Intel Corporation

66 interviews

66 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Performance Analysis Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA (US)

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Intel Corporation in March 2013.

Technical Phone Interview on Comp Arch Questions

No negotiation for internships

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA (US)

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Intel Corporation.

I was hired as an intern then during internship interviewed for a fulltime position when graduated from college. Overall, this was the easiest software developer interview I had ever done. After 1 phone interview they brought me to their office. I then did 4 in-person interviews. 2 were technical and 2 were more business/soft skills/personality.

Interview Questions
    • I reversed a string. They questioned on basic object-oriented design. Gave me a basic situation and asked for me to design an overall class diagram of objects and functions I would need.
      One interview asked me a difficult SQL question at the beginning, I wasn't able to answer correctly. They then said they were done because the next questions were harder and left the room, was extremely rude. Still got the job though, I never had to work with that person thankfully.
        Answer Question
    HR emailed me with offer. I tried to negotiate they said offer is not-negotiable.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Intel Corporation in February 2014.

Just kind of called out of the blue. They didnt really interview me on much just asked basic c questions. Kind of easy to tell you the truth. If you have taken any sort of class in c your golden.

Nothing.

Software Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA (US)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Intel Corporation in April 2011.

I was contacted by my hiring manager for a position as a result of a resume drop off at career fair at my university. I was a Computer Engineer who wanted to work on digital hardware (specifically Computer Architecture) but I had strong software skills as well. I had a single phone screen interview in which I was asked basic software questions. From that, I was brought on-site in Santa Clara facing 4 interviewers. I had one interview where I was quizzed on basic computer architecture; one interview focused solely on software design principles (no coding problems however); one general interview to feel out my college curriculum experience; one final interview to feel out my ambitions and desires in regards to work. After that, I spoke with the hiring manager who just wanted to get a feel or my personality. In all, it was a very easy interview for me because I was not grilled hard in any one technical area.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked some pretty tough architect questions relating to Design For Test principles, cache architecture, pipeline construction. I don't remember the specifics from 2+ years ago however.   Answer Question
    I received a very good offer from the HR departnebt compared to some other companies I interviewed with. They explained the offer was a standard one for my grade level (Masters = Grade Level 5 @ Intel) that was not negotiable. There was a sizable moving bonus as well. Not much of a negotiator, I felt comfortable accepting it without making a fuss.

Technical Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA (US)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in November 2011.

Initial contact: got a call from a recruiter likely because of contacts I already have in the company. Again this highlights the importance of keeping in touch with past coworkers.
    Interview:
    Phone screen - about a 45 min phone interview primarily to get some idea on the extent of my projects role in terms of complexity and my ability to articulate past product life cycles.

On site interview - flew to my on site interview since the group is not in Santa Clara. The questions are mostly situational and behavioral in nature. I knew that this group had limited consumer product development experience so I thought that the key to getting an offer was to relate past risks, issues & challenges and how I dealt and managed them to get a product out. This was a whole day one on one interviews with other program managers, one manager and an architect. There were no technical questions. I did make sure to highlight that I had SW dev experience as a programmer, tech lead and manager in previous companies.

Hiring process: I received the offer within the week after one on site interview. I spoke with the recruiter regarding the compensation. The base salary was a lateral move from another high tech company but the the profit sharing/company bonus was better. I accepted the offer after talking to my contacts in the company. I have to say that boring team was very efficient and very accessible.

Interview Questions
    • How do you manage a project / program with teams across different geographies, time zones, languages & cultures? I expected this question and it was asked more than once. This is a complex question as it calls into ones various skills: communication, organizational, physical and mental stamina and schedule flexibility.   View Answer
    Not much negotiation other than starting date. Intel provides for pay differential for positions in the Silicon Valley.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA (US)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Intel Corporation in January 2011.

Recruited from college - two interviews at school, then invited to on-site weekend. Weekend included dinner with other recruits and some managers, 4 45-minute interviews, and lunch with a current analyst to discuss culture and area.
    Process took a couple of months, but I was still in school. If you apply with experience, it probably wouldn't take as long.

Interview Questions
    • What financial controls would you put in place for a finance team at Intel?
      If you were CFO, what would be your top 3 priorities?
        Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Design Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA (US)

I interviewed online - interviewed at Intel Corporation in March 2013.

1 phone interview

no negotiation

Senior Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Santa Clara, CA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA (US)

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Informal, found out who was the hiring manager and agreed directly about screening and interviews

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Santa Clara, CA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Phone interview (30 minutes). Very light questions. Had a phone call the next day for a site interview. Questions emphasized personality. The only technical questions involved my previous work/research. Everyone was very polite and professional, from talent acquisition to senior engineers. The process moved fast. Two days after submitting my application, I received a phone call. The next day I had a "technical screen". I was called the next day to schedule an on-site interview.

Interview Questions
    • Providing alternative solutions to my research (i.e. propose experiments with elemental analysis).   Answer Question

Electronics Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA (US)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Intel Corporation in December 2012.

For a contract position of 3+ months duration. Interview process was phone-only, consisted of talking to 3 department members for 1/2 hour each. No in-person interview needed due to good resume.

No negotiation. Contract employment agency had previously set a fixed rate.