InterContinental Hotels Group

Updated 24 Feb 2015
Updated 24 Feb 2015

2.7

Planning Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group.

Applied online. Process took almost 2 months. 2 phone interviews, followed by 3 stages: Case study presentation, and another 2 other interviews. Questions were extensive and considerable knowledge of the industry was required.

Interview Questions
    • They all were relatively straightforward. Why this industry? Why us? What are the current events in this sector? How competition alters the landscape? Talk me through a change process. RoI on investment. P&L of a hotel calculation. etc   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denham, South East England, England

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group.

Got to know of the position through network of people. I had 2 rounds of interviews. The process was straight forward. I had my offer in 1 week after my last round.

Interview Questions
    • Situational questions about how one would handle situations.   Answer Question

First classic interview with motivational questions and questions from the cv + psychometric test composed of numerical, text comprehension and logical elements + competency based questions interview + assessment centre (role play, group role play, written case study, presentation of case study solution, interview)

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group.

Behavioural interview, looking for past experience that would match the job requirements. Very fair, got the interview through a headhunter.

3 interviews, whereas had to present a case study on the last one

Sommelier Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England
    Anonymous Employee in London, England

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group in February 2013.

Initial telephone interviewing stage was smooth and efficient to set up an interview. However, the recruiter did not inform that this meeting would be an assessment taking up to three hours' time. Three team members conducted eye-to-eye interviews, one of which involved an uncomfortable dimmed-lights environment where the interviewer's face couldn't be seen. At the end of this interview a verbal offer for a trial shift was extended and I made adjustments to my calendar for this. When I left a voicemail message fo the manager on the trial day to confirm it, she did not reverse. After one month's delay, I received a curt rejection letter.

Food and Beverage Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belfast, Northern Ireland
    Anonymous Employee in Belfast, Northern Ireland

I applied through other source. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group in January 2012.

As you can see from my curriculum Vital, I’m well informed about hotel services or kitchen services because I have Diploma in hotel Operation and Certificate of Computer skills and Others, Besides to my experience that I do have right now.

Consultancy Contractor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denham, South East England, England

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group in November 2011.

Hiring through one of their university partnership, interviewed with both university and the direct manager of this position

Interview Questions
    • it's the question I asked the manager, and he asked me back the same question   Answer Question
    not much negotiation involved in this position

I applied online – interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group.

First step : selection based on resume and cover letter
    Second step : phone interview with HR
    Third step : online tests
    Fourth step : phone interview with relevant field directors
    Fifth step : Assessment center in one of the hotels
    Final selection

Interview Questions
    • Standard questions : why would you like to work for us ? What skills do you have which fits with the mission you are applying for ? Tell me a mission you accomplished you were particularly proud of ?   Answer Question

Devops Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group in February 2015.

2 phone interviews, 1 face to face, followed up by another phone interview.
    They said they really liked me and thought I was a good fit at the face to face but then never called me back to say yes or no.

Interview Questions
    • General open ended questions..."What have you done with ...?" Some questions like "Explain how xyz was done previously and your role with it." All of that was during the first 2 calls and the face to face. For the 3rd call the lower level person who did not make the hiring decision kept asking very technical questions about subjects that were not relevant, technologies that were outdated, or about items that I had already stated that I was not familiar with. He kept asking the same questions just rewording them.

Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

There were two phone interviews, one in person interview followed 2 months later after being asked to work with their process and they were very interested. Then we had a panel interview and IHG provided no feedback after that step.