J.P. Morgan Interview Questions

2,375 Interview Reviews

2.9

Ibd Spring Week Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

First of I had to send a curriculum vitae and a standard cover letter. I also had to do a personality test (quite strange) and eventually I obtained a final round interview in London

Summer Analyst, Investor Services Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Apply online through the career website. If shortlisted,
    Round 1: 2 30 minute interviews... not immediately back to back. 30 minutes break in between
    If successful, Round 2: 2 30 minute interviews followed by a group discussion
    All interviewers were very friendly, supportive... helped to structure the answer and not trying to put you under stress. If not clear about an answer, they will ask you if you want to come back to it later.
    Interviewers keep taking notes about what you say.

Interview Questions
    • Each interviewer has a questionnaire.. competency, logical reasoning, personal ability based questions. They choose what they want to ask. Usually ask one from each section and if time permits go back to the remaining question in any section.
      Some questions asked - Number of people who set foot in the rome colloseum on an average in a day in august; number of people entering city of london each morning on an average

Lot of focus on ethics; ability to handle stress - all situation based questions
        Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

After applying to the graduate program, I received an email asking me to pass a test from home that I would send through email. After passing that, I had a telephone interview and I was invited to pass tests on site and then I had 3 interviews. The people were very nice, not aggressive, they just wanted to get to the heart of the problem and know what my motivations were, was i going to be a reliable worker etc. I had to prove to them that they could count on me, that I was confident, etc. This is the best advice I can give to someone, show them that you are confident and comfortable.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think our company's biggest regulatory threats are at the moment?   Answer Question

Trade Analyst Interview

Interview was comprehensive, indepth questions regarding product knowledge. The interview discussed her past employment background and asked to explain my past and how it is relavant to the job in question.

Interview Questions
    • Explaining the derivative process as explained within the product manual.   Answer Question

Major Incident Manager Interview

I had a phone interview with someone from England. We had a 30 minute conversation that went well and I was given an offer a few days later. Nothing different than process for other jobs really.

Marketing Analyst Interview

2 personal interviews, one was 45 minutes, one was 1 hour and one HR phone interview which was 30 minutes long, very friendly and professional atmosphere, very detailed questions about previous workplace and my personality

Asset Servicing Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Hour long interview

Do your research

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2014.

3 interviews, 1 with hiring manager, 6 with their colleagues including MDs, PMs, VPs, Head of Research. Most questions were nice chats about investment style, strategy, holding period in current job, approaches, how stock selection is done and on what criteria. Interviews too approximately 5 hours. The last round was a presentation which I didn't get to do reason being my weak analytical skills (which was rather a misunderstanding I think as I believe for most part they are fine and performance is there to prove it) and investment style (always thought the style is taken over as you join the firm but I think they are looking for a very specific person there).

Interview Questions
    • Describe why you would set a specific cost of equity for a bank in specific region when using GGM / have absolutely full understanding of valuation process theory.   View Answer

Oracle Database Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2014.

Applied on the J.P.Morgan portal, heard back from the hiring manager after a couple of weeks with details of a telephone interview with her colleague in NY. I thought it well and received another call from her team a week later to attend in London a face to face meeting.
    Interview took place in a break out area which was a little odd as other people were meeting around us. Interview was unstructured. A few technical oracle questions could have been answered better by myself. The hiring manager promised to call me the following week. I sent a thank you email knowing the restrictions in the company about sending emails to personal accounts.

Followed up with a couple more emails and left two voice messages but she never got back to me with any feedback. The time & cost of travel wasn't cheap, a courtesy call would have been greatly appreciated even if they weren't taking my application any further.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too taxing but the dba started right at the beginning of my CV asking technical questions from 25 years ago which was very unexpected and threw me and used up most of his time going over things that were largely irrelevant and didn't get to the latest work I had done   Answer Question

Sales/Trading Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

1st round: two interviews, one supposedly technical and another supposedly competency. Both generally competency based, with a slightly obscure market sizing question in each. 2nd round: investor case interview, where we were first given roughly 20 minutes in a room to review a booklet containing data and text regarding a company and their competitors. Additional interviews with more general competency questions and one logic puzzle.

Interview Questions
    • Something along the lines of: Estimate the number of people who set foot through the vatican on an average day in june.   Answer Question