Intuit Interview Questions

Updated 21 Apr 2015

Service and Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Intuit (London, England) in May 2014.

Interview

I applied online on their website. In one week I received an email from the recruiter stating that she wanted to have a screen phone interview. The phone interview went very well. She told me about the position, asked a few questions about my experience and we set up a face to face interview for the next week. I got an email confirmation with the details of the interview. The following week I had the face to face interview. It lasted about one hour, half of it was with the manager, the other half with a head of a team. Very nice, professional people. A lot of behavioural questions relating to customer service and my experience within the field. Said I would be contacted by the recruiter. Aside from a phone call from the background check company about a week and half later I never heard from them. I tried following up with the recruiter once but didn't get a response.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a small observation you made that had a great impact on the activity?   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intuit (London, England) in December 2013.

Interview

Two interviews and base test, face to face on-site via an agency. First stage with potential co-worker and data specialist (included a technical test). Second stage with potential co-worker. Both interviews covered background, relevance to the role and technical knowledge assessed through conversation around how I would approach given scenarios.

Smart people, down to earth and intellectual. Overall, great interviews!

Interview Questions

• No out of the box questions but don't go in expecting to breeze through - you need to know your stuff and be able to conversate about what you know.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Was given the impression the job was in the bag by the end of the second interview. Agency confirmed and was over the moon and really looking forward to working there. Then..., silence for three days. Chased up and was told by agency that new leadership on board froze budgets and they won't be pursuing any time in near future! Extremely frustrating after spending time to go through the entire process.

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Intuit (London, England) in November 2013.

Interview

- Two stage, on-site with potential team co-workers.
    - SQL knowledge test.
    - Conversational - covered background, specific skill topics, examples for previous roles, scenario questions on how I'd tackle certain tasks/projects of their current issues.

Group Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Intuit (London, England) in June 2012.

Interview

Lengthy process, 9 interviews, 3 face to face, remainder over phone / skype, flexible approach (late and early), repetitive questions, friendly approach, important to understand positioning and strategy, focus on people skills and team work, how to act in difficult situations

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is always room for more money

Project Manager Interview

Application

interviewed at Intuit in April 2011.

Interview

Multiple stages pre face to face. These included in house recruiter, phone screening, phone interview and practical test. Lastly face to face interview with hiring manager on site.
    Had stopped and started quite a few times.

Senior Product Manager Interview

Interview

Behavioral based interview questions. Focused on leadership, working cross functionally, and interest in the company and the position. I had several rounds of interviews both on the phone and in person. Once my final interview was completed, HR acted very quickly with the offer. The onboarding process was also very smooth and I was provided all the necessary new hire information on my first day

Interview Questions

• Provide an example where you worked cross-functionally and had to convince a business partner to move forward with your recommendation?   Answer Question

Senior Software QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Intuit (Bangalore (India)) in April 2015.

Interview

It was a telephonic interview. It lasted for about half an hour. The intention was about the understanding of rest apis, test framework, java basics etc. Still awaiting for the result.

Interview Questions

• 1. OOPS concepts. Explanation about Polymorphism, Inheritance. Method overloading, overriding examples.
      2. Asynchronous REST api concept.
      3. REST api automation.
      4. Difference between interface and abstract class.
      5. REST api automation code to set the yahoo home page.
      6. Selenium basics.
      7. SOAP api testing basics.
      8. HTTP status and their significance.

Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

First I talked to the university recruiter, then one technical phone screen with fairly basic programming questions (i was asked fizzbuzz) and some behavioral questions. It was pretty casual and seemed mostly focused on making sure you aren't a schmuck. Then one onsite interview with 3 engineers that was a mix of behavioral and slightly harder technical questions (Fibonacci and its big o). Again it was pretty casual, they wanted to get to know you ask you about the projects you've worked on, what you are interested in, etc. and give you the chance to ask them anything you wanted. make sure to have questions to ask them, because its supposed to be more of a group conversation than them grilling you, and pay attention when they're talking so your questions arent generic.

Interview Questions

• given a time, find the angle between the minute hand and hour hand for that time on an analog clock.   2 Answers

Intern Interview

Interview

Gave one day notice about interview, but they were accommodating with times. They made it seem like it would be laptop coding but it was all on the whiteboard. They told me results within a week of the interview with constructive feedback.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Intuit.

Interview

Initially 30-40 minutes of phone screening and then onsite interview. I did not pass the phone interview, the interview took about 15 minutes because I felt that he was not fulfilled with my answers. The interviewer did not ask me questions like tell me a bit about your background or why would you want to work for intuit.. It seemed strictly business like and the interviewer just listened to my answers without any comment making it difficult to comprehend whether I got them right or wrong.

Interview Questions

• What kind of difficulties have you observed when performing cross browser testing?   1 Answer
    • What's the difference between interface and abstract class?   1 Answer
    • Have you ever faced a situation where you foresaw a possible bug which a developer will introduce and warn him/her beforehand, if yes, please explain..   1 Answer
    • Have you identified certain risks while testing?   1 Answer