J.P. Morgan Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 26, 2014
2,259 interviews

2.9

Technology Analyst Interview

interviewed at J.P. Morgan in December 2012.

The application process includes online application, a on-line aptitude test, a phone interview and then on-site assessment center. The assessment center I went was held in a Saturday morning in their London office. The assessment center has a group discussion, a face-to-face interview regarding general personality and two technical ones.

Trade Analyst Interview

Interview was comprehensive, indepth questions regarding product knowledge. The interview discussed her past employment background and asked to explain my past and how it is relavant to the job in question.

Interview Questions
    • Explaining the derivative process as explained within the product manual.   Answer Question

Java Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Glasgow, Scotland
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2014.

Impressed a recruiter at my final year project demonstration, he took my details and set up an interview shortly after confirming that I was available and had interest in the position.
    Interview was with two Lead Developers and consisted of an hours worth of tech and competency questions based on my work that I had done previously and how I would react to different goals being added on top of them .

Interview Questions
    • Asked how I could modify my final year project (Constructing and Solving Sudokus) in order to satisfy additional requirements that were generated such as using multiple algorithms and different types of sudokus   View Answer

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I interviewed online. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2014.

One day assessment centre, two 1-1 interviews on competencies and behavioural, a group interview, and finally another 1-1 interview on presenting the ideas from the group interview. Also had a re-test of the online numerical skills test.
    Had a very enjoyable time, the people are generally very friendly and helpful, although the day was very intense with barely any breaks between each activity.

Interview Questions
    • Group interview on several different business cases, in general lack of time to analyse and complete the task.   Answer Question

Oracle Database Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2014.

Applied on the J.P.Morgan portal, heard back from the hiring manager after a couple of weeks with details of a telephone interview with her colleague in NY. I thought it well and received another call from her team a week later to attend in London a face to face meeting.
    Interview took place in a break out area which was a little odd as other people were meeting around us. Interview was unstructured. A few technical oracle questions could have been answered better by myself. The hiring manager promised to call me the following week. I sent a thank you email knowing the restrictions in the company about sending emails to personal accounts.

Followed up with a couple more emails and left two voice messages but she never got back to me with any feedback. The time & cost of travel wasn't cheap, a courtesy call would have been greatly appreciated even if they weren't taking my application any further.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too taxing but the dba started right at the beginning of my CV asking technical questions from 25 years ago which was very unexpected and threw me and used up most of his time going over things that were largely irrelevant and didn't get to the latest work I had done   Answer Question

Major Incident Manager Interview

I had a phone interview with someone from England. We had a 30 minute conversation that went well and I was given an offer a few days later. Nothing different than process for other jobs really.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2014.

3 interviews, 1 with hiring manager, 6 with their colleagues including MDs, PMs, VPs, Head of Research. Most questions were nice chats about investment style, strategy, holding period in current job, approaches, how stock selection is done and on what criteria. Interviews too approximately 5 hours. The last round was a presentation which I didn't get to do reason being my weak analytical skills (which was rather a misunderstanding I think as I believe for most part they are fine and performance is there to prove it) and investment style (always thought the style is taken over as you join the firm but I think they are looking for a very specific person there).

Interview Questions
    • Describe why you would set a specific cost of equity for a bank in specific region when using GGM / have absolutely full understanding of valuation process theory.   View Answer

Marketing Analyst Interview

2 personal interviews, one was 45 minutes, one was 1 hour and one HR phone interview which was 30 minutes long, very friendly and professional atmosphere, very detailed questions about previous workplace and my personality

Executive Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2014.

The interviewer was not very interested in describing the position and the firm, but started with very detailed questions on my previous career path, up to 12 years ago. He wrote down exactly when I had been promoted to analyst, associate, VP etc, which seemed to me quite unusual. His attitude was overall a bit unfriendly.

Global Wealth Manager Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2014.

The company was timely with responding to my application and scheduled an interview at both my and their earliest convenience. Though I wasn't hired, I was given plenty of communication, mostly after I had initiated.

Interview Questions
    • They asked a lot about my unique background and why I would want to transition into this industry and position, which was difficult to explain as I hadn't fully formed that other than I was testing the waters to examine the possibility of moving into the Banking industry from that start-up biotech.   Answer Question

Worked for J.P. Morgan? Contribute to the Community!