InterContinental Hotels Group Interview Questions

2.7

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denham, South East England, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denham, South East England, England

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group.

Got to know of the position through network of people. I had 2 rounds of interviews. The process was straight forward. I had my offer in 1 week after my last round.

Interview Questions
    • Situational questions about how one would handle situations.   Answer Question

Graduate Leadership Programme-Revenue Management Interview

First classic interview with motivational questions and questions from the cv + psychometric test composed of numerical, text comprehension and logical elements + competency based questions interview + assessment centre (role play, group role play, written case study, presentation of case study solution, interview)

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group.

Behavioural interview, looking for past experience that would match the job requirements. Very fair, got the interview through a headhunter.

3 interviews, whereas had to present a case study on the last one

Sommelier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group in February 2013.

Initial telephone interviewing stage was smooth and efficient to set up an interview. However, the recruiter did not inform that this meeting would be an assessment taking up to three hours' time. Three team members conducted eye-to-eye interviews, one of which involved an uncomfortable dimmed-lights environment where the interviewer's face couldn't be seen. At the end of this interview a verbal offer for a trial shift was extended and I made adjustments to my calendar for this. When I left a voicemail message fo the manager on the trial day to confirm it, she did not reverse. After one month's delay, I received a curt rejection letter.

Food and Beverage Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Belfast, Northern Ireland
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belfast, Northern Ireland

I applied through other source. The process took 6 days - interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group in January 2012.

As you can see from my curriculum Vital, I’m well informed about hotel services or kitchen services because I have Diploma in hotel Operation and Certificate of Computer skills and Others, Besides to my experience that I do have right now.

Consultancy Contractor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denham, South East England, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denham, South East England, England

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group in November 2011.

Hiring through one of their university partnership, interviewed with both university and the direct manager of this position

Interview Questions
    • it's the question I asked the manager, and he asked me back the same question   Answer Question
    not much negotiation involved in this position

Sales Coordinator Interview

The process will be done with the sales manager and director of sale ( Maybe even a sales coordinator if they have one at the time). On site in the hotel lobby. Dress professional and be early. They will try to make the process as fast as possible but the interview will be at least an hour.

Interview Questions
    • The questions will be basic tell me about yourself questions. Make sure to smile, be bubbly, and present a plan of what you would like to do for the company.   Answer Question

The pay rate was low

Front Desk Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Binghamton, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Binghamton, NY (US)

I applied online - interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group.

I applied the front dest receptionist position online, which included several short essay questions and some basic information. I got a phone call 3days later and told you to come the day the hr called you or the next day. The interview was one on one and lasted about 18 minutes. Asked about my previous working experience and gave some example how I perform my excellent customer service. The interview was not hard just be honest.

Communications Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group.

Really depends on the hiring team. I was screened by our recruiter. Then I did a behavioral phone interview. Then I was interviewed by the Director and Manager of the team.

Igrad Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group.

the hiring and interview process was not as other hotels. They were looking at presentation skills of an induviduals as well as how the handle situations that would occur in the hotels on a regular basis. Overall if you are confident it should be easy.

Interview Questions

Worked for InterContinental Hotels Group? Contribute to the Community!