J.P. Morgan Project Manager Interview Questions & Reviews

2.6

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England
Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2011.

Pretty straight forward. I did need to come in a number of times to meet a number of different people, a total of 6 at varying levels and couple that I never worked with but who were asked to contribute feedback.

Interview Questions
  • The questions were really simple. Given the number of people I met, I believe they were trying to determine whether I would be a good cultural fit rather than whether I could do the job.   Answer Question
Not much of a nogotiation.

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Project Manager Interview

As an external candidate the process was somewhat long. Several telephone interviews were conducted with the recruiter and an interview with the hiring manager was coordinated after several weeks.

Interview Questions
    • How do you create a project plan for a line of business you know nothing about.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview and hiring process quick and less than two weeks. There was phone interview and then group interview with the team face to face. The interview questions were mostly from my resume.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pleasanton, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA (US)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2013.

Its for a 1 year contract PM position through a staffing firm. I had 3 phone interviews with a peer (PM), Program Dir, AD Director. There was no f2f interview since the need was urgent. They didnt give an answer until I really pushed my HR to get one. Then they offered the job.

via staffing firm, multiple rounds phone interview from US & HK

Interview Questions

be clear with you salary requirements with the staffing firm

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

I had one interview that resulted in an offer; the process was extremely quick; no complaints about the interview process (in 2006)

No negotiation available

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Elgin, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elgin, IL (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

The hiring process was very slow and little envolvement with HR since they were outsourced

Interview Questions
    • there were no difficult questions with my interview process   Answer Question
    The negotiation did not go that great, they would not budge

Project Manager Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Was offered interview after recruiter forwarded resume. Very informal, easy going - they really just wanted to get to know me and my skills. There were no formal or curveball questions. There were two interviewers that took turns in asking questions.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions if you know the principles of project management well.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Called by Recruiter to set up interview within a week of applying for position. Set up interview for two days later.
    Interviewed with 2 people separately in 30 minute sessions. No technical questions at all; only situational and experiences.
    Called the next day to set up follow-up interview. Booked it for the next day. Met with that person for about an hour. Again, no technical questions, just experiences and situational scenarios.
    Called same day by recruiter to discuss salary. Called the next day with the offer, which I accepted.

I must say in all my years, this was the most professional interview experience I've ever had.

Interview Questions
    • Nother really. Just the usual SAR (Situation Action Results) questions. BE PREPARED for those. If you aren't you're done for. Be ready to handle conflict resolution, motivation, difficult clients/co-workers/subordinates/etc.   Answer Question
    Pretty cut and dry. This is what the market bears so do you want the offer or don't you?

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jacksonville, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2011.

The interview process was very fast and the decision was made promptly.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when a project you were managing was falling behind schedule, what steps did you take?   Answer Question
    I did not attempt to negotiate, I was very satisfied with the offer.

Worked for J.P. Morgan? Contribute to the Community!