InterContinental Hotels Group Interview Questions

Updated 30 Mar 2015
Updated 30 Mar 2015

2.7

Planning Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group.

Interview

Applied online. Process took almost 2 months. 2 phone interviews, followed by 3 stages: Case study presentation, and another 2 other interviews. Questions were extensive and considerable knowledge of the industry was required.

Interview Questions

• They all were relatively straightforward. Why this industry? Why us? What are the current events in this sector? How competition alters the landscape? Talk me through a change process. RoI on investment. P&L of a hotel calculation. etc   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (Denham, South East England, England).

Interview

Got to know of the position through network of people. I had 2 rounds of interviews. The process was straight forward. I had my offer in 1 week after my last round.

Interview Questions

• Situational questions about how one would handle situations.   Answer Question

Graduate Leadership Programme-Revenue Management Interview

Interview

First classic interview with motivational questions and questions from the cv + psychometric test composed of numerical, text comprehension and logical elements + competency based questions interview + assessment centre (role play, group role play, written case study, presentation of case study solution, interview)

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (London, England).

Interview

Behavioural interview, looking for past experience that would match the job requirements. Very fair, got the interview through a headhunter.

Negotiation

3 interviews, whereas had to present a case study on the last one

Sommelier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (London, England) in February 2013.

Interview

Initial telephone interviewing stage was smooth and efficient to set up an interview. However, the recruiter did not inform that this meeting would be an assessment taking up to three hours' time. Three team members conducted eye-to-eye interviews, one of which involved an uncomfortable dimmed-lights environment where the interviewer's face couldn't be seen. At the end of this interview a verbal offer for a trial shift was extended and I made adjustments to my calendar for this. When I left a voicemail message fo the manager on the trial day to confirm it, she did not reverse. After one month's delay, I received a curt rejection letter.

E-commerce Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (Denham, South East England, England) in February 2013.

Interview

Had to send my CV & Cover letter for the job. They got back to me really quick and asked me to come in for an interview. I did and they told me they'll let me know after they see other candidates too. Within 2 weeks I've been asked to come in again for a 2nd interview which consisted of a presentation (competitor analysis)

Interview Questions

• The usual questions: tell me about yourself, strengths, weaknesses, a difficult situation, proudest achievement, etc   Answer Question

Front Desk Receptionist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (Liverpool, England) in May 2012.

Interview

Met with the Front of House Manager, informally in the Hotel Bar. We had a casual chat about my skills and experiences. The interviewer posed some situation based questions, such as dealing with team members and customers. We discussed my interests and career goals. It was comfortable and I felt like the interviewer was really interested in what I had to say.

Interview Questions

• Explain how would you deal with someone who wasn't happy with their stay?   Answer Question

Food and Beverage Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (Belfast, Northern Ireland) in January 2012.

Interview

As you can see from my curriculum Vital, I’m well informed about hotel services or kitchen services because I have Diploma in hotel Operation and Certificate of Computer skills and Others, Besides to my experience that I do have right now.

Consultancy Contractor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (Denham, South East England, England) in November 2011.

Interview

Hiring through one of their university partnership, interviewed with both university and the direct manager of this position

Interview Questions

• it's the question I asked the manager, and he asked me back the same question   Answer Question

Negotiation

not much negotiation involved in this position

Strategy Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group.

Interview

Applied for the position, hear back about scheduling an interview a week later. The first interview was all behavioral. The second was half behavioral and half technical. Asking about different hotel revenue techniques and general M&A questions. Had to work out an excel data sheet to answer some questions. Pivot table was best method for solving this.