J.P. Morgan

Average Difficulty
42 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Business Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2012.

Interview Details In this interview process, I started with a phone screen. After the first phone screen I was interviewed by someone else for another phone screen. The third interview I had to physically go to the JP Morgan office and interview. I was interviewed by 4 people in the same day. The interview was very interactive, I had to be sharp with the SDLC process, I had to understand functional requirements, and know flowcharts. After that I waited about 2 weeks before I heard from them.

Interview Question – How do you handle Stress?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The negotiation phase is simple they pair you up with a recruiter who asks you formal questions about how you found the position and why you were interested, they also send the benefits packet out. They talk salary with you, after you have come to an agreement with a salary (which is not very negotiable) they send you the offer letter this is electronic as well. Once you accept you have to pass a background check, fingerprinting -- a drug test -- They check your I9, when its all done they ask what day you would like to start.

Once you are done, you are officially a JP Morgan Chase Employee.

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details Was referred by a current employee, two rounds of interviews, one with the manager and the other with director. Standard behavioral interview

Interview Question – No difficult questions, was more or less a conversation with both interviewers.   Answer Question

Tampa, FL (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2010.

Interview Details The interview was directly with the hiring manager, HR contact was only to set-up interview. Excellent company to go right after graduation because they have a good support process for advancement. Manager mostly asked questions about my favorite classes and classes where I ecelled at and asked me for any difficulties as well.

Interview Question – Manager asked very detailed questions about SDLC   Answer Question

Wilmington, DE (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2013.

Interview Details Hiring happens usually through a placement agency. Shortlisted candidates are interviewed over the phone. Usually there are four phone interviews prior to hiring, followed by a day or two of in person interviews. Phone interviews are screening processes to eliminate the bad apples. First interview is usually by a junior analyst followed by senior BA and then a VP.

Interview Question – Site a mistake you made in your previous job and how you did you overcome it.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was made by the middle man who was the placement agency.

New York, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2012.

Interview Details Phone screening with HR. Phone interview with a VP then an ED. Brought in for in person interview with the same VP and ED plus another VP that works closely with the team. Whole process took over 3 months to receive an offer.

Interview Question – They asked for variables I would need in order to forecast staffing needs for operation capacity.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Accepted another offer.

Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details Had to interview with 6 people before reaching the point of being offered a position. The process was long and exceptionally draining having it include 4 interview sessions ranging from 30 minutes (one) to 5 hours with a tremendous amount of redundancy in the questions and answers. I was interviewing in parallel with 3 other companies, my life was interviewing 12 hours 3 days in a row. Hiring process was ridiculously slow. From offer to start was over a month because even though I was "rushed through" they didn't get my drug screen results and took 10 days to contact me to even verify I had taken them, which I did the first day I could.

Interview Question – Who are the other companies you are interviewing and how much money are they offering you?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Simple, but inappropriate. I was made an offer based on knowing what the competition was offering, not what my value is.

Columbus, OH (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2013.

Interview Details women in tech event submitted resume

Interview Question – what was a challenge you faced   Answer Question

Newark, DE (US)

I applied online - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2013.

Interview Details It was a 4 step interview process. The first step was just a general round of Q&A about myself and my previous experience. The second and third rounds were the fun part where I had to explain about my previous roles and case scenarios which I would have to face in future as a part of my role for JPMC. the Final step was the HR round where I was offered the position.

Interview Question – I was able to answer all the questions with aplomb   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I had to decline a wonderful offer because of personal reasons

Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2013.

Interview Details Applied through campus and process took 3+ weeks in total with 3 rounds.

Interview Question – Current Events question- Why did the 2008 crisis happened?   Answer Question

Columbus, OH (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2012.

Interview Details Applied on JPMC career website. 2 Interviews

Interview Question – Describe most difficult experience in previous position?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I gave them my salary expectations based on payscale.com and they more than matched what I was asking for.

Worked for J.P. Morgan? Contribute to the Community!