J. Crew Interview Questions

Updated 23 Sep 2014
Updated 23 Sep 2014

2.3

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I dropped off my application at the store and they contacted me soon after for an interview. We had a short interview with normal interview questions and it was a very easy process.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work in retail, and more specifically, why J. Crew?   Answer Question

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J. Crew.

I saw a posting outside of a new J. Crew store to open in my city and sent in a resume to the email address. I was contacted back within a few days to schedule an interview. I went in for an interview that was mostly fit--asked me about who I was, what my interests were, why J. Crew, what my favorite style was, what was my personal style, my greatest strengths and weaknesses, all pretty straightforward and what you would expect from a reasonable fit interview. My employer called me back within a few days to give me the offer but said that the background check needed to formally go through before he could extend the official offer. The background check came back clean, I was extended the offer, and went to training and work fairly shortly afterwards.

Selector Interview

I applied online - interviewed at J. Crew.

The process was very easy and very short. I was only brought in once for a single interview and was practically given the position on the spot. They reviewed the job functions and salary and asked me if I was okay with everything that they had outlines

Sales Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J. Crew in July 2014.

Application is submitted in-store only. At submission of application a manger will ask basic questions such as availability, why J Crew, and work experience. Following, a manager will reach out for an interview. My interview for a small store was pretty quick and one-on-one, with the HR manager asking many questions such as why J Crew, basic selling strategy, etc. Nothing out of left field. Then the store manager also does an interview. Few personal questions are asked, but the managers are very attentive to responses.

Interview Questions
    I was able to request a schedule I liked and negotiated a possible raise in the future based on performance.

Part-Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Merrimack, NH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merrimack, NH (US)

I applied through other source - interviewed at J. Crew in July 2014.

Pretty straight forward process. I walk in to the store, meet the store director and she reviewed my resume. Then the director schedule the interview date the following week.

Interview Questions
    • questions pretty general: related to previous job experiences, how you handle upset customers?   Answer Question

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at J. Crew in July 2014.

I applied this position on their hiring system, and it took me a while to finish all the process. Next day, I got a call to have my first interview, and during the interview, I filled up the application form and asked many questions about my previous working experiences, what did I learn, and why I left...etc., and the most related questions are about why choose J.Crew. After a few days, they called me to set up the second interview with another supervisor, he asked me my personal style, what are my favorite shops, and what do you think of J.Crew...etc. The result came out for a long time, it took about 2 weeks to process and check background.

Interview Questions
    • If your friends don't know J.Crew, how would you introduce the brand to them? What is different between J.Crew and other competitors?   Answer Question
    Working schedule

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at J. Crew.

it was a group orientation initially. Went well, but waited about a month, called and was told i wasn't the ideal candidate. I finally got in when i submitted an application at job fair at my school. Went for another group interview and got the job soon after. I guess I was a little more comfortable this time around because I knew what to expect.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pittsburgh, PA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J. Crew in June 2014.

I applied through the store and filled out the paper application. After a week I received a call to have an interview in the store. The interview was with one of the store managers and it was very casual and informal. Some of the questions that were asked were: how would describe Jcrews style? what stores do you buy your clothes at? who would you say Jcrews competitors are? where do you get your fashion inspiration from?

Interview Questions
    • The questions were very straight forward and easy to answer.   Answer Question

My work load for school became to heavy.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J. Crew in June 2014.

I applied to J.Crew by calling the stores directly at first. I was then told that i would have to come in and apply by getting paperwork in-store. Took me a good 30 minutes to complete the application. I was given a call about 2 weeks later to set up a interview. The interview was group based. Questions were very general pertaining to the work environment and how one would react in a situation.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at J. Crew in June 2014.

First thing, you have to go into the store and ask for an application. The Store Manager will give a quick interview you on the spot, but their question will most likely be " Why do you want to work at Jcrew?

About a week later, I received a call about coming in for an interview, and while I got that information, the manager interviewed me over the phone. I came into the store two days later and interviewed again with the store manager and the HR rep. a few days later, I got the call about them extending the job offer.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions are customer service based, so you have to answer anything related to " going above and beyond for the customers"   Answer Question
    No-negotiation

Worked for J. Crew? Contribute to the Community!