J.P. Morgan Corporate Analyst Development Program Interview Questions

Updated 25 Feb 2015
Updated 25 Feb 2015

2.8

Corporate Analyst Development Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2015.

Interview

Numerical test, Reasoning test, Selection Process (Group activity + interview), Assessment Center (Group Activity + Interview)
Starts with an online application followed by an online numerical reasoning test. Can't remember if it was one or two separate test but if I am not mistaken, it is 2 tests. I got a reply 2 months later for the Selection Process. It was basically a game where different people have different information. You are tested on teamworking and communication skills to piece the information. This was followed by a group interview. Got a reply within a week saying I passed this stage. Assessment center was pretty much the same format except the interview after the group exercise was 1 to 1.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation done. You should come prepared for the interview. Do your research on the company and for the specific role that you are applying for. Show enthusiasm and be articulate. Be prepared for generic interview competency questions and have personal answers. Be yourself. Show why you have what it takes for the role.

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Corporate Development Analyst Program Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

1: Resume Screening / 2: Online Assessment Test / 3: Group Interview (Group Puzzle and General Interview) / 4: Final Interview (Genetral Interview about the position you applied)

Interview Questions

• Especially, In the Group interview section, it was a not a just general interview. Applicants are set up as a one group randomly and enter the interview room. There were 3~4 interviewers in there and puzzle game. Our team had to complete that puzzle using several evidences on the desk and discuss together. In this process, interviewrs assess us who is the leader and who is most brillant to act this puzzle etc...After puzzle section, our team were moved to another room and there were 3 interviewers.
      Then, we were asked several easy questions about jot position which we were applied.

1 Answer

Corporate Analyst Development Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

I attended a half day event where there was speakers and a panel set up to help the candidates better understand the position and company. There were two 30 minute interviews back to back that were behavioral/situational. They asked: tell me about yourself, tell me about this on your resume, the share price, current events, work ethic, etc.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about J.P. Morgan? What are our businesses?
      What is your work ethic like?

Answer Question

Corporate Analyst Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

I interviewed through my school. It took several weeks from the resume drop deadline to the interview. I did two back to back 30 minute interviews, and I heard back within a week.

The interviews were largely behavioral. One thing that was interesting is that JP Morgan brought an current analyst to chat with the interviewees in between the two interviews.

Interview Questions

• What are some products that our firm offers?   1 Answer

Corporate Analyst Development Program Interview

Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.
    Took approximately 6 weeks. First online test like typical SHL type, not hard. First round interview was a group exercise and a panel interview. A week later invited to assessment day. A typical group exercise followed by a presentation.

Corporate Analyst Development Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Beijing, Beijing (China)).

Corporate Analyst Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Columbus, OH (US)) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied through my school and received an email approximately two weeks later requesting a phone interview. I filled out my available times and was contact via the number I provided at the specified times.

I was given two back to back phone interviews, each 30 minutes long. Both of them were behavioral and very relaxed. One from NYC and one from Columbus, Ohio. I was able to ask a large variety of questions I had as well as answer theirs.

About a week later I received a phone call from the hiring manager congratulating me on my acceptance into the program. A few days alter I received my email notification and had 3 weeks to accept or decline the offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. I was given a location, pay, benefits and contract.

Corporate Analyst Development Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2014.

Interview

I applied online (JP Morgan doesn't recruit on my campus) and got an email asking for a phone interview about a month later. It was an hour long interview with two guys who had worked there for quite a while each. They asked a bunch of behavioral questions, wanted to have a conversation and get to know me. Overall a really pleasant and informational interview. They definitely sold the position to me.

Corporate Analyst Development Program Interview

Interview

THe team at JP Morgan was very responsive and helpful. The internship was an excellent experience and I would definitely recommend it for undergrads. You learn a lot about the corporate environment and about working independently on projects. There were several social events to keep interns engaged and we even had the opportunity to see c-suite execs speak via telepresensce.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time when you've had to deal witha difficult team member.   Answer Question

Corporate Analyst Development Program Interview

Interview

Process took about 3 weeks. Initial campus interview which was simple…just your typical behavioral questions. Then there was a group interview at the office. The group interview sounds a little intimidating, but it really wasn't that bad. Basically they just want to analyze your problem solving skills and see how you interact in a group setting.

Interview Questions

• If you could have any job in the company, which would it be and why   Answer Question

Better offer elsewhere