Intuit

Relevance Date Difficulty

Service and Support Representative Interview

Service and Support Representative
London, England

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Intuit in May 2014.

Interview Details I applied online on their website. In one week I received an email from the recruiter stating that she wanted to have a screen phone interview. The phone interview went very well. She told me about the position, asked a few questions about my experience and we set up a face to face interview for the next week. I got an email confirmation with the details of the interview. The following week I had the face to face interview. It lasted about one hour, half of it was with the manager, the other half with a head of a team. Very nice, professional people. A lot of behavioural questions relating to customer service and my experience within the field. Said I would be contacted by the recruiter. Aside from a phone call from the background check company about a week and half later I never heard from them. I tried following up with the recruiter once but didn't get a response.

Interview Question – Tell me of a small observation you made that had a great impact on the activity?   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Data Analyst
London, England

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Intuit in December 2013.

Interview Details Two interviews and base test, face to face on-site via an agency. First stage with potential co-worker and data specialist (included a technical test). Second stage with potential co-worker. Both interviews covered background, relevance to the role and technical knowledge assessed through conversation around how I would approach given scenarios.

Smart people, down to earth and intellectual. Overall, great interviews!

Interview Question – No out of the box questions but don't go in expecting to breeze through - you need to know your stuff and be able to conversate about what you know.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Was given the impression the job was in the bag by the end of the second interview. Agency confirmed and was over the moon and really looking forward to working there. Then..., silence for three days. Chased up and was told by agency that new leadership on board froze budgets and they won't be pursuing any time in near future! Extremely frustrating after spending time to go through the entire process.

Service and Support Representative Interview

Service and Support Representative
Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Intuit in July 2014.

Interview Details I applied online. Almost immediately I received an email to do an online assessment, which took about 45 minutes. The online assessment has 3 parts: behavioral questions, spelling and grammar test, and interactive call center role playing. After that, several emails back and forth to set up a telephone interview a few days later. Telephone interview is about 1/2 hour. My telephone interview was with an HR Intern, so I even wonder if she was a student. A couple of days later I got a rejection email.

Interview Questions

• They used the STAR model to ask behavioral questions. Tell me about a time when you dealt with a difficult customer. They wanted a very specific situation, not in general how would you handle a difficult customer. Tell me about a time you went over and beyond to serve a client.   View Answer
  • Why did you pursue this job opportunity.   Answer Question

Manager I Interview

Manager I
Tucson, AZ (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Intuit in July 2014.

Interview Details Email sent out including interview time.
Panel of 4 interviewers from various business units
One main interviewer to ask questions in STAR format while others asked follow-up questions
Fun, dynamic, engaged interview process. Made me feel at home and at ease to speak freely and passionately about what I do

Interview Question – Most difficult question was "Describe a time you had to be creative dealing with a difficult employee, co-worker, manager or customer."   Answer Question

Rotational Development Program Associate Interview

Rotational Development Program Associate

Interviewed at Intuit

Interview Details 1) Quick introductory phone chat (non-technical)
2) Two ~ 30-minute casual interviews over Skype (both broad level and specific topics discussed)
3) On campus interview consisted of speaking with many different individuals throughout the day, completing a challenge within a certain period of time, presenting the solution, and presenting other work I've done in the past.

Staff Software QA Engineer Interview

Staff Software QA Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Intuit.

Interview Details Got email from a recruiter asking if they could submit my resume to their client. Skills needed matched a bit with what I had but it was more technical. I went ahead with it and the recruiter called me to do an initial phone screen. I passed, and she said I'll have an interview with the client after 2 days. Day of the interview with the client, I was very nervous and prepared all my notes about my past experiences and performance in my job, but I wasn't asked any behavioral or situational questions at all. The whole interview was very technical and lasted less than ten minutes.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Inside Sales Representative
Dallas, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Intuit.

Interview Details Did an online application with three Phone Interviews The next level was an Interview with the Hiring Sales Manager and mid level manager. Each interview lasted approx 1 hour. Went well and was under the impresssion was going to be invited back for a final interview Did hear back for three weeks until after phone calls I have no complaints The process was fair honest professional and open they just wanted to pursue someone else which happens

Interview Question – Sat down at table and Hiring Manager asked right off the back "Do you have any questions of me?' Which prob would have tripped up someone not prepared but i did and from there it went well   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Tucson, AZ (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Intuit in October 2010.

Interview Details Apply on line. You will recive an e-mail acknowledgement of the application. Next would be an appointment for a phone interview. Second interview could be by phone or could be in person. Live call test. Uses the STAR method; Situation or Task, Actions, Results. Expect to give a detailed

Interview Question – Discribe your most difficult call and how you resolved it.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Pretty much a take it or leave it option. The pay is good and the benefits are very good.

Sales Consultant Interview

Sales Consultant
Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Intuit in July 2013.

Interview Details The hiring process was standard. It began with a 30 minute telephone interview with HR. That went well and I was contacted the next day and an on-site interview was scheduled for the following week. The next day, another HR rep contacted me and we had to reschedule the interview for another time on the same date. Prior to the interview, I had to consent to a background check. I thought it was a bit strange that this would be required before I even met with anyone!

At the interview, I first met with the person who would be my manager. He was very nice and we had a pleasant chat. The next person I met with was a gentleman from Texas. Personally, I thought he was strange. He kept telling me how excited he was about things that were happening at Intuit. I believe that if one is trulely excited, they don't have to keep say it - it will show! He had worked for Intuit for many years and it should. He was such a "company guy" and very corporate. After the discussion, he took me to the sales area and asked me to listen in on calls between sales reps and customers. This was supposed to provide me with an opportunity to get a feel for the job. They left me in a cubical with instruction on how to dial into the phone system. After several attempts, I got nothing but silence on all of the lines except the one in french. I don't speak french, so this was not helpful. While I was sitting there, there was another interview candidate who said he was having the same problem. Eventually, then came back to me, I explained the situation and that was it. During this meeting, I was told that I would also meet with two senior managers, however while I was sitting in the cubical, the guy from Texas told me they are delayed and asked me if I would like to wait or leave. I said I would wait. This gave me some time to look around the work area. I realized that the entire sales area is monitored by several CCTV cameras that are placed in the ceiling above the cubicals. I have never seen this before in similar companies in the IT industry. Not even at the really big companies. Why is it necessary to monitor sales staff at all times? After several minutes, he came back to escort me down to the lobby, where I very briefly met with the two executives. The moment I met them, I knew that this would not be going any further. Well, at least they had the courtesy to meet with me. I have been to some companies where you are invited out to meet with the hiring manager who apparently is missing in action during the interview time.

Interview Question – Could you tell me something about yourself that we would not know?   View Answer

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Principal Software Engineer
Bangalore (India)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Intuit.

Interview Details Was referred by a friend and applied online.

The recruiter contacted me around 2-3 months later and scheduled an interview with the Program Manager.

The questions were around my work in previous companies and nature and scale of my responsibilities. I got the impression that my resume was being read for the first time. Links to details and references within my resume that were hosted on the internet were all being opened for the first time. It all looked so surreal and absurd. I expected better preparation from someone asking questions in an interview.

The recruiter did not respond to queries. I got the impression that the recruiting process in Intuit India is bungled up.

Interview Question – None that I remember. Most questions were vague.   Answer Question

Worked for Intuit? Contribute to the Community!