J.P. Morgan

Average Difficulty
8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2014.

Interview Details I was called for the interview on Saturday May 17th 2014.

There was a huge line of people waiting for clearing the security checks. It took almost an hour for me to get the clearance after all the hic ups i went into interview room.

It was directly one on one discussion with the technical panel.

Panel started interviewing me with basic java question to advanced concepts. It was very challenging to clear this round. Later i was said i might have to join with in a month for which i agreed provided they issue me a offer with in a month. I was called again for another round of interview on May 19th 2014 where the same panel asked me some more java questions.

On the same day I was said i have cleared all the technical rounds and will be receiving a offer letter soon.

Its been more than a month now and am still waiting to receive my offer letter. HR keeps telling me they don't have an update from higher management. I really don't understand how can a HR answer so unreasonably.

They are very unprofessional in there response and time lines. My salary discussion happened after 25 days of telling me that i have cleared the technical rounds.

How long do you expect a candidate to wait for you ?
How long does it take to process a candidature ?
If you are not interested in providing a job why do you give false hope to candidates ?
Its actually a case of of IPC 420 cheating and false hope which i can file in court ?

When they said i have been selected i stopped taking calls from other consultancy and gave a stop for my job hunt. Truly frustrating experience and unreasonable responses received from JPMC.

Guys if you are reading this and going to attend an interview with this company, Give it a thought if they can play so hopelessly with a guy outside company what would be your position when you join them.

Attend the interview for experience but do not join them i tell you they screw up your future plans just by the name of interview.

Being a multi billion $ company you should learn how to handle a candidature in the first place.

Interview Question – What is the difference between -X and -XX arguments ?
How do you write a JNI call when the underlying language used is Perl ?
  View Answer

Naperville, IL (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2009.

Interview Details Gave my contact information initially to a recruiter at my university when they visited for career fair. I received a call only a couple of weeks later with an offer to interview. The interview itself was real laid back, the interviewee became my future upper management. The process itself wasn't too bad, went through one phone interview and two on-location interviews. Application was all done online. Be sure to answer the personality questions thoroughly and consistently. We also had to take an assessment testing our basic math skills. The test itself was not that bad, but it did stump a lot of people who I had recommended the job to.

Interview Question – Describe an instance when you encountered a problem with a customer/client and had to resolve it.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I didn't have much to negotiate, as this was the first position I acquired out of college.

Houston, TX (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in August 2012.

Interview Details Two telephone interviews - second one had 'scheduling error' where they called 1 hr 20 mins early and then called back again 20 mins late.

Onsite interview - one tech focused, one behavioral focused, and two more people who had never seen my resume before and told me they weren't very prepared.

Around 7 hours total of interviewing totaling in zero feedback to myself and even to my agent.

Extremely unprofessional. Very rigid HR process as well.

Interview Question – Not too difficult: write singleton class on the whiteboard, big O of searching some data structures, etc.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer

The process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2011.

Interview Details Got a test where i need to write a Java program with proper unit tests for calculating bowling points.

Interview Question – OO concepts, Core Java questions, Spring, JEE technologies, UI technologies   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Well, it's standard hiring procedure and I know what to be expected. Do some research before going for negotiation

New York, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2012.

Interview Details Simple C# and questions and general questions about my professional background. Nice guy, but my skills were not a match

Chicago, IL (US)

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in December 2010.

Interview Details First phone chat with recuriter and then with the team manager.
Then with the whole team including remote team via video conference.
Went very well, but the whole process took about 45 days to get the result.

Interview Question – pure tech and process interview   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in September 2011.

Interview Details First round : online test of 50 questions ( so much difficult to crack since we may has upto 3 answers our of 5 with -ve marking ). some how i manged to clear this round with all my exposure i have from past 5 years.
Next Techincal round : iam really have concerns on this round, the way they have conducted interview. I have been waited for 1hour in a meeting room after clearing my written test, then panelist came to take interview.

but i really did not liked the the way they conducted interview process & did not like the way they treated experienced professionals. even small companies are better processes compared to this.

Interview Question – Written test is bit tough.. since we have more than 2 answers out of 5 chioces with -ve marking   View Answer

New York, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2010.

Interview Details They seemed anxious to see people demonstrating high-energy or excitement. There were a number of questions & discussions regarding problems and the algoritm to solve.

Interview Question – Write the algorithm to find all possible phone numbers that can be dialed on a standard touch-tine phone keypad when the "next digit" can only be selected from the #'s that are reached by moving as a Chess Knight (over 2 & up/down 1, or over 1 & up/down 2)   Answer Question

Worked for J.P. Morgan? Contribute to the Community!