Intuit

Updated 24 Nov 2014
Updated 24 Nov 2014

Service and Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Intuit in May 2014.

I applied online on their website. In one week I received an email from the recruiter stating that she wanted to have a screen phone interview. The phone interview went very well. She told me about the position, asked a few questions about my experience and we set up a face to face interview for the next week. I got an email confirmation with the details of the interview. The following week I had the face to face interview. It lasted about one hour, half of it was with the manager, the other half with a head of a team. Very nice, professional people. A lot of behavioural questions relating to customer service and my experience within the field. Said I would be contacted by the recruiter. Aside from a phone call from the background check company about a week and half later I never heard from them. I tried following up with the recruiter once but didn't get a response.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me of a small observation you made that had a great impact on the activity?   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intuit in December 2013.

Two interviews and base test, face to face on-site via an agency. First stage with potential co-worker and data specialist (included a technical test). Second stage with potential co-worker. Both interviews covered background, relevance to the role and technical knowledge assessed through conversation around how I would approach given scenarios.

Smart people, down to earth and intellectual. Overall, great interviews!

Interview Questions
    • No out of the box questions but don't go in expecting to breeze through - you need to know your stuff and be able to conversate about what you know.   Answer Question
    Was given the impression the job was in the bag by the end of the second interview. Agency confirmed and was over the moon and really looking forward to working there. Then..., silence for three days. Chased up and was told by agency that new leadership on board froze budgets and they won't be pursuing any time in near future! Extremely frustrating after spending time to go through the entire process.

Group Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Intuit in June 2012.

Lengthy process, 9 interviews, 3 face to face, remainder over phone / skype, flexible approach (late and early), repetitive questions, friendly approach, important to understand positioning and strategy, focus on people skills and team work, how to act in difficult situations

Interview Questions
    There is always room for more money

Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at Intuit.

Started with a recruiter reaching out to me. At the time I was interested so I pursued. Talked with the recruiter first. Then she sent me an exercise to test some basic analytic skills. That seemed to go well so a phone call was set up with the hiring manager. We also seemed to have a good conversation. At the end of that call, he said he wanted to set up another call with a colleague of his. That was 4 weeks ago and zero contact. I tried reaching out to him, to the recruiter who initially called me and to another recruiter who had set up the call. No response.

I understand if they decide to go with another candidate. We're all adults here. But the lack of professionalism to let you know one way or the other is very disappointing coming from Intuit. The interviews themselves were all great and the people I spoke with were all great as well. I guess I have to point this back to recruiting and HE.

Intern Interview

being a masters student, got an interview call from the company after initial scrutiny done by recruiters at college job fair and there were two rounds at interview one of which was behavioral and other was technical interview

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Intuit.

Intuit provided a very comprehensive approach to interviewing to ensure a good fit.Everyone that I encountered was very friendly, seemed happy to be at Intuit, and was very transparent as they shared information.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing comes to mind. The interview questions correlated very well to the job. The recruiter did a good job of setting expectations and ensuring a thorough understanding of the job requirements.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

First, there were two phone screens. The phone screens asked mostly behavioral and fit questions with a little bit of technical questions. Then there was an onsite interview with four engineers covering both behavioral and technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • They had their own made-up question that you will never expect, and that question really tested your logic. I don't think I'm allowed to share it here.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intuit in November 2014.

