Intel Corporation Interview Questions in Oregon

Updated 23 Apr 2015

3.1

D1C Manufacturing Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Portland, OR (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

Was refered through an ex coworker. I have spent 11 years in the air force. Worked as an aircraft hydraulic systems craftsman as well as a dedicated crew chief. Was called and they scheduled a telephone interview, which went pretty well. Mostly behavioral questions and a coupke technical questions. At the end of the call he told me he wanted to do a face to face, so i drove several hours to speak with them on a saturday. I was the only person in the libby, and only one that they interviewd. It was an interview with an engineer, and a technician. First hour was behavioral thpe questions, abd the last 45 mins were "problem solving" questions. The problem solving was basically a math test that they hand to you and tell you to work certain problems of their choosing, all while they intentionay try to distract you by doing an out-loud "critique" of your resume talking about other very low paying jobs hou may qualify for. The math portion caught me off guard a bit. So if you plan on interviewing with them, brush up on your math a bit if you like me and have not taken a math class in 15 years...because that was really what they cared about.

Interview Questions

• What is the definition of diversity, and why is it important   Answer Question

Senior Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

It was started with a phone interview with the group head for around one hour, and I got an invitation of the on site interview. The company arranged the travel efficiently. In on site interview, I gave a presentation about the work experiences that fit with the job description. I had 30 minutes to 1 hour to talk to almost every members in the group. We had discussion with the technical issues or the work that they were working on. In the very end of the interview, the group head have a discussion with me and wrapped up the interview. Around three days later, I got an email from the group head for extending me an offer.

Interview Questions

• Most are technical questions related to the job content, and some causal talks.   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Portland, OR (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

Started in the morning at 9:15 am and lasted till 4.00 pm. Included an one hour long presentation of my work during graduate school. This is when I have been asked most of the technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Mainly what problems I faced during my graduate research projects.   1 Answer

Product Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview process started with a hiring manager reaching out to me to coordinate a phone interview, the actual phone interview/screening that lasted for about 30 minutes, and the on-site interview. This hiring manager was not the actual hiring manager for the position I interviewed for when I was brought in for the on-site interview. The entire face-to-face interview was for 3-1/2 hours where I spoke with 5 Intel employees that included the actual hiring manager, hardware and software engineers, and a management staff member.

Interview Questions

• All questions were fair and based on my experience and what they look for in candidates. Since I was fairly well-prepared for both the phone and on-site interviews, I answered all the questions with confidence. As (I) expected for engineering interviews, some of the questions involved (a) processes in test and manufacturing environments, (b) test methods, (c) electrical diagrams, and (d) situational and behavioral questions.   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

Difficult.. Had a lot of unexpected questions, there's not much else to say. They do try to filter out people that don't know what they're doing. Great office and great atmosphere. They recruit quite aggressively.

RET Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR (US)).

Interview

Engineer from Intel's Lithography group gave a presentation at the school, and selected 10 students for an interview the next day. It was a 40 min interview with a mix of both technical and behavioral questions. One behavioral question was "Can you handle stress? Give an example."
    Few were selected for an onsite interview at Portland. The onsite interview lasted whole day - 9 in morning to 4 in evening. The day started with the manager of Lithography group giving a short tour of Intel and describing the hiring process. Then, I gave a one hour presentation based on my PhD research. Lots of questions were asked by the audience during the time. Following that, I had 40 min one-on-one interviews with 5 managers in the Lithography group. All managers picked up on my research fairly quickly and asked probing questions testing the depth of my knowledge. I faced only one behavioral question - how do you handle conflict?
    The lunch was with two new-hires in the lithography group. The purpose was to get a perspective from recent joinees.

Interview Questions

• - Most questions were technical in nature, and were based on my PhD research
      - Can you handle stress? Give example
      - How do you handle conflict?

Answer Question

D1C Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR (US)).

Interview

Pretty easy process. Met with the recruiter at college career fair, got invited for in-person interview the same day and had the interview following day. The recruiter called in 3-days time to offer me to fly out to Oregon for the field interview. On-site interview was pretty much behavioral; all the interviewers just explained about what each department did and how I would fit in. Had 6 interviews with managers and an hour presentation about my Master's Thesis work. Got an offer in exactly 4 weeks time.

Interview Questions

• Everyone will ask
      1. How do you troubleshoot machines
      2. How do you deal with a difficult member in a group

Nothing was unexpected.

Answer Question

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR (US)) in November 2014.

Interview

I had three rounds of interview, one face to face and two on Google hangout. The questions touched every current aspect in technology which was in demand. I received a call after a week and was offered the job at Hillsboro. I was invited for an orientation event that week to their campus and was told I would get the official offer details in a week. After two days of getting invited to the event, I received an email from the recruiter saying that she then realized that I needed work authorization and she forgot to check this even before she put me onto the interview list. So they retracted my offer ! I even asked one of my interviewers as well as a representative who took my resume during the career fair regarding this whether Intel's IT department would be offering sponsorship for me. They assured me that Intel would be sponsoring me for the Visa. Being an international student I am always worried about this one aspect. After I got the call, the HR stated repeatedly regarding the team's willingness to extend an offer and the upcoming event. I went ahead and rejected few of my other offers as well because of the polished talks. After all, Intel is a dream place for one to work. But this made me completely lose all the respect that I had for Intel. After spending an entire weekend to prepare, 3 rounds of interviews, getting an offer and then a retraction was something I never expected. The HR stopped replying to my emails after this. I am completely helpless. I wish this never happens to anyone else.

Component Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Portland, OR (US)) in November 2014.

Interview

Phone interview followed by onsite. Mainly technical questions on basics in the subject. Your resume, education, personality all matter ...not just the interview. University rankings are also very important. Some questions were on my resume and projects as well. They chose the topics for on site in which I was comfortable on phone interview. Very friendly and want to have people who can and are willing to learn.

Interview Questions

• Technical interview interspersed with behavioral questions   Answer Question

Negotiation

Still undergoing

FAB TECHNICIAN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR (US)).

Interview

Pretty focused on teamwork and safety. Very big deals for Intel. Know your electronics and schematics reading abilities. Also be prepared to share a bit about your past working experiences.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Phone call, and they more or less said this is the offer and made it seem I would be not selected if I didn't accept the initial offer. But I suppose that is how most companies work. This was years ago though.