Intel Corporation

1,258 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Technical Marketing Engineer Interview

Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Intel Corporation in June 2013.

Interview Details I applied for this position on the Intel website. The online application form is fairly standard without any role-specific questions.

This was followed up by a telephone interview a month later. I was asked the following questions as a skills / background check on the kind of experience I had:

- Have you worked in a design or applications role? If so, what?
- Do you have any previous experience of working in a related industry prior to university (e.g. as a technician)?
- Do you have any experience of circuit design or simulation work? If so, what?

Based on the phone interview, I was given a callback to come for a face-to-face interview. This was at Intel's Swindon facility, which had quite a beautiful "campus" like feel to it. The first half of the interview was an hour long, and with two engineers in their Embedded Systems Group - one specialising in software / middleware, and the other specialising in hardware. They asked me to talk through my relevant experience during internships and academic projects in hardware design and testing, as well as giving a better overview of the role.

The second half of the interview was with two managers from the same group, again an hour long. This was focussed more on my generic teamwork skills, and a long discussion on what I wanted to do with my career, where I think I'd fit into the role, et al.

Overall, I found during the actual interview day experience that the interviewers were very forthcoming in answering questions honestly, and they seemed to be nice, friendly people.

However, the post-interview experience leaves a lot to be desired. I wasn't given a timeline on when they would take a decision, and when they finally did the deadline kept shifting. While my contacts at Intel were quick to respond during the interview process, post-interview they didn't seemed to care as much. Never replied to my emails asking for feedback, nor did they reply to more administrative questions that I asked about getting my travel expenses refunded. This follow-up made me rethink whether I would ever want to work for Intel in the future.

Interview Question – Intel repackages certain Core line processors with some features disabled under the Pentium brand name. Can you name which features are disabled or what the difference is for current generation "Pentium" brand processors?   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

Applications Engineer
Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England

I applied online - interviewed at Intel Corporation in March 2013.

Interview Details Online application followed by an invitation to an assessment day. The assessment day begins with an initial reception where you meet all the other candidates. This is followed by a schedule brief from the Hiring manager. You will be given a personal timetable which consists of the times/rooms for each interview and activity of the assessment day. There are two interviews: one behavioural/one technical. Then a final group assessment The behavioural interview involves drawing relevant examples from your past experience to demonstrate your approach to different situations. The Technical interview is slightly more intense than the behavioural interview as the interviewers are trying to gauge exactly how much you know and how far your skills go. You will be asked to elaborate on the technical skills listed on your CV and to demonstrate them. Your group assessment will require you assert your problem solving and team working skills. For my group assessment I was blindfolded and given 4 differently shaped and coloured objects. As a group we were told that for each candidate there should be 5 of each shape in 5 different colours. And between us, 2 of the objects are missing overall. So, we had to work together to work out what the missing objects were. I was one of the people with a missing object. We got 45mins for this exercise but it doesnt take that long.

Interview Question – The technical interview was the most demanding part of the day in comparison to everything else.During the fixed part of this interview I was shown a computer motherboard and then asked to demonstrate my knowledge of its architecture by 1) Identifying all the main components 2) Identifying the function of all the main components 3) Describing the typical boot-up sequence of a Computer (CPU, BIOS etc)
The rest of the interview was a discussion directed by the technical skills laid out in my CV.
  View Answer

Graduate Research Intern Interview

Portland, OR (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview Details Got email from their recruiting staff sent to our university. Direct contact with their research group member. They look for a match by your resume and ask questions if they are interested in your previous experience. I think they are more concerned about your body of knowledge so that you can do best there.

Negotiation Details – This is taken care by Intel HR team.

Very Difficult Interview

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Cairo (Egypt)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in May 2013.

Interview Details Applied on the job
Called by phone by an HR representative
Technical Exam, English Exam and IQ Exam, all multiple choice questions on a computer
Technical Interview by 2 team leaders (Systems and C)
GM Interview
Offer provided
Got Hired

Interview Question – dividing x by 7 using simple operations (+, -, <<, >>, ...) and with no loops   View Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Bucharest (Romania)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Intel Corporation in December 2013.

Interview Details Very nice interview process - they respect experience as opposed to most companies who rely heavily on problem solving. Looks like a good place to be.

Interview Question – How would you implement an NTP like protocol in the 16th century.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I wasn't ready to give up my current position.

Financial Analyst Interview

Hillsboro, OR (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Intel Corporation in November 2011.

Interview Details Interviews began with 2 phone conversations with two difference senior finance managers, and transitioned to an all day interview with 4 or 5 different finance managers - ranging from manager to controller.

Interview Question – How do we track our Fab assets around the world?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

EMEA Programmer Manager Interview

Munich (Germany)

I applied online - interviewed at Intel Corporation in June 2012.

Interview Details I interviewed for a high level business and market development industrial placement in Munich, Germany. The interview process consisted of 1 telephone interview and 5 face to face interviews. The telephone interview was not competency based (only one competency based question). The telephone interview actually investigated more into my knowledge of B2B sales, data centre market, four Ps of Marketing, and how Intel was staying relevant in the data centre space. It was a very professional interview; I forgot I was even being interviewed for an internship.

Interview Question – The 5 face to face interviews were unexpected! The most difficult question I faced was something to do with a trend in the datacentre industry. The interviewer who asked me this question first drew a chart on a piece of white paper. The chart basically showed how the upward trend of virtualisation was impacting server footprint in worldwide datacentres.

He then put this piece of paper in front of me then asked me what Intel should do about it?
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was limited to location. Be based in UK EMEA Datacentre team or be based in Munich Germany EMEA Datacentre team.

Design Automation Intern Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview Details had few rounds of interview and questions were mostly on basics of digital design and few codes either in c or perl

Interview Question – Why use nmos and pmos? Question is expected but the answer expected was different than what we would think   Answer Question

Software Engineer Student Interview

Haifa (Israel)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in January 2012.

Interview Details I was a student so it might not help people applying for a regular job. there are two interviews, both were pretty regular, some basic questions and some personality questions

Software Engineer Student Interview

Santa Clara, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in July 2011.

Interview Details Send the resume to the Intel's web site. Full day of the interview with 5 people.Technical and non technical questions. A week later got a phone call from the company with an offer.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Intel Corporation

Worked for Intel Corporation? Contribute to the Community!

Intel Corporation Videos

Intel Corporation – Why Work for Us?

As the world leader in silicon innovation, Intel develops technologies, products and initiatives to continually advance how people work and live. Our world is filled with 41,000 engineers bent on turning science… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Intel Corporation interview questions and advice. All 1,258 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Intel Corporation employees and interview candidates.