InterContinental Hotels

Relevance Date Difficulty

Graduate Leadership Programme-Revenue Management Interview

Graduate Leadership Programme-Revenue Management

Interviewed at InterContinental Hotels

Interview Details First classic interview with motivational questions and questions from the cv + psychometric test composed of numerical, text comprehension and logical elements + competency based questions interview + assessment centre (role play, group role play, written case study, presentation of case study solution, interview)

Interview Questions

Manager Interview

Manager
London, England

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at InterContinental Hotels.

Interview Details Behavioural interview, looking for past experience that would match the job requirements. Very fair, got the interview through a headhunter.

Negotiation Details – 3 interviews, whereas had to present a case study on the last one

Sommelier Interview

Sommelier
London, England

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at InterContinental Hotels in February 2013.

Interview Details Initial telephone interviewing stage was smooth and efficient to set up an interview. However, the recruiter did not inform that this meeting would be an assessment taking up to three hours' time. Three team members conducted eye-to-eye interviews, one of which involved an uncomfortable dimmed-lights environment where the interviewer's face couldn't be seen. At the end of this interview a verbal offer for a trial shift was extended and I made adjustments to my calendar for this. When I left a voicemail message fo the manager on the trial day to confirm it, she did not reverse. After one month's delay, I received a curt rejection letter.

Interview Question – Blind tasting   Answer Question

Consultancy Contractor Interview

Consultancy Contractor
Denham, South East England, England

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at InterContinental Hotels in November 2011.

Interview Details Hiring through one of their university partnership, interviewed with both university and the direct manager of this position

Interview Question – it's the question I asked the manager, and he asked me back the same question   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – not much negotiation involved in this position

Food and Beverage Supervisor Interview

Food and Beverage Supervisor
Belfast, Northern Ireland

I applied through another source and the process took 6 days - interviewed at InterContinental Hotels in January 2012.

Interview Details As you can see from my curriculum Vital, I’m well informed about hotel services or kitchen services because I have Diploma in hotel Operation and Certificate of Computer skills and Others, Besides to my experience that I do have right now.

Sales Coordinator Interview

Sales Coordinator

Interviewed at InterContinental Hotels

Interview Details The process will be done with the sales manager and director of sale ( Maybe even a sales coordinator if they have one at the time). On site in the hotel lobby. Dress professional and be early. They will try to make the process as fast as possible but the interview will be at least an hour.

Interview Question – The questions will be basic tell me about yourself questions. Make sure to smile, be bubbly, and present a plan of what you would like to do for the company.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The pay rate was low

Front Desk Receptionist Interview

Front Desk Receptionist
Binghamton, NY (US)

I applied online and interviewed at InterContinental Hotels.

Interview Details I applied the front dest receptionist position online, which included several short essay questions and some basic information. I got a phone call 3days later and told you to come the day the hr called you or the next day. The interview was one on one and lasted about 18 minutes. Asked about my previous working experience and gave some example how I perform my excellent customer service. The interview was not hard just be honest.

Interview Question – No unexpected questions   Answer Question

Human Resources Director Interview

Human Resources Director
Al Farwānīyah (Kuwait)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at InterContinental Hotels in February 2012.

Interview Details Two Interviews - Corporate HR and Owning Company Representative - both were behavioral with the HR one being more of an technical experience base and the other being more of a strategic and behavior interview

Interview Question – Behavioral/Situation line of questions   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate and the soft sell method worked.

Guest Services Representative Interview

Guest Services Representative
Sydney (Australia)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at InterContinental Hotels in January 2011.

Interview Details If you're studying Hospitality, the interview was done with HR first then the properties "picked" who they liked. (only one property at a time could pick you, so if you said no, then you may not get another property picking you / if you said yes, a better opportunity may have been waiting but missed out on picking you).
Then met with managers for one interview.

Interview Question – Pretty straight forward interview questions, nothing that I wasn't prepared for. As long as you follow the STAR behavioural technique you'll be fine. Have a few generalised answers that can be moulded to suit the question.   Answer Question

Communications Manager Interview

Communications Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at InterContinental Hotels.

Interview Details Really depends on the hiring team. I was screened by our recruiter. Then I did a behavioral phone interview. Then I was interviewed by the Director and Manager of the team.

Worked for InterContinental Hotels? Contribute to the Community!