Applied on corporate website. Couple of months went by and I was eventually contacted by one of their corporate recruiters who wanted to discuss a different position (QA - which I was not interested in). She was kind enough to hear what I WOULD be interested in instead, and referred me to another corporate recruiter.
    This second corporate recruiter reached out to me the next day for a phone call and he told me a lot about the company on a high level, then described their hiring process briefly. Didn't ask any technical questions- just questions about my technical background and interests. He set up a phone interview with one of the hiring managers (a Senior Manager of Software Engineering) for the very next day.
    Phone interview with engineering manager went well. No deep technical evaluation- mostly questions about my experience and specific technical knowledge. Mostly high level questions like why I would choose one database platform over another, why I would choose one programming language/framework over another, etc. Then asked me a real rudimentary question about the order of construction when instantiating a subclass C whose parent is B whose parent is A. Then asked similar about destruction order, and "why" things work that way. Easy. At end of call, was told I would probably be invited on site.
    Corporate recruiter I had been working with was very communicative, unlike most recruiters I have worked. Over the next couple days as I awaited a formal invite on site, he kept me posted about the progress/delays. In the end, I received my invite after only 3 days- I received a call from an Interview Coordinator on a Tuesday who set up the on site session for the following Friday. On Wednesday, received a formal email-invitation from Coordinator with info on Intuit, agenda, and directions to the office in San Diego. Shortly thereafter, the corporate recruiter sent me an email describing what the interview environment would be like so that I'd be best prepared. He gave me the rundown of what to expect that day- very gracious. He also passed along an online skills test to take any time before the on-site. 4 multiple choice questions, 2 problem-solving. Moderately easy.
    Friday came along and I met first with the recruiter, who gave me a tour of the beautiful campus, followed by a few minutes to chat before technical interviews. Technical interview began with the same Senior Mgr who did my phone screen along with a Principal Eng. They had asked me to prepare a presentation of my 2-3 coolest accomplishments. Had some good ones, so I spoke for 25 min. with a PowerPoint presentation. Then, technical questions. 3 in all.
    First one, stumbled through, but got solution in the end with some hints along the way.
    Second one, was told, "don't worry if you don't get the solution, this is just to see thought process. bonus if you get it". I absolutely nailed that one on the head.
    Third one, same outcome as first question.
    Then, they left a lot of time for me to ask questions- Even cancelled a meeting to allow me to stay longer to get my questions out.
    Afterward, recruiter escorted me out. Told me I'd hear back by Monday (1 business day). Indeed I did- they felt my problem solving skills were not aligned with the role they wanted to fill. I respectfully disagree with that. But, I understand where they are coming from.
    At the end of the day, I was treated with nothing but respect by EVERYONE along the way, and they gave me every opportunity to succeed- I merely fumbled the ball during the interview process as they presented me with questions that I probably could have solved without "hints" in a less time-constrained environment with less pressure. But that's interviews for you. No excuses.
    Only small oddity is that the people who interviewed me didn't even have any idea that I had taken the online skills tests (and therefore didn't even know my results) despite the fact that I was told "everyone has to take this". No big deal.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were around problem-solving with algorithms. First question, interviewer insisted I write it on the white-board, syntactically correct (in Java). Given time constraints and the pressure (yeah, I know, those are both things that were my problem, not theirs), I just wrote out an O(n^2) solution fairly quickly, although ate a lot of time to write compile-ready code on the whiteboard. By the time that was done, interview felt too much time had lapsed so started giving me hints, asking me if I could rewrite it for O(log n) or O(n). Got there eventually, but interviewer literally said, "In the interest of time, here are some hints...". Certainly, with more than a couple of minutes I could have come up with an O(n) solution on my own. The question was only moderately difficult.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Intuit in November 2014.

Two interviews - one technical, one behavioral. Technical interview included talking about projects on resume, being able to reproduce an algorithm from said projects. Trivia questions based on skillsets/technologies mentioned on resume. Technical question involved implementing the Fibonacci sequence algorithm.

Behavioral question based on reasons why to work at the company, leadership-based questions, culture-fit questions.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected - asking about very particular git commands.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA (US)

I applied through other source – interviewed at Intuit.

Since I was introduced to Intuit by sort-of-a referral, I was contacted by a recruiter to set up an on-site interview first thing. I was interviewed by the team I would be working with, which meant five back-to-back 45-minute interviews which each team member. There were four technical interviews, and one behavioral interview. All of my interviewers were very nice, understanding, and encouraging as I went through solving their technical questions. Intuit also provided me with lunch.