Intel Corporation

3.1

Technical Marketing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England
    Anonymous Employee in Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Intel Corporation in June 2013.

I applied for this position on the Intel website. The online application form is fairly standard without any role-specific questions.

This was followed up by a telephone interview a month later. I was asked the following questions as a skills / background check on the kind of experience I had:

- Have you worked in a design or applications role? If so, what?
    - Do you have any previous experience of working in a related industry prior to university (e.g. as a technician)?
    - Do you have any experience of circuit design or simulation work? If so, what?

Based on the phone interview, I was given a callback to come for a face-to-face interview. This was at Intel's Swindon facility, which had quite a beautiful "campus" like feel to it. The first half of the interview was an hour long, and with two engineers in their Embedded Systems Group - one specialising in software / middleware, and the other specialising in hardware. They asked me to talk through my relevant experience during internships and academic projects in hardware design and testing, as well as giving a better overview of the role.

The second half of the interview was with two managers from the same group, again an hour long. This was focussed more on my generic teamwork skills, and a long discussion on what I wanted to do with my career, where I think I'd fit into the role, et al.

Overall, I found during the actual interview day experience that the interviewers were very forthcoming in answering questions honestly, and they seemed to be nice, friendly people.

However, the post-interview experience leaves a lot to be desired. I wasn't given a timeline on when they would take a decision, and when they finally did the deadline kept shifting. While my contacts at Intel were quick to respond during the interview process, post-interview they didn't seemed to care as much. Never replied to my emails asking for feedback, nor did they reply to more administrative questions that I asked about getting my travel expenses refunded. This follow-up made me rethink whether I would ever want to work for Intel in the future.

Interview Questions
    • Intel repackages certain Core line processors with some features disabled under the Pentium brand name. Can you name which features are disabled or what the difference is for current generation "Pentium" brand processors?   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England
    Anonymous Employee in Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England

I interviewed online - interviewed at Intel Corporation in March 2013.

Online application followed by an invitation to an assessment day. The assessment day begins with an initial reception where you meet all the other candidates. This is followed by a schedule brief from the Hiring manager. You will be given a personal timetable which consists of the times/rooms for each interview and activity of the assessment day. There are two interviews: one behavioural/one technical. Then a final group assessment The behavioural interview involves drawing relevant examples from your past experience to demonstrate your approach to different situations. The Technical interview is slightly more intense than the behavioural interview as the interviewers are trying to gauge exactly how much you know and how far your skills go. You will be asked to elaborate on the technical skills listed on your CV and to demonstrate them. Your group assessment will require you assert your problem solving and team working skills. For my group assessment I was blindfolded and given 4 differently shaped and coloured objects. As a group we were told that for each candidate there should be 5 of each shape in 5 different colours. And between us, 2 of the objects are missing overall. So, we had to work together to work out what the missing objects were. I was one of the people with a missing object. We got 45mins for this exercise but it doesnt take that long.

Interview Questions
    • The technical interview was the most demanding part of the day in comparison to everything else.During the fixed part of this interview I was shown a computer motherboard and then asked to demonstrate my knowledge of its architecture by 1) Identifying all the main components 2) Identifying the function of all the main components 3) Describing the typical boot-up sequence of a Computer (CPU, BIOS etc)
      The rest of the interview was a discussion directed by the technical skills laid out in my CV.
        View Answer

Process Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hillsboro, OR (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in August 2014.

I applied online through Intel's website and received an email to set up a phone interview a few days later. The phone interview was simple, just basic questions about information on my resume, and was conducted by an operations manager. The technical questions were also basic and I was told my questions about equipment and such would have to be answered by engineers in the group later. A date for an onsite interview was then scheduled. For the onsite interview, I met with seven people (managers, engineers, technicians) one-on-one for 30 minutes each. I asked them questions about the position, their projects, and the equipment and they asked me questions about projects I worked on and previous job experience. Some of them asked one or two behavioral questions, but they were more focused on my previous projects and research experience. There were some repeated questions from each of the interviewers. Thirty minutes is really short and the time passes quickly. I was told they would get back to me in three days to a week, but they called me a few hours later and offered me a job.

Interview Questions
    • The standard "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?"   View Answer

Software Developer Interview

I was not selected for the interview process because my resume did not meet their requirement.
    Also I am not a US citizen. Few jobs in Intel are posted for Citizens.

Android OS Developer Senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Guadalajara, Jalisco (Mexico)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Guadalajara, Jalisco (Mexico)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in July 2014.

I had 3 interviews for the position; First of all, a 1-1 interview on site, then a phone call with the team director and at the end a technical skills interview also by telephone (Programming languages, algorithms and OS questions)

Some of the interviews could seems a little aggresive for some audience (lol), but if you have the knowledge just let them know about your main skills, is mostly about confidence really.

I liked the perspective of the recruiters because they really wanted to place me on the position which better suits my profile.

Interview Questions
    • An OS related question, was not hard but I needed some time to remember it (about scheduling on multi-thread processing)   Answer Question
    I did not even try to negociate, Intel offered me a lot of benefits besides a great monthly income.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Phone interview, with a number of technical weed out questions. Lots of friendly back and forth about leading edge technology related to the specific group's current tasks followed. Interviewer came off as a good guy and technically competent.

Device Engineer Interview

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at Intel Corporation.

The manager called me and informed that my resume has been selected and I will get a call in few days. As expected I was called and the interview went for 40 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult actually. Everything was from my knowledge only. The interview was mostly about transistor operation, its I-V characteristics and its operating regions.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Student Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Haifa (Israel)
    Anonymous Employee in Haifa (Israel)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation.

First interview was mostly technical questions with two friendly employees, first they explained about the group and asked me to present myself, then they asked me to implement sorting algorithms and to solve a riddle in the end, average difficulty.
    Second interview was mostly personal questions which is fairly unrelated to the job.

Interview Questions
    • I had to solve a matrix problem and one interviewer had a solution in mind and kept adding restrictions to my algorithms until he got his solution even though my first solution was more time efficient.   Answer Question

Research Scientist Interview

They approached me by mail after receiving my CV. After a short email correspondence I was invited for an onsite interview day. The interview was 7 hours long: a 1 hour presentation followed by 1/2-an-hour interviews with many group members and managers, and lunch with managers.

Interview Questions
    • Some asked very difficult mathematical questions. Example: how would you prove the theorem …   Answer Question

Senior Process Engineer Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Intel Corporation.

phone interview (for 30 minutes about your previous work) and onsite interview (one day interview with meeting with several potential employees and supervisor). An entire processes took for about 2-week

Interview Questions

Worked for Intel Corporation? Contribute to the Community!