questions
    • Questions regrading C were difficult as they wanted for operating system debugging. So you need to know all about C and it's good if you read any C book to get idea about some detail orientated questions.   Answer Question

Component Design Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

All day technical interview and off-campus lunch with a manager (not necessarily hiring manager). First was introduction to team and site project with principle engineer. Followed by three 45 minute technical interviews. Expect to be at the white board a lot. Lunch and general discussion. Expect to be asked about compensation and salary expectations. Afternoon was three more technical interviews.

Interview Questions
    Very rigid as in no wiggle room

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Intel Corporation.

I applied trough the web, had first interview and they never notified me if I passed or not.
    In the beginning they ask me to introduce myself.
    There were two workers interviewing me and they asked me questions about My last project. They asked how could I improve it.
    Finally they described me the job.

Interview Questions
    • Asked me about my last project and wanted to hear the exact analyzing of it.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Guadalajara, Jalisco (Mexico)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Guadalajara, Jalisco (Mexico)

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

I got a contact at a University fair asking if they were looking for graduated applicants, they did. They asked me to apply online to all the vacants I found interesting, and also to send my resume to this contact via e-mail. After two weeks with no response, I resent the e-mail and they called me that day. I interviewed with 3 people, ~30min each. Several theory questions about computer architecture and OOP. A week or two later, they invited me for an on-site interview which lasted ~3h. They sent a list of topics to get prepared for the interview. Questions' topics were the same, and then short behavioral interview about teamwork experience.

Manufacturing Technician Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Basic electronics test given. Two people interviewed me, and they were very respectful and nice. Basically, the test was the hard part of the interview process. The one:one interview was laid back and very easy.