J.P. Morgan

Relevance Date Difficulty

Teller 20 Hours Interview

Teller 20 Hours
College Station, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2010.

Interview Details FIrst take an online basic math quiz, then wait until an HR person Calls you for a preliminary phone interview, then if you pass that, you are invited for a one-to-one interview with an Assistant Branch Manager, then they decide if you are hired or not.

Interview Question – Basic job questions, if you were in this situation what would you do and why? In the past when you were faced with a tough decision what did you do? stuff like that   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was my first job not to make minimum, I had just moved to College and $10 an hour seemed very good to me.

20 Hour Teller Interview

20 Hour Teller
Fort Worth, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in September 2012.

Interview Details Phone interview - asked me questions about experiences with customers. Dealing with upset customers and times when going above and beyond.
Service manager in branch interview- asked more customer service questions and questions pertaining to skills in balancing and teller transactions.

While awaiting call/3rd interview from first branch's dm I was graced with another interview at different branch.
Both service and store manger really dove into my customer service skills. I shared stories upon stories and even critiques of bad customer service I'd witnessed.

While awaiting call from that branch's dm I received a call from first dm and we spoke for 3:58 about why Chase and my career goals.

The next day I was offered that position! Stoked, but the offer was lower than expected: 10.25 and I felt I was worth more! No negotiating. So I declined. I should have sold myself better!

Interview Question – Why Chase?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Pay 10.25 wasn't worth hard work of switching jobs and forming new relationships. My current job at 10.00 just offered me the same .25/ 6 months raise. My expectation for my next job, after assessing my skills is 11.00 - $12.00.

Worked for J.P. Morgan? Contribute to the Community!