J.P. Morgan Technology Analyst Interview Questions

Updated 13 Apr 2015

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (London, England).

Interview

This was the first round of interviews (after an initial application screening). It consisted of two interviews - both interviewers were from technology teams. The first one focussed on my prior experience and the kind of projects I have worked on before. The second one was focussed on competency questions.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever made compromises in projects? How did that go?   Answer Question
  • Have you ever had to change the way that you deal with people for a particular team member?   Answer Question
  • Long description of one of my projects.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Glasgow, Scotland) in March 2015.

Interview

1. Online Application

2. Two face to face Interviews - 1 Technical & 1 Competency Based.

3. Assessment Centre - Written Exercise, Technical Interview, Competency Based Interview, Group Exercise - Group Discussion, Written Exercise, Small interview.

Overall positive experience. Key is to be confident throughout and radiate positivity and enthusiasm.

There is nothing much one can do to prepare for the Assessment Centre as its an extremely tailored exercise. Brushing up key concepts such as data structures, object oriented programming, software development life cycle and methodologies before all the interviews may come in handy. Knowing about the company, it's businesses and familiarising yourself with the company website is equally important.

Also checking online resources for tips on preparing for group exercises are helpful. I would strongly recommend going through all the reviews relating to your position on Glassdoor as it gave me a clearer picture regarding the entire process and nothing came as a surprise to me on the D-Day.

Interview Questions

• Which data structure is more suitable for this problem(based on the 1st written exercise)?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Glasgow, Scotland) in February 2015.

Interview

The interviewers are very friendly
    The step was online interview, 2 assessments
    1st was behavioural question
    2nd was technical interview
    The whole process was about one month.
    Practical advice:
    BE yourself
    there will be group assignment test as well, so be prepared to work in team and know your role in the team
    Practice to write coding on the paper.

Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2015.

Interview

I applied in JPMorgan in nov 2014 and got call jan last week..they invited me for first round..in that, there were two interviews-- half an hour for competency based questions and half an hour for technical questions..interviewers were cool..the questions were prewritten and they noted down each response ..no selection but overall it was good experience

Interview Questions

• what are your strengths and weaknessWhy this role tell me about your previous project   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (London, England) in October 2014.

Interview

Very well organised. Assessment centre was the best I've been too!
    First stage: 2 interviews - mostly competency based
    Second stage: 1 written technical exam + 2 technical interviews + group exercise + 1 written test + 1 interview

Interview Questions

• What would you do if your boss was completely wrong and you knew about it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Glasgow, Scotland) in February 2014.

Interview

Pretty much straightforward. 2x45 minutes interviews. First interview was technical and second one was competency-based. For technical questions, they asked about stuff that interests me and how JPM can benefit from that. In second interview different scenarios were presented and I was asked to deal with those situations. For instance, somebody comes with a proposal for which you would have to make compromises, what would you do?

Interview Questions

• Something along the lines of what kind of financial challenges would JPM face, if they were to develop a certain technology.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bournemouth, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Bournemouth, England) in January 2014.

Interview

After filling in the online application I heard back after a month and a half for the first round interviews consisting of technical and competency interviews each of 45 minutes. The competency based interview was about the reasons for applying to JP Morgan and knowing about the leadership and team work skills. The technical interview comprised of the projects I had undertaken in my professional studies and the details I had mentioned in my CV.

Technology Analyst Interview

Interview

I did my first round interview in the Bournemouth office. One technical interview and one competency interview with motivational questions. The interviewers were very nice and friendly and I was not surprised by any question. Ive been invited to the second round interview and assessment centre.

Interview Questions

• All the questions were expected, no diffcult question.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (London, England) in November 2013.

Interview

Fast forwarded to an assessment centre, which included a technical, and a competency-based interview, as well as a group task. The process was very smooth, and interviewers quite pleasant themselves. However, everything felt completely robotic, impersonal, and one-sided. The interviewers were not allowed to as much as rephrase the questions they were basically reading off a script. Similarly, the group task featured no external involvement whatsoever, and felt like being watched in a zoo.

Interview Questions

• No real technical questions, just soft stuff, talking about previous experience, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (London, England) in October 2013.

Interview

I have recently attended an Assessment Centre with JPMorgan in London. This consists of two interviews, each of 45 minutes, one technical and one competency-based and a group exercise.

The interviewers were really friendly and none of the questions surprised me, but you need to think on your feet on the respective day. During the group exercise, we were given a real business problem, which we had to discuss and come up with a solution within 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• I believe the most difficult task was coming up with a solution in the group exercise and also being sure that everyone speaks and takes part in the discussion.   Answer Question