J. Crew

198 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Part Time Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J. Crew.

Interview Details I saw a posting outside of a new J. Crew store to open in my city and sent in a resume to the email address. I was contacted back within a few days to schedule an interview. I went in for an interview that was mostly fit--asked me about who I was, what my interests were, why J. Crew, what my favorite style was, what was my personal style, my greatest strengths and weaknesses, all pretty straightforward and what you would expect from a reasonable fit interview. My employer called me back within a few days to give me the offer but said that the background check needed to formally go through before he could extend the official offer. The background check came back clean, I was extended the offer, and went to training and work fairly shortly afterwards.

Interview Question – How would you describe your own fashion style?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Selector Interview

Selector

I applied online and interviewed at J. Crew.

Interview Details The process was very easy and very short. I was only brought in once for a single interview and was practically given the position on the spot. They reviewed the job functions and salary and asked me if I was okay with everything that they had outlines

Hackensack, NJ (US)

I interviewed at J. Crew in May 2013.

Interview Details Pros – The discount is great! 50% off all sale items that end in .99
Depending on what store you are at the hours may not be that bad
The managment was relaxed but strict when they needed to be

Cons – You need to have pateinces to deal with the clients that come into the store
Many will mess up a pile of freshly folded clothes that you have to go back and continue to fix

Interview Question – compare jcrew to other retailers.   Answer Question

Cashier/Sales Support Interview

Cashier/Sales Support
Garden City, NY (US)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at J. Crew in May 2012.

Interview Details There was just one interview, and you pretty much found out on the spot if you got it (if you don't find out immediately you probably didn't get it). You speak with the hiring manager (there were 4 different managers and 1 key holder, which is like an assistant manager in that he/she has the store key and occasionally opens/closes the store) for 10-20 minutes and you get the standard interview questions (more on the questions below).

Interview Question – Everything was straightforward, no trick questions. Tell me about yourself, what are your hobbies, do you like working with people, do you see yourself as a cashier or a sales person, etc.   Answer Question

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Part Time Sales Associate
Northbrook, IL (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at J. Crew in November 2011.

Interview Details Filled Out Application which was followed by a brief interview with store managers. She was interested in my availability and if I could continue after the Holidays. I had not had retail experience but know the merchandise well and dressed in J Crew for my meeting with the manager

Interview Question – All very straight forward, I was hired as seasonal and then kept on after   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – hourly salary is set

College Grad Program Interview

College Grad Program
New York, NY (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at J. Crew in March 2014.

Interview Details Met with 11 people total including the president of the entire company, they called me back in a second day. After continuously contacting I was informed the position was filled.

Interview Question – Really interested in who you think their competitors are, and how you view the product line (gaps, standouts, improvements)   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at J. Crew in June 2014.

Interview Details First thing, you have to go into the store and ask for an application. The Store Manager will give a quick interview you on the spot, but their question will most likely be " Why do you want to work at Jcrew?

About a week later, I received a call about coming in for an interview, and while I got that information, the manager interviewed me over the phone. I came into the store two days later and interviewed again with the store manager and the HR rep. a few days later, I got the call about them extending the job offer.

Interview Question – Most questions are customer service based, so you have to answer anything related to " going above and beyond for the customers"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No-negotiation

Cashier Interview

Cashier

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at J. Crew.

Interview Details it was a group orientation initially. Went well, but waited about a month, called and was told i wasn't the ideal candidate. I finally got in when i submitted an application at job fair at my school. Went for another group interview and got the job soon after. I guess I was a little more comfortable this time around because I knew what to expect.

Interview Question – How would you handle a shoplifter?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager
Fort Worth, TX (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at J. Crew in August 2010.

Interview Details Standard retail management questions. Lots go question that were sales based, development based. How do you grow your business, compete with other in the mArket place. What makes this company better than its competition etc...

Interview Question – Commission based management questions   Answer Question

New York, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at J. Crew in May 2014.

Interview Details It was a group interview, about 5 people. The store manager was very nice. No difficult question. But I'm not a native speaker. I think that's why I didn't get the job.

Interview Question – If you saw someone steal   Answer Question

Worked for J. Crew? Contribute to the Community!