J.P. Morgan Intern Interview Questions

Updated 19 Oct 2014

3.1

59 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

Application form was very standard, included a cv and cover letter. Online tests, equally, were nothing special. Assessment Centre was split into two competency based interview that also tested your ability to think on your feet, and an M&A case study: i.e. what company should be acquired given the situation.

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2013.

First round interview at London. With an associate and a ED. Each lasted 45 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • A case about skiing. When demand for skiing declined sharply what should a skiing related company do?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

The process was an online application, followed by online tests and an assessment centre. The assessment centre consisted of a presentation, standard group exercise and several interviews. The interviews were approachable if you prepared well – key motivation questions and knowledge of the industry/role. Each interview lasted between twenty and twenty-five minutes.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2013.

Online application form
    Competency questions

1. Please explain your motivation for applying to J.P. Morgan and more specifically for a place on the Spring Week: Experience IB & Risk initiative (200 words)
    2. Please summarise a recent event or development relating to local, regional or global activity that impacts our industry. (150 words)
    3. Please describe a recent task or project where you have shown personal accountability and used initiative to exceed expectations. (150 words)

Numerical test
    2 x 1:1 office interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online – interviewed at J.P. Morgan in December 2012.

Numerical and then the first round interview

Interview Questions
    • -How many tennis ball can you put in a car trunk?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2012.

Online Application Form
    Online Testing
    First Round (2 Interviews)
    Final Round (Assessment Center)

Interview Questions
    • How many windows does this building have?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2012.

Went through several interviews with all the members of the team that was hiring from the analyst all the way to the MD. Some were nicer and friendly while others were obviously there to ask all kinds of technical questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in December 2011.

Interview in London office. Consisted of 3 separate interview, 2 competency 1 brainteaser. Brainteaser were very simple, and competencies standard as well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of London, England

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2011.

It's two rounds: first round general questions about your CV, your motivation and some brainteasers + numerical test. Second round is desk-specifc, but generally personal interviews with some knowledge-questions, but mostly a relaxed chat.

Interview Questions
    • Do you know how a trading floor works?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2009.

The initial communication was very open and I was invited to first-round interviews in Frankfurt. There I was interviewed by three bankers of different seniority with questions including some valuation and technical bits but mainly fit questions. I was then invited to an assessment day in the London office where I was interviewed with 5 other candidates. We had 1:1 interviews, a presentation on a case and a group discussion. The reason for my rejection was the fact that I had not responded too well to other team members but was too critical of what was being said.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you do not get this internship?   Answer Question
    • Why would you choose a certain valuation method over another?   Answer Question