J.P. Morgan Analyst Interview Questions

Updated 8 Mar 2015
Updated 8 Mar 2015

3.2

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

2 rounds, telephone then face to face in the JP Morgan london office. Took 2 weeks for the phone interview then 2 weeks to hear back. I went for a face to face interview 2 weeks after that.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (London, England) in May 2014.

Interview

3 interviews, 1 with hiring manager, 6 with their colleagues including MDs, PMs, VPs, Head of Research. Most questions were nice chats about investment style, strategy, holding period in current job, approaches, how stock selection is done and on what criteria. Interviews too approximately 5 hours. The last round was a presentation which I didn't get to do reason being my weak analytical skills (which was rather a misunderstanding I think as I believe for most part they are fine and performance is there to prove it) and investment style (always thought the style is taken over as you join the firm but I think they are looking for a very specific person there).

Interview Questions

• Describe why you would set a specific cost of equity for a bank in specific region when using GGM / have absolutely full understanding of valuation process theory.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (London, England) in September 2013.

Interview

Process included a phone interview, online tests, essays, and 4 group/ panel interviews. A lot of focus on fit (less technical than the norm I would imagine, as I had nearly 2 years of prior IBD experience), but still some technical/ business sense questions, and mathematical/ logic brainteasers

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (London, England) in March 2011.

Interview

just went through CV, motivation, career plan, followed by puzzles.

The interviewers were very nice, though I was not well prepared.

Interview Questions

• puzzle
      9 balls, identical in appearance. 8 are of same weight. 1 is heavier. Identify this heavier ball by using a scale twice.

5 Answers

Analyst Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (City of London, England) in March 2011.

Interview

met with the Head of the Desk, ED and VP and VP of another desk
    4h interview
    why sales, why you
    a lot of technical questions, went really in details, obviously if you choke on one question they will try to eff you up even more.

even though i didn't get the job, it helped a lot experience wise, i realised what i needed to work on and how they would actually conduct an interview of the kind.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (London, England) in February 2010.

Interview

where do you see yourself in 5 years, what do you know about JPMorgan, why do you want this position?
    Tell me about a time when you had a leadership conflict. a few technical questions on fixed income, the markets and the history of the company. Spoke with HR and the hiring manager on the phone

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (London, England) in November 2009.

Interview

I was sent an email to set up a phone interview. It was conducted by a person from HR.
    The interview mainly consisted of questions about my resume: past internships, year abroad etc., the the usual questions 1) Why JP Morgan? 2) Why this division? 3) How does JP differentiate from its competitors? There were also a few questions regarding the current market situation (only commodities in my case).

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Lengthy process meeting around ten people in the team, from other analysts to MD. Each interview was different, with some being more technical than others. Overall, it had a good mix of technical (corporate finance, capital markets, and math/statistics/brain teasers, etc.) as well as behavioral questions. Overall process was pretty smooth.

Interview Questions

• From basic "Tell me about yourself" to brain teasers/capital markets related questions   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

First was the 1 hour presentation about the company. Then the started off with the interview process. First round was the aptitude round, followed by technical and lastly HR round. aptitude round was quite easy. But i have no idea for the rejection. They were very calm and composed. Finally only 7 candidates were selected for the job.

Interview Questions

• basically finance related questions.I heard even the accountancy specialization students were being asked finance based questions. so better get prepared for it.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Arrive around 1:30 pm. start at 2:00 pm. There are three interviewees. We are lead to different rooms. Four people came and they takes turns to ask questions. It took about three hours. Finished around 5:00 pm.