Intel Corporation

Updated 26 Jan 2015
1,510 Interview Reviews

3.1

Finance Graduate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Intel Corporation.

I just had a telephone interview with Intel. I thought it was fairly reasonable. Common motivation questions like why intel, why finance, and a few competency questions. They seem very quick and efficient with their responses, as they emailed me just an hour later inviting me to the next stage - which is the Assessment Centre. Even after the online tests stage, they got back to me in 3 days. I was really impressed.

Interview Questions
    • A time when I had to make a quick and informed decision without sufficient information.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

I applied for this position on the Intel website. The online application form is fairly standard without any role-specific questions.

This was followed up by a telephone interview later. I was asked lots of technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • Logic gates truth table, analog to Digital converter - How many inputs and outputs.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

There were 2 stages. One written test and other technical discussion. One written test on C++ and other a technical interview by the hiing manager. It was quite a straight interview.

Summer Interview

CVs were submitted directly to the concerned HR from the campus. In about a week's time, a shortlist was published and telephonic interviews were conducted. Result was rolled out in about a week's time with offer letter and other documentation soon after that.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were basically around my course work and any experiences with embedded systems.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in November 2014.

Sent in a cover letter & CV, a few weeks after this I was called inviting me to an assessment centre, the phone call was not a telephone interview but I was asked why I wanted to work for Intel and why I wanted to work in marketing. The assessment centre was from 9.45am - 4.30pm, and included an hour long interview, this interview began by going through my CV/ cover letter explaining each part, then answering a variety of questions which required me to give examples of where I had shown a specific skill. The next part was presenting a pre- prepared presentation from a topic we were given prior to attending the assessment centre, this lasts about 7 minutes and was exhibited in front of 2 assessors and 5 other candidates. The last element of the assessment centre was a competency- based group task to assess interpersonal and team skills. They contacted me 5 days after the assessment centre to offer the job.

Interview Questions
    • Please give an example of where you have dealt with ambiguity   Answer Question

Technical Marketing Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Intel Corporation in June 2013.

This was followed up by a telephone interview a month later. I was asked the following questions as a skills / background check on the kind of experience I had:

- Have you worked in a design or applications role? If so, what?
    - Do you have any previous experience of working in a related industry prior to university (e.g. as a technician)?
    - Do you have any experience of circuit design or simulation work? If so, what?

Based on the phone interview, I was given a callback to come for a face-to-face interview. This was at Intel's Swindon facility, which had quite a beautiful "campus" like feel to it. The first half of the interview was an hour long, and with two engineers in their Embedded Systems Group - one specialising in software / middleware, and the other specialising in hardware. They asked me to talk through my relevant experience during internships and academic projects in hardware design and testing, as well as giving a better overview of the role.

The second half of the interview was with two managers from the same group, again an hour long. This was focussed more on my generic teamwork skills, and a long discussion on what I wanted to do with my career, where I think I'd fit into the role, et al.

Overall, I found during the actual interview day experience that the interviewers were very forthcoming in answering questions honestly, and they seemed to be nice, friendly people.

However, the post-interview experience leaves a lot to be desired. I wasn't given a timeline on when they would take a decision, and when they finally did the deadline kept shifting. While my contacts at Intel were quick to respond during the interview process, post-interview they didn't seemed to care as much. Never replied to my emails asking for feedback, nor did they reply to more administrative questions that I asked about getting my travel expenses refunded. This follow-up made me rethink whether I would ever want to work for Intel in the future.

Interview Questions
    • Intel repackages certain Core line processors with some features disabled under the Pentium brand name. Can you name which features are disabled or what the difference is for current generation "Pentium" brand processors?   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Intel Corporation in March 2013.

Online application followed by an invitation to an assessment day. The assessment day begins with an initial reception where you meet all the other candidates. This is followed by a schedule brief from the Hiring manager. You will be given a personal timetable which consists of the times/rooms for each interview and activity of the assessment day. There are two interviews: one behavioural/one technical. Then a final group assessment The behavioural interview involves drawing relevant examples from your past experience to demonstrate your approach to different situations. The Technical interview is slightly more intense than the behavioural interview as the interviewers are trying to gauge exactly how much you know and how far your skills go. You will be asked to elaborate on the technical skills listed on your CV and to demonstrate them. Your group assessment will require you assert your problem solving and team working skills. For my group assessment I was blindfolded and given 4 differently shaped and coloured objects. As a group we were told that for each candidate there should be 5 of each shape in 5 different colours. And between us, 2 of the objects are missing overall. So, we had to work together to work out what the missing objects were. I was one of the people with a missing object. We got 45mins for this exercise but it doesnt take that long.

Interview Questions
    • The technical interview was the most demanding part of the day in comparison to everything else.During the fixed part of this interview I was shown a computer motherboard and then asked to demonstrate my knowledge of its architecture by 1) Identifying all the main components 2) Identifying the function of all the main components 3) Describing the typical boot-up sequence of a Computer (CPU, BIOS etc)
      The rest of the interview was a discussion directed by the technical skills laid out in my CV.

View Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

Came to college for brief introduction, followed up with 2 rounds of interviews in their campus.
    Round 1 -
    Case study, very relevant to their current initiatives (hint read 10K / presentations from company website)
    Case briefing for 30 min.
    30 min panel interview on previous work experience
    Round 2 -
    Mock spectator in a meeting followed by an hour of discussion on contents of that meeting. Again will help if you know what they are doing at that time.

Pretty engaged throughout the process, responsive in conveying the results back to candidates.

Interview Questions
    • What are the current challenges in IOT? And what can we (intel) do about it?   Answer Question

Hardware Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

He asked mainly about CMOS basics, Gate tunneling, different types of power dissipation and ways to eliminate, 5 stages of pipeline, Cache Memories, SRAM & DRAM, Verification topics, System Verilog, UVM, DDR2, power area & performance optimization techniques, Physical Design such as Floorplanning, power planning, clock networks.

He asked little about my projects.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg (Russia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg (Russia)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

Undergraduate Hardware Intern position.

Was first contacted by the HR and then invited for a single-round f2f interview.
    Had a conversation with two Hardware Engineers and a Manager. The questions were mostly technical, but overall easy/average if you know your field.
    After the interview I was asked to solve a test problem at home. The task was to create a Verilog module (some matrix-related mathematics), and provide some building scripts, testing scenarios and documentation for that. The trick was to create two versions of the design: area-efficient and time-efficient, which required to use different algorithms, essentially doubling the task. It took me one week to solve the problem and prepare everything.

Interview Questions
    • Write some Verilog code that would infer latches. Draw the respective circuit. How to avoid latches in the code?
      Discrete Fourier transform formula and explanation.
      Estimate as closely as possible the time that you need to solve the test problem.

Answer Question
    No negotiation, because it was my first job.