J.P. Morgan

Getting the Interview

53 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at J.P. Morgan

Interview Details Application form was very standard, included a cv and cover letter. Online tests, equally, were nothing special. Assessment Centre was split into two competency based interview that also tested your ability to think on your feet, and an M&A case study: i.e. what company should be acquired given the situation.

Interview Question – How many ski's are sold in Sweden every year.   View Answers (2)

London, England

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2013.

Interview Details First round interview at London. With an associate and a ED. Each lasted 45 minutes.

Interview Question – A case about skiing. When demand for skiing declined sharply what should a skiing related company do?   Answer Question

London, England

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2013.

Interview Details Online application form
Competency questions

1. Please explain your motivation for applying to J.P. Morgan and more specifically for a place on the Spring Week: Experience IB & Risk initiative (200 words)
2. Please summarise a recent event or development relating to local, regional or global activity that impacts our industry. (150 words)
3. Please describe a recent task or project where you have shown personal accountability and used initiative to exceed expectations. (150 words)

Numerical test
2 x 1:1 office interview

Interview Question – What is our stock price today   Answer Question

London, England

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2012.

Interview Details Went through several interviews with all the members of the team that was hiring from the analyst all the way to the MD. Some were nicer and friendly while others were obviously there to ask all kinds of technical questions.

Interview Question – How do you hedge a digital call   Answer Question

London, England

I applied online - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in December 2012.

Interview Details Numerical and then the first round interview

Interview Question – -How many tennis ball can you put in a car trunk?   View Answer

London, England

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2012.

Interview Details Online Application Form
Online Testing
First Round (2 Interviews)
Final Round (Assessment Center)

Interview Question – How many windows does this building have?   View Answer

Interviewed at J.P. Morgan

Interview Details The process was an online application, followed by online tests and an assessment centre. The assessment centre consisted of a presentation, standard group exercise and several interviews. The interviews were approachable if you prepared well – key motivation questions and knowledge of the industry/role. Each interview lasted between twenty and twenty-five minutes.

Interview Question – There were no unexpected questions   Answer Question

London, England

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in December 2011.

Interview Details Interview in London office. Consisted of 3 separate interview, 2 competency 1 brainteaser. Brainteaser were very simple, and competencies standard as well.

Interview Question – 13x47   Answer Question

City of London, England

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2011.

Interview Details It's two rounds: first round general questions about your CV, your motivation and some brainteasers + numerical test. Second round is desk-specifc, but generally personal interviews with some knowledge-questions, but mostly a relaxed chat.

Interview Question – Do you know how a trading floor works?   View Answer

London, England

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2009.

Interview Details The initial communication was very open and I was invited to first-round interviews in Frankfurt. There I was interviewed by three bankers of different seniority with questions including some valuation and technical bits but mainly fit questions. I was then invited to an assessment day in the London office where I was interviewed with 5 other candidates. We had 1:1 interviews, a presentation on a case and a group discussion. The reason for my rejection was the fact that I had not responded too well to other team members but was too critical of what was being said.

Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at J.P. Morgan

Worked for J.P. Morgan? Contribute to the Community!

J.P. Morgan Videos

J.P. Morgan – Why Work for Us?

J.P. Morgan has been doing first-class business in a first-class way for more than 200 years. We have been a leading player in helping companies grow and markets develop throughout our history. We work in collaboration… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at J.P. Morgan Intern interview questions and advice. All 53 interview reviews posted anonymously by J.P. Morgan employees and interview candidates.