J.P. Morgan Technology Analyst Interview Questions & Reviews

57 interviews

2.8

57 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Technology Analyst Interview

interviewed at J.P. Morgan in December 2012.

The application process includes online application, a on-line aptitude test, a phone interview and then on-site assessment center. The assessment center I went was held in a Saturday morning in their London office. The assessment center has a group discussion, a face-to-face interview regarding general personality and two technical ones.

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Employee  in  Bournemouth, England
    Anonymous Employee in Bournemouth, England

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2014.

After filling in the online application I heard back after a month and a half for the first round interviews consisting of technical and competency interviews each of 45 minutes. The competency based interview was about the reasons for applying to JP Morgan and knowing about the leadership and team work skills. The technical interview comprised of the projects I had undertaken in my professional studies and the details I had mentioned in my CV.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Glasgow, Scotland
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2014.

Pretty much straightforward. 2x45 minutes interviews. First interview was technical and second one was competency-based. For technical questions, they asked about stuff that interests me and how JPM can benefit from that. In second interview different scenarios were presented and I was asked to deal with those situations. For instance, somebody comes with a proposal for which you would have to make compromises, what would you do?

Interview Questions
    • Something along the lines of what kind of financial challenges would JPM face, if they were to develop a certain technology.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2013.

Fast forwarded to an assessment centre, which included a technical, and a competency-based interview, as well as a group task. The process was very smooth, and interviewers quite pleasant themselves. However, everything felt completely robotic, impersonal, and one-sided. The interviewers were not allowed to as much as rephrase the questions they were basically reading off a script. Similarly, the group task featured no external involvement whatsoever, and felt like being watched in a zoo.

Interview Questions
    • No real technical questions, just soft stuff, talking about previous experience, etc.   Answer Question

Technology Analyst Interview

I did my first round interview in the Bournemouth office. One technical interview and one competency interview with motivational questions. The interviewers were very nice and friendly and I was not surprised by any question. Ive been invited to the second round interview and assessment centre.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were expected, no diffcult question.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2013.

I have recently attended an Assessment Centre with JPMorgan in London. This consists of two interviews, each of 45 minutes, one technical and one competency-based and a group exercise.

The interviewers were really friendly and none of the questions surprised me, but you need to think on your feet on the respective day. During the group exercise, we were given a real business problem, which we had to discuss and come up with a solution within 30 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • I believe the most difficult task was coming up with a solution in the group exercise and also being sure that everyone speaks and takes part in the discussion.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2010.

Applied online for Technology analyst position. Got invitation for numerical test after three weeks of application. It is a standard SHL test. Test is not too difficult.
    Didn’t hear anything for 3-4 weeks. And then got invitation for first round interview. There are two interviews: one competency based and another one is knowledge and motivation based. Interviewers are very friendly.

After few weeks of the first interview, got invitation for the assessment centre. AC consists of series of activities. The activity is to analyse a case study, identify issue and recommend solutions. Had to do a presentation for this. And interviewer asks questions after the presentation.
    2nd activity is team work.
    And then there are two interviews: one for motivations and another one for self assessment.
    Overall the interview process is good and all the interviewer was very Friday and helpful.

Anonymous Employee in London, England

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in December 2008.

Initial online tests - numeracy only.

Followed by 2-on-one interview with Technologists. 30-45 minute interview.

Non technical questions only - competency questions only.

Rejected after this first face-to-face interview

Examples of questions:

what is the difference between a leader and a manager
    give an example of someone you think is a good leader
    name a time you have taken a project to completion

Interview Questions
    • How do you think the economic climate will affect the technology division?   Answer Question

Technology Analyst Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2013.

Initially received contact that I would be having 2 1 on 1 interviews in person but a few days prior to the scheduled date, the interview was changed to phone interviews with a couple of VP's in the technology department. The first was more technical and relatively challenging (this was one of my first interviews) and after going over my resume and some career aspirations, my interviewer asked me to help him determine the a system for creating recommendations for customers based on their past credit card transactions. The second interview was much more behavioral, and it eventually transformed into an interesting discussion on some of the differences between Java and Python. My advice be prepared, but more importantly be confident, and if you need help don't be afraid to ask for it.

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2014.

Application online and super day at their office. Two 30-min long interviews. One more technical and the other more behavioral.

Interview Questions
    • How do you solve a problem that you've never encountered without Google.   Answer Question

Worked for J.P. Morgan? Contribute to the Community!