J.P. Morgan Analyst Interview Questions

Updated 14 Oct 2014

3.2

62 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2014.

3 interviews, 1 with hiring manager, 6 with their colleagues including MDs, PMs, VPs, Head of Research. Most questions were nice chats about investment style, strategy, holding period in current job, approaches, how stock selection is done and on what criteria. Interviews too approximately 5 hours. The last round was a presentation which I didn't get to do reason being my weak analytical skills (which was rather a misunderstanding I think as I believe for most part they are fine and performance is there to prove it) and investment style (always thought the style is taken over as you join the firm but I think they are looking for a very specific person there).

Interview Questions
  • Describe why you would set a specific cost of equity for a bank in specific region when using GGM / have absolutely full understanding of valuation process theory.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in September 2013.

Process included a phone interview, online tests, essays, and 4 group/ panel interviews. A lot of focus on fit (less technical than the norm I would imagine, as I had nearly 2 years of prior IBD experience), but still some technical/ business sense questions, and mathematical/ logic brainteasers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2011.

just went through CV, motivation, career plan, followed by puzzles.

The interviewers were very nice, though I was not well prepared.

Interview Questions
    • puzzle
      9 balls, identical in appearance. 8 are of same weight. 1 is heavier. Identify this heavier ball by using a scale twice.
        View Answers (5)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of London, England

The process took a dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2011.

met with the Head of the Desk, ED and VP and VP of another desk
    4h interview
    why sales, why you
    a lot of technical questions, went really in details, obviously if you choke on one question they will try to eff you up even more.

even though i didn't get the job, it helped a lot experience wise, i realised what i needed to work on and how they would actually conduct an interview of the kind.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2010.

where do you see yourself in 5 years, what do you know about JPMorgan, why do you want this position?
    Tell me about a time when you had a leadership conflict. a few technical questions on fixed income, the markets and the history of the company. Spoke with HR and the hiring manager on the phone

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2009.

I was sent an email to set up a phone interview. It was conducted by a person from HR.
    The interview mainly consisted of questions about my resume: past internships, year abroad etc., the the usual questions 1) Why JP Morgan? 2) Why this division? 3) How does JP differentiate from its competitors? There were also a few questions regarding the current market situation (only commodities in my case).

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

applied through school recruiting site, received interview invitation couple days after submitting resume, I had enough time to prepare for interview. I felt the recruiting process goes really fast (resume-interview invitation-interview)

Interview Questions
    • interviewer asked me something very technical in regards to internal control   View Answer

Analyst Interview

Interviewers were very unorganized, at first I was told I was being interviewed for their Financial Analyst Program. However, once I got to the interview I was told I was now being interviewed for another program. The interviewers were fairly nice, gave an overview of the program followed by a 30 minutes interview of mainly Behavioral questions.

Analyst Interview

Code for Good Hackathon 2014 Mumbai. It was through college campus selection the process included resume screening, aptitude test, technical interview and HR interview. The hackathon consisted of coding for an NGO within 24 hours. So the contestants had to stay awake the entire night. After the coding was done we had to present the ideas to the NGO after which again shortlisting was done for the final presentations

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Initial communication from the recruiter was quick and good. My 2 interviews were scheduled back-to-back on the same day and no additional interviews. My group does not foster a good environment professionally or personally. My office floor is very basic, no perks. Work culture within my group is terrible, but it might not be the same everywhere else.

Interview Questions
    I was not able to negotiate.