J. C. Penney Customer Service Associate Interview Questions

Updated 14 Apr 2015

1.8

Reset

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at J. C. Penney (Columbus, OH (US)).

Interview

very quick ,not many questions, interview seemed rushed and not very engaging. interviewer was manager, seemed like he was going through the motions and not listening. perhaps could be because the job was short-term, but turned into long term employment

Interview Questions

Negotiation

nothing

Other Interview Reviews for J. C. Penney

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at J. C. Penney.

Interview

Applied about 10 times a day to finally get a call for an interview in October 2014. The person who scheduled the interview was in such a rush to get off the phone I couldn't ask proper questions. She never told me exactly WHERE the interview was being held. On the day of the interview I went into the store to be told their Human Resource office was on the side of the building and also that their were no managers in the store what so ever. The side of the mall building is painted to look like the rest of the wall who on earth would know that? By this time I'm already late and wanted to be professional and reschedule rather than be late. I called the office from the time I left the property until about 5 pm that evening. There was no one in the office all day. When I finally reached through to someone she was extremely rude and howled at me like she was my mother. I politely asked to reschedule and she lied and said she didn't know when there was another session. That did it for me and the company. Worst experience with this place ever

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at J. C. Penney.

Interview

The process was relatively easy. I applied online through their site. Nothing out of the ordinary with what you would have to fill out for a normal retail job. It focused mostly on how to treat the customer. I had one interview with the store manager. They were very helpful throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• What do you consider the most important part of customer service?   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at J. C. Penney.

Interview

I saw the "hiring" sign outside the store. I walked in, applied on a kiosk, was interviewed, and hired within one hour. I was scheduled to work the next day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations. Minimum wage, period.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Sacramento, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at J. C. Penney (North Sacramento, CA (US)) in November 2014.

Interview

group interview, basic, just have to be outspoken. don't shy away from an opportunity to speak you want to stand out from the group set yourself apart you want to make sure that they know that you are an outgoing person and very approachable this is extremely important because you will have to interact with the customers.

Interview Questions

• describe a situation when you provided excellent customer service?   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Okemos, MI (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at J. C. Penney (Okemos, MI (US)) in November 2014.

Interview

Manager found my resume on indeed called me and asked me to put in a app,10 minutes later she called me to come in to do a interview. I went in 2 days later (Today) & walked around the store talked about the position what I will be doing and pay rate and then she told me I am offering this position start training on Monday :)

Customer Service Associate Interview

Interview

Internet application and interview. Long series of questions about your personality, what would you do if type questions, profiling to see if your a match for the job, honest, or have half a brain. Probably used by many employers these days.

Interview Questions

• None were difficult. Just a bunch of questions to see if you were a match to jobs being offered.   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J. C. Penney in October 2014.

Interview

It was pretty much like every other person reviewing JCPenney, it was an unexpected group interview where we had to do a block stacking activity, which ultimately crashed down. After the interview was over we were all told we'd get called in an hour to tell us if we had gotten the job or not, and that held true because I was called with the job offer! Which I accepted.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions, why we want to work there, a time we worked successfully in a group, ect.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Smile lots!

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owings, MD (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at J. C. Penney (Owings, MD (US)).

Interview

I filled out a application online, they called me about a month later for a interview. When I arrived there were other people waiting to be interviewed as well. The assistant store manager was the one who interviewed me. She asked me to tell me about myself which I did. She gave me a brief summary of the company and what's expected of me if I were to be hired.

She did my salary based on my experience and she said I would start on Sept 11 pending my background check. My background check came back ok days later. I started on Sept 11.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at J. C. Penney.

Interview

Applied online through the JCP career website which involves filling out personal information, work experience, and taking one of those compatibility tests. Received a phone call about a week later from one of the store's managers. Spoke a bit on the phone about my availability and to set up and in-person interview. The interview was really easy and fast. A lot of the interview consisted of the manager telling me about the position and their expectations for an ideal candidate. Had a one on one interview with the manager of my department and then another one on one with the store manager. All followed by a tour of the store and filling out paperwork.

Interview Questions

• None, really. The questions were all very basic and general (i.e. easy).   Answer Question

Negotiation

They have set pay scales based on your amount of work experience, etc. I started out at minimum wage, since the position was my first job.