Intel Corporation

289 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Applications Developer Interview

Hillsboro, OR (US)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Intel Corporation in March 2014.

Interview Details Brief phone interview, two back to back on-site interviews.

Interview Question – Explain jquery.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't choose to negotiate, but I could have.

Financial Analyst Interview

Hillsboro, OR (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Intel Corporation in November 2011.

Interview Details Interviews began with 2 phone conversations with two difference senior finance managers, and transitioned to an all day interview with 4 or 5 different finance managers - ranging from manager to controller.

Interview Question – How do we track our Fab assets around the world?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Software Engineering Intern Interview

Hillsboro, OR (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Intel Corporation in April 2013.

Interview Details Hired after 45 minute phone interview only. Met my manager after orientation (about a half day thing)

Interview Question – No trick questions, we just talked about my experience with the technologies the team was currently using and how my skill set could help the team   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I asked for a salary range, they gave me 3 cents per hour under my low..

Technical Project Manager Interview

Hillsboro, OR (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Intel Corporation in March 2011.

Interview Details Initial phone interview with manager and then a group interview with peers.

Interview Question – Several behavior based questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation - internal transfer.

Senior Electronics Technician Interview

Portland, OR (US)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in September 2012.

Interview Details Went through phone interviews with 6 departments for over a year. I had 2 phone interviews and one interview in person with the department I ended up with.

Interview Question – How much software coding experience do you have for a hardware job.   Answer Question

PTD Module and Integration Device Yield Engineer Interview

Hillsboro, OR (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in March 2014.

Interview Details Recruiters visited campus, and I met with them for an informal interview.
Phone interview the following week lasted about 20 min and covered my research and my resume. Very informal and pleasant. Was invited to an on-site interview.
Onsite interview started at 8:00 AM and lasted until 6:00 PM and was composed of a formal 45 min presentation of my research followed by a series of one on one interviews. All interviews were pleasant and conversational with targeted questions related to my PhD research and previous experience.
Mostly technical questions and questions I had about the culture of Intel in general.
Was given an interesting window tour of the Fab.
At the end of the interview I was offered a position, which I accepted.

Be prepared for a long interview. Pace yourself and take breaks if needed to reset and re-hydrate as you may be talking quite a bit.
Make sure you have a few good questions, and ask them!

Interview Questions

• A question related to a technique I presented as part of my research, but of which was enough removed that I could dig myself a hole if I was not careful.   View Answer
  • How would you explain your research to your grandmother?
    This was not really an unexpected or difficult question, but it stood out as being a fun question, and lucky I like explaining things to my grandmother! =)
      Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Fair salary for an shiny new PhD.

Process Engineer Interview

Hillsboro, OR (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Intel Corporation in December 2013.

Interview Details It was a 30 minute phone interview for process engineer/Tool owner. YOu have to be available 24/7 for this position. Very in depth with behavioral and technical questions.

Interview Question – Questions about tools and how to work   Answer Question

Graduate Technical Intern Interview

Hillsboro, OR (US)

I applied online and interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview Details The interview process takes place through a phone call most of the time and it lasts for 20 min to 30 min

Interview Question – Explain MESI protocol
Cache design,Memory and Pipelining
  View Answer

Senior Process Engineer Interview

Aloha, OR (US)

I applied online and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Intel Corporation in February 2014.

Interview Details Applied online for a process engineer position in Oct and I was contacted in Jan for a phone interview.

Phone interview was 30 mins with half of it being the hiring manager explaining the organization and the position and the 2nd half of it being related to my PhD work. Nothing unexpected. Mostly soft techanical questions, no behavioral questions. At the end of the phone interview, I was invited to an on-site interview.

On-Site was from 9:30 am - 3:30 pm with 3 panel interviews (1 behavior, 1 technical and 1 with higher up manager), 1 hour for lunch with current engineers and 1 hour campus tour. The panel interviews were with 2 engineers each. The behavioral interview was pretty straight forward with alot of question similar to those posted on Glassdoor. Techanical was pretty straightforward, I brought handouts with my PhD work and explained it and had to explain some situations where I had to do X or Y.

Final interview with the area manager was pretty straightforward, alot of similar questions to the ones asked earlier. Campus tour was nice.

Overall the on-site interview was very straightforward and casual as it could be.

Interview Question – Nothing really unexpected. What would you do if your knew your boss was doing something wrong (technically) at work?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I heard back from the hiring manager about a week later and was offered a position. The package was really good and competitive for a RCG PhD student. I didn't really negotiate my base salary but I was able to have a flexible start date (since I'm still trying to wrap everything up with my PhD work) and get particular vacation days for pre-existing stuff.

CAD Engineer Interview

Portland, OR (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in November 2013.

Interview Details Call for interview from job fair. Initial phone interview and then an onsite interview.

Interview Question – 3:8 Decoder using single line of verilog code   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Intel Corporation

Worked for Intel Corporation? Contribute to the Community!

Intel Corporation Videos

Intel Corporation – Why Work for Us?

As the world leader in silicon innovation, Intel develops technologies, products and initiatives to continually advance how people work and live. Our world is filled with 41,000 engineers bent on turning science… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Intel Corporation interview questions and advice in Oregon. All 289 interview reviews posted anonymously by Intel Corporation employees and interview candidates.