J.P. Morgan

2.8

Application Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England
Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in August 2010.

The time you have to spend in JP Morgan is less but the process and background check take long time.

There was no negotiation

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Employee in London, England
    Anonymous Employee in London, England

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2009.

contacted by HR via email. arranged first round 1:1 interview. got a written test for an hour. Regular stuff, multiple choice, simple stuff. 1/3 of core java, 2 questions on swing application. (write a hello world application,easy and the other one was about reviewing a trading application ). 1/3 on database, select, joint, etc, basic stuff.

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2015.

There were two 30 minute interviews, the first one just trying to get to know me, the 2nd one some behavioral and technical questions. They want you to be yourself in the interview, that is what the interviewer told me when I asked what his biggest piece of advice was.

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2014.

Applied for a summer internship as a junior year student. Applied online and was immediately required to complete two sets of basic online tests (Simple information processing/math on some charts, and cognitive test that you are required to find the next image based on a sequence of images) to complete the application.

Got an email within a week for a phone screening. The phone screening was completely non-technical, including questions such as Why JP Morgan and things about my past experience.

After another week I was asked to complete a online Java 6 tests (standard for financial industry I believe) that includes things from basic Java knowledge to Swing and other package specific questions. At the same time I was invited to Assessment Center.

Assessment Center includes one group discussion + presentation and two interviews. You are given a few emails, articles and other information about a project, and the group is supposed to prepare for 40 minutes, and give a 15 minute presentation + 20 minute Q&A with the assessors.

One interview was with senior engineer and one was with a manager. Again, no technical questions were involved. Things asked included my past projects, and other behavioral questions such as "when did you get into a problem that you could have avoided".

Got back to me in 2 days for an offer, but with only a week to consider.

Interview Questions

Only a week to consider the offer, too early as I was still waiting for other companies.

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2014.

I met them at my school career fair. I got an interview two weeks after. There were two hiring managers that were going to interview me consecutively. They said they would get back in a week or two time

Interview Questions
    • What is the difference between a pass by Variable and Pass by reference   Answer Question

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IN (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IN (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in September 2014.

I chatted with them at a career fair and got a next day interview. During that interview, I spoke with two people. The first was a more technically-oriented interview. The guy asked me about past development experience and a few questions about object-oriented programming. The second one was more of an HR type of thing.

Interview Questions
    • "What is a static variable?" Should be simple for you studious ones, but I actually couldn't remember precisely what the definition was because I hadn't written any code involving static variables.

"Why shouldn't I hire you?" Now here's a head-scratcher, haha. I said, "Because I'm brand new and have very little experience." Fair enough.

Answer Question

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Was asked to apply through a friend. Had an hour long phone interview with technical lead. They asked me to write a sample fully functional application using Ruby on Rails. A little background on me I have coded in Ruby for less than a year and have never coded in Rails. I successfully completed the assignment in a couple of days. The team reviewed my code and brought me in for a face to face group setting interview with over 10 people. Each person then asked technical and personal details related to the application they were working on. During the interview several people cursed and one playfully threw a notebook at another team member (not me). After the interview the team lead pressured me very hard to give him my current salary which I did not do. The entire process never spoke to an HR person or the hiring manager. In the end they said my skills in Ruby were not up to par.

Interview Questions
    • What is the difference between dependency injection and inversion control?   Answer Question

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2014.

Referred by a friend, received phone interview two days letter, and then interviewed at JP Morgan for 3 and half hours with 4 people one week later. At first, I thought the interview to be a OO focused one, so I prepared a lot for OO design question since the team used SmallTalk as the programming tool. It turned out the question is more focused on what I have learnt in maths and finance, not too much OO.

Interview Questions
    • Met 4 different levels and groups of people. Each person focused on different aspects. Derive BS PDE, some probability questions, design parking lot and their daily management process (I don't quite understand what he really wanted, so I was struggled with this question), some financial derivative questions like yield curve and pricing bond.   Answer Question

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2014.

HR sets up an Interview with the Manager, after that I had three technical Interviews on Phone. Once all interviews are cleared final processing of recruitment done by Business before finalizing on the offer

Applications Developer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

3 phone interview and 1 face-to-face interview

Interview Questions
    • a brain teaser question: you have two balls and one 100-story building. What is minimum tries to figure out which floor will break the ball if a ball is dropped from that floor.   View Answers (2)

package being offered is below the target