J.P. Morgan

34 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Difficult Interview

London, England

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2012.

Interview Details Applied online and had an assessment centre day in their London office. It went almost perfectly but because they're the best you have to be perfect. I was let down by my performance in the Group Discussion despite the other areas scoring very highly.

Interview Question – Brain teasers   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA (US)

I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2013.

Interview Details 2 / 3 rounds phone interview each round 2 - 3 analysts / associates; then final VC interview with 3 directors / VPs
usually 15/20 min of behavioral + 15/20 min of tech (standard corp fin / accounting questions)
most of them are very nice + busy so they won't bother you with crazy questions

Interview Question – answer a tech question in another language. not prepared for that   Answer Question

Interview Details Applied online and received phone interview after 3 weeks

Interview Question – Usual background and why this industry question   Answer Question

Interviewed at J.P. Morgan

Interview Details The process is fairly "easy" and quick if you are being recruited on campus. Screening takes a while though if you apply online. Definitely make use of on campus recruiting if they come to your school

Interview Question – The questions were mostly behavioral for the preliminary interview. Basically know your resume REALLY well, and if you say you know a certain software program, make sure you can back it up.   Answer Question

Interviewed at J.P. Morgan

Interview Details Very straight forward and to the point. For the right person, this can be a great place to work. I did not go further on in the interview process. If I had another opportunity I would highly pursue the amazing professional affiliates of JPMorgan.

Interview Question – Walk me through a DCF analysis   Answer Question

Interviewed at J.P. Morgan

Interview Details Interviewed for a Summer Analyst Position in the SF Office. Two phone screens and a superday with 4 interviews. Interviewers were mainly associates and a VP. Consisted mostly of technical questions and a few fit. A couple brain teasers as well

Interview Question – What is your personal beta   Answer Question

New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2013.

Interview Details The interview was both personal and technical. The questions focused on technical financial questions, and we were required to demonstrate basic financial competence. The interview was a panel of three employees of the firm. One was a managing director, one was an associate, and one was an analyst. They represented different industries.

Interview Question – What animal is most representative of you and your personality?   Answer Question

Rochester, NY (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2013.

Interview Details It was a on campus screening interview with an MD alumni, he was really nice a like to listen to what I am really good at, at end, he couldn't offer to refer me due to the different department reason, however, after 30 mins chatting with me, he helped me narrow the area that fit me the most--Asset Management. It was great and extremely helpful.

New York, NY (US)

I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2013.

Interview Details Online tests, accessement center. and two another round by MD and VPS

Interview Question – How did you see the future of J.P   Answer Question

Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied online - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2013.

Interview Details Applied online and had 2 rounds of phone screening. Super day was held in New York. I had 4 rounds of 1 on 1 interviewed and was contacted 4 days later for an offer.

Interview Question – why did you transfer?   Answer Question

Worked for J.P. Morgan? Contribute to the Community!