InterContinental Hotels Group

Updated 4 Dec 2014
Updated 4 Dec 2014

2.7

Planning Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group.

Applied online. Process took almost 2 months. 2 phone interviews, followed by 3 stages: Case study presentation, and another 2 other interviews. Questions were extensive and considerable knowledge of the industry was required.

Interview Questions
    • They all were relatively straightforward. Why this industry? Why us? What are the current events in this sector? How competition alters the landscape? Talk me through a change process. RoI on investment. P&L of a hotel calculation. etc   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denham, South East England, England

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group.

Got to know of the position through network of people. I had 2 rounds of interviews. The process was straight forward. I had my offer in 1 week after my last round.

Interview Questions
    • Situational questions about how one would handle situations.   Answer Question

Graduate Leadership Programme-Revenue Management Interview

First classic interview with motivational questions and questions from the cv + psychometric test composed of numerical, text comprehension and logical elements + competency based questions interview + assessment centre (role play, group role play, written case study, presentation of case study solution, interview)

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group.

Behavioural interview, looking for past experience that would match the job requirements. Very fair, got the interview through a headhunter.

3 interviews, whereas had to present a case study on the last one

Sommelier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group in February 2013.

Initial telephone interviewing stage was smooth and efficient to set up an interview. However, the recruiter did not inform that this meeting would be an assessment taking up to three hours' time. Three team members conducted eye-to-eye interviews, one of which involved an uncomfortable dimmed-lights environment where the interviewer's face couldn't be seen. At the end of this interview a verbal offer for a trial shift was extended and I made adjustments to my calendar for this. When I left a voicemail message fo the manager on the trial day to confirm it, she did not reverse. After one month's delay, I received a curt rejection letter.

Food and Beverage Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belfast, Northern Ireland
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belfast, Northern Ireland

I applied through other source. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group in January 2012.

As you can see from my curriculum Vital, I’m well informed about hotel services or kitchen services because I have Diploma in hotel Operation and Certificate of Computer skills and Others, Besides to my experience that I do have right now.

Consultancy Contractor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denham, South East England, England

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group in November 2011.

Hiring through one of their university partnership, interviewed with both university and the direct manager of this position

Interview Questions
    • it's the question I asked the manager, and he asked me back the same question   Answer Question
    not much negotiation involved in this position

Director Interview

I didn't enjoy the process. They brought several candidates who were competing for the same role on the same day, even having lunch together. that's ok for an internship position, not for a senior role. Pretty uncomfortable.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were OK, but none of candidates got one on one time with the hiring manager. Interview with hiring manager included another candidate at the same time. Akward.   Answer Question

Sales Coordinator Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group.

First conversation with HR department
    Second conversation with Sales Manager and General Manager.

Due to juniority mostly questions related to studies and internships, as well as my motivation for the position.

Business Development Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group in November 2014.

Got to know about this position through a work contact of a regional sales director. The HR manager emailed me and we agreed on a time to talk on the phone, just to get to know more about the work responsibility etc. The HR manager was very friendly and polite on the phone.

Interview Questions

It was a great career opportunity, but after finding out more about the position I felt that it was quite different from what I was looking for.