Intuit

Updated 4 Mar 2015

Service and Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England
    Anonymous Employee in London, England

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Intuit in May 2014.

I applied online on their website. In one week I received an email from the recruiter stating that she wanted to have a screen phone interview. The phone interview went very well. She told me about the position, asked a few questions about my experience and we set up a face to face interview for the next week. I got an email confirmation with the details of the interview. The following week I had the face to face interview. It lasted about one hour, half of it was with the manager, the other half with a head of a team. Very nice, professional people. A lot of behavioural questions relating to customer service and my experience within the field. Said I would be contacted by the recruiter. Aside from a phone call from the background check company about a week and half later I never heard from them. I tried following up with the recruiter once but didn't get a response.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me of a small observation you made that had a great impact on the activity?   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intuit in December 2013.

Two interviews and base test, face to face on-site via an agency. First stage with potential co-worker and data specialist (included a technical test). Second stage with potential co-worker. Both interviews covered background, relevance to the role and technical knowledge assessed through conversation around how I would approach given scenarios.

Smart people, down to earth and intellectual. Overall, great interviews!

Interview Questions
    • No out of the box questions but don't go in expecting to breeze through - you need to know your stuff and be able to conversate about what you know.   Answer Question
    Was given the impression the job was in the bag by the end of the second interview. Agency confirmed and was over the moon and really looking forward to working there. Then..., silence for three days. Chased up and was told by agency that new leadership on board froze budgets and they won't be pursuing any time in near future! Extremely frustrating after spending time to go through the entire process.

Group Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Intuit in June 2012.

Lengthy process, 9 interviews, 3 face to face, remainder over phone / skype, flexible approach (late and early), repetitive questions, friendly approach, important to understand positioning and strategy, focus on people skills and team work, how to act in difficult situations

Interview Questions
    There is always room for more money

Project Manager Interview

interviewed at Intuit in April 2011.

Multiple stages pre face to face. These included in house recruiter, phone screening, phone interview and practical test. Lastly face to face interview with hiring manager on site.
    Had stopped and started quite a few times.

Intern Interview

Gave one day notice about interview, but they were accommodating with times. They made it seem like it would be laptop coding but it was all on the whiteboard. They told me results within a week of the interview with constructive feedback.

Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Intuit.

Initially 30-40 minutes of phone screening and then onsite interview. I did not pass the phone interview, the interview took about 15 minutes because I felt that he was not fulfilled with my answers. The interviewer did not ask me questions like tell me a bit about your background or why would you want to work for intuit.. It seemed strictly business like and the interviewer just listened to my answers without any comment making it difficult to comprehend whether I got them right or wrong.

Interview Questions
    • What kind of difficulties have you observed when performing cross browser testing?   View Answer
    • What's the difference between interface and abstract class?   View Answer
    • Have you ever faced a situation where you foresaw a possible bug which a developer will introduce and warn him/her beforehand, if yes, please explain..   View Answer
    • Have you identified certain risks while testing?   View Answer

Executive Assistant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Intuit.

I will say that the face to face interviews were great. All five people that I interviewed with had clearly looked over my resume and prepared well.

The recruiter, however was terrible. Her follow up was horrible. It would take me following up via email with her again and again in order for her to respond to my initial questions. She made me feel from the start that I was wasting her time. She was cordial enough - except when she told me that she would not keep me in mind for any other positions that come up that I might be well-suited for. She told me she could say she intended to, but she wouldn't.

My experience with the recruiter left a very bad taste.

Software Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Intuit.

Met at a career fair on my campus and was immediately told I would receive a follow up on campus interview. During the interview I was mostly asked coding questions about data structures such as trees and heaps and string parsing, which had to be performed on a white board.

Interview Questions
    • Write a function to implement parseInt functionality from Integer class in java; i.e. a function that takes a string as input and converts it into an integer

Questions on BST insertion

Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Intuit.

“Phone Interview and Interview at Plano TX location. Interview over the phone was good. recruiters were knowledgeable. Interview at Plano location with two directors who recently joined Intuit. The first director asked Management consulting type question like profit estimation. The other director was more into the product management and discussed in depth my experience. Got a feeling that they were not sure if it was Product Manger interview or consultant or were they looking for a Product Manager with IT skills etc. My opinion is that they were confused and I was not very impressed with their directors.

Interview Questions
    • General or Management consulting type. Depending on what their previous experience is   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Intuit.

It was a phone interview. Basically, they just went over my resume and talked about my experiences in multiple aspects. They went for details, even technique methodology details. It sounded positive all the way. The interviewer was nice but somehow the way he is talking made his voice not very clear during the phone.