InterContinental Hotels

Relevance Date Difficulty

Manager Interview

Manager
London, England

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at InterContinental Hotels.

Interview Details Behavioural interview, looking for past experience that would match the job requirements. Very fair, got the interview through a headhunter.

Negotiation Details – 3 interviews, whereas had to present a case study on the last one

Sommelier Interview

London, England

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at InterContinental Hotels in February 2013.

Interview Details Initial telephone interviewing stage was smooth and efficient to set up an interview. However, the recruiter did not inform that this meeting would be an assessment taking up to three hours' time. Three team members conducted eye-to-eye interviews, one of which involved an uncomfortable dimmed-lights environment where the interviewer's face couldn't be seen. At the end of this interview a verbal offer for a trial shift was extended and I made adjustments to my calendar for this. When I left a voicemail message fo the manager on the trial day to confirm it, she did not reverse. After one month's delay, I received a curt rejection letter.

Interview Question – Blind tasting   Answer Question

Consultancy Contractor Interview

Denham, South East England, England

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at InterContinental Hotels in November 2011.

Interview Details Hiring through one of their university partnership, interviewed with both university and the direct manager of this position

Interview Question – it's the question I asked the manager, and he asked me back the same question   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – not much negotiation involved in this position

Food and Beverage Supervisor Interview

Food and Beverage Supervisor
Belfast, Northern Ireland

I applied through other source and the process took 6 days - interviewed at InterContinental Hotels in January 2012.

Interview Details As you can see from my curriculum Vital, I’m well informed about hotel services or kitchen services because I have Diploma in hotel Operation and Certificate of Computer skills and Others, Besides to my experience that I do have right now.

Training Manager Interview

I applied online and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at InterContinental Hotels in January 2014.

Interview Details The interview process took months and there was little communication.

Interview Question – There was a task assignment that was asked of the applicants and no feedback on what worked or didn't.   Answer Question

Director of Food & Beverage Interview

San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at InterContinental Hotels in March 2014.

Interview Details Interview with Director of HR, Interview with Director of Operation, Interview with Regional General Manager

Interview Question – How would you handle challenging direct reports   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Back and forth. Finally hotel pulled all previously discussed offers back and pulled the job posting

Igrad Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at InterContinental Hotels.

Interview Details the hiring and interview process was not as other hotels. They were looking at presentation skills of an induviduals as well as how the handle situations that would occur in the hotels on a regular basis. Overall if you are confident it should be easy.

Interview Question – Situation handling would be the most difficult part   Answer Question

Team Manager Interview

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at InterContinental Hotels.

Interview Details Applied for the position online and was given a phone interview about 2 weeks later. The interview was conducted by 2 people. Asked what my definition of integrity. About 2 weeks later I was called back for a face to face interview. I was taken on a tour of the facility, it was a very nice contact center. I was then interviewed by two Operation Managers who were very nice and personable. The interview questions weren't too difficult, typical contact center questions. How would you motivate your team and earn their respect? How would you respond to change? They gave me the opportunity to ask questions. Overall great interview, very nice and professional people. Hope to hear from them soon.

Interview Question – The most unexpected question but not difficult was if you were any kind of animal what would it be and why? Guess a character question. It was fun.   Answer Question

Call Center Team Manager Interview

Charleston, SC (US)

I applied online - interviewed at InterContinental Hotels in February 2014.

Interview Details phone interview was your typical questions describe....

Interview Question – what your definition of integrity   Answer Question

I Host Interview

Panaji (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at InterContinental Hotels in October 2013.

Interview Details Nice company with nice interview including personal and technical interviewing for F&B department as a Hotel Operational trainee

Interview Question – some of the capital and currencies for different countries like spain and portugal coz i ws siting fr F&B dept   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I got better oportunities

Interviews for Top Jobs at InterContinental Hotels

Worked for InterContinental Hotels? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at InterContinental Hotels interview questions and advice. All 93 interview reviews are posted anonymously by InterContinental Hotels employees and interview candidates.