J.P. Morgan

Getting the Interview

53 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

London, England

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2009.

Interview Details I was sent an email to set up a phone interview. It was conducted by a person from HR.
The interview mainly consisted of questions about my resume: past internships, year abroad etc., the the usual questions 1) Why JP Morgan? 2) Why this division? 3) How does JP differentiate from its competitors? There were also a few questions regarding the current market situation (only commodities in my case).

Interview Questions

Very Difficult Interview

City of London, England

The process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2011.

Interview Details met with the Head of the Desk, ED and VP and VP of another desk
4h interview
why sales, why you
a lot of technical questions, went really in details, obviously if you choke on one question they will try to eff you up even more.

even though i didn't get the job, it helped a lot experience wise, i realised what i needed to work on and how they would actually conduct an interview of the kind.

Interview Question – decompose and explain each component of the B/S model   Answer Question

London, England

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2011.

Interview Details just went through CV, motivation, career plan, followed by puzzles.

The interviewers were very nice, though I was not well prepared.

Interview Question – puzzle
9 balls, identical in appearance. 8 are of same weight. 1 is heavier. Identify this heavier ball by using a scale twice.
  View Answers (5)

London, England

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2010.

Interview Details where do you see yourself in 5 years, what do you know about JPMorgan, why do you want this position?
Tell me about a time when you had a leadership conflict. a few technical questions on fixed income, the markets and the history of the company. Spoke with HR and the hiring manager on the phone

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself i?n 5 years   Answer Question

Interviewed at J.P. Morgan

Interview Details Interviewed in the Morning, got an offer that same day offer letter came 2 days later started 2 weeks later. pretty straight forward

Interviewed at J.P. Morgan

Interview Details Had three rounds with Senior Managers and asked me what I wanted to do and why I would like to join the company

Interview Details Easy there was no questions

Interview Question – Easy all questions are easy   Answer Question

Interviewed at J.P. Morgan

Interview Details I applied to a rotational program for recent college graduates. I received an initial call from HR and scheduled a phone interview. The phone interview covered basic interview questions such as examples of being a team player, excel use, etc. Following the phone interview, I was brought to an inhouse interview where I met with a few managers and completed a team exercise.

Interview Question – Most questions were expected.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details Great interview, friendly manager and easy going.

Interview Question – Why did you choose this company?   Answer Question

New York, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details The interview dealt with business processes and critical thinking. I entered the company via an entry level analyst program. The interviewers were great and highly professional and discussed the various opportunities available with the company.

Interview Question – What is your greatest weakness   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at J.P. Morgan

Worked for J.P. Morgan? Contribute to the Community!

J.P. Morgan Videos

J.P. Morgan – Why Work for Us?

J.P. Morgan has been doing first-class business in a first-class way for more than 200 years. We have been a leading player in helping companies grow and markets develop throughout our history. We work in collaboration… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at J.P. Morgan Analyst interview questions and advice. All 53 interview reviews posted anonymously by J.P. Morgan employees and interview candidates.