J.P. Morgan

Very Easy Interview

Business Banker Interview

Business Banker
Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through another source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2011.

Interview Details I was an internal hire coming from a personal banker position. It was more about the why I wanted to become a BB, goals, and how much did it know about standard small businesses. Great to be familiar with what is a sole prop, partnership, LLC, corp. Requirements per state, any ins and outs on how to go about setting your business in a formal way.

Interview Question – None, as internal was more of a conversation than an interview   View Answer

Negotiation Details – there was room for negotiation, I think being hard and confident can bring results. I think the range salary wise was up to 50,000. They also dont want you to make ur check out the salary as most of it comes from sales and commission. Bring it up with the hiring manager as the manager makes the decision and informs HR

Business Banker Interview

Business Banker
Nassau, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in July 2010.

Interview Details Applied for the position online and received a call from recrruiter a few weeks later. First interview consisted of one on one with Area Manager where I was asked about why I wanted to work with Chase, my past experience and the general outline of their retail business banking model. Then was asked to do a role play which lasted around 10 minutes and interviewer gave feedback. Was called back a few days later for another interview with Regional Manager where generalities of position and past experience were discussed, Called back again to visit a branch where I was asked to engage customers in lobby which was quite awkward considering I don't even work for company. Called back again for phone interview with another higher up discussing sales behaviors and past experience. Then another phone interview with another manager. Then last interview was group interview with two other managers, presumably the managers who I would be working with. Was told since I was external that process was more thorough.

Interview Question – Asked to role play a sales conversation during initial interview.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Did not feel comfortable with company culture which was very pushy and all about numbers. Visiting a Chase branch you feel like you are in a used car dealership and you are asked to grab customers off the line and lobby and sit them down at your desk and product push credit cards and accounts people don't necessarily want.

Worked for J.P. Morgan? Contribute to the Community!