Intel Corporation

Updated Sep 13, 2014
1,391 Interview Reviews

3.1

Technical Marketing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Intel Corporation in June 2013.

I applied for this position on the Intel website. The online application form is fairly standard without any role-specific questions.

This was followed up by a telephone interview a month later. I was asked the following questions as a skills / background check on the kind of experience I had:

- Have you worked in a design or applications role? If so, what?
    - Do you have any previous experience of working in a related industry prior to university (e.g. as a technician)?
    - Do you have any experience of circuit design or simulation work? If so, what?

Based on the phone interview, I was given a callback to come for a face-to-face interview. This was at Intel's Swindon facility, which had quite a beautiful "campus" like feel to it. The first half of the interview was an hour long, and with two engineers in their Embedded Systems Group - one specialising in software / middleware, and the other specialising in hardware. They asked me to talk through my relevant experience during internships and academic projects in hardware design and testing, as well as giving a better overview of the role.

The second half of the interview was with two managers from the same group, again an hour long. This was focussed more on my generic teamwork skills, and a long discussion on what I wanted to do with my career, where I think I'd fit into the role, et al.

Overall, I found during the actual interview day experience that the interviewers were very forthcoming in answering questions honestly, and they seemed to be nice, friendly people.

However, the post-interview experience leaves a lot to be desired. I wasn't given a timeline on when they would take a decision, and when they finally did the deadline kept shifting. While my contacts at Intel were quick to respond during the interview process, post-interview they didn't seemed to care as much. Never replied to my emails asking for feedback, nor did they reply to more administrative questions that I asked about getting my travel expenses refunded. This follow-up made me rethink whether I would ever want to work for Intel in the future.

Interview Questions
    • Intel repackages certain Core line processors with some features disabled under the Pentium brand name. Can you name which features are disabled or what the difference is for current generation "Pentium" brand processors?   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Intel Corporation in March 2013.

Online application followed by an invitation to an assessment day. The assessment day begins with an initial reception where you meet all the other candidates. This is followed by a schedule brief from the Hiring manager. You will be given a personal timetable which consists of the times/rooms for each interview and activity of the assessment day. There are two interviews: one behavioural/one technical. Then a final group assessment The behavioural interview involves drawing relevant examples from your past experience to demonstrate your approach to different situations. The Technical interview is slightly more intense than the behavioural interview as the interviewers are trying to gauge exactly how much you know and how far your skills go. You will be asked to elaborate on the technical skills listed on your CV and to demonstrate them. Your group assessment will require you assert your problem solving and team working skills. For my group assessment I was blindfolded and given 4 differently shaped and coloured objects. As a group we were told that for each candidate there should be 5 of each shape in 5 different colours. And between us, 2 of the objects are missing overall. So, we had to work together to work out what the missing objects were. I was one of the people with a missing object. We got 45mins for this exercise but it doesnt take that long.

Interview Questions
    • The technical interview was the most demanding part of the day in comparison to everything else.During the fixed part of this interview I was shown a computer motherboard and then asked to demonstrate my knowledge of its architecture by 1) Identifying all the main components 2) Identifying the function of all the main components 3) Describing the typical boot-up sequence of a Computer (CPU, BIOS etc)
      The rest of the interview was a discussion directed by the technical skills laid out in my CV.
        View Answer

Circuit Design Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Intel Corporation.

2 interviews , the hiring process is quickly in general, the questions are average, the interviewers are gentle , i got their from the university .
    the first section is to talk about your self ,, then about your projects ,, then a 3 technical questions

Validation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chandler, AZ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in December 2013.

Met a recruiter at a campus career fair. He asked broad questions like "why do you want to be an engineer?" just to get to know my personality. He was very friendly and wanted me to succeed. A few days later, there was a phone interview. The questions weren't supposed to be difficult, but they focused more on embedded design. (My studies focused on analog circuits). I thought I did pretty poorly, and the interviewer said that I wasn't proceeding in the interview process, but about 3 weeks later they flew me down to Arizona for an on-site interview.

The process was 5 one-on-one, hour long interviews. Each person asked about something different (one for behavioral, one for programming skills, one for digital logic, etc.). I had to use the whiteboard often to draw schematics or show my ideas and my thought process. I got along well with most of the interviewers but I think the actual hiring manager didn't like me. Recieved an email a few days later saying that I did not get the job.

I pointed out my lack of digital experience several times, but I'm surprised I still made it that far through the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Given this circuit, how can you redesign it to use fewer logic gates?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in August 2014.

I was working as an Intern and applied through internal website. There was an initial talk with the hiring team about my current project. Then two weeks later, a full day interview was scheduled. Multiple areas of computer Science curriculum were tested. One round was on virtualization and communication stack in VMs, one round on networking, one round was on Graph theory.

Core OS Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Folsom, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folsom, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in April 2014.

I was contacted in March, 2014 by a recruiter. One Engineer called me and asked OS based questions such as semaphore, interrupt controller etc. Then he called for onsite right away. Onsite interview consisted of 6 interviews. I was asked about cache coherency protocols like MSI, MESI, their state diagrams and explain each transition. Other questions include bit manipulation, optimization of algorithms, codes, operating system concepts etc.

Interview Questions
    • optimization of algorithms, codes sometimes are bit challenging   Answer Question

Manufacturing Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hillsboro, OR (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Intel Corporation in August 2014.

Applied under Veteran opportunity; No job description provided for Manufacturing Technician. Any EE could easily pass this interview. Portland is known for hiring desireables; apparently, and EE major, Veteran, who passed 4/4 questions with the technical portion missing from their folder isn't desireable.

Interview Questions
    • Veteran. Female. Electrical Engineer degree.   View Answer

BIOS Engineer Interview

V organized interview process. Interviewers were knowledgeable and respectable.Got 1 break in between. White board coding. System level questions , puzzles.Asked in depth on projects done on resume. Behavioral questions : what would you do if employee in team is not finishing projects on time ?

Graduate Technical Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Intel Corporation in July 2012.

In the first round candidates were selected based on your resume. No aptitude test like other companies. Then there was 1 Technical round. If you get through then next round is HR. Else you'll be called for technical interview by other teams. This process might go for around 6 rounds. Even after that you don't clear then you are not selected. HR round is basically tests your Emotional Quotient (EQ). Normal HR round. Just for formality sake.

No negotiation

Senior Hardware Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in May 2013.

7 persons with different background to interview technical, personality and even entertainment and system high level background do not ask for details but just overall.
    Salary negotiation are little bit slow as Intel pay includes lots portions, base pay is always not attractive.

Interview Questions

Worked for Intel Corporation? Contribute to the Community!