Jack in the Box

34 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern Interview

San Diego, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Jack in the Box.

Interview Details phone interview consisted of qualification questions, followed by in person interview of behavioral interview.

Interview Question – A time when you had to drop something for another project   Answer Question

Crew Interview

Pullman, WA (US)

I applied in-person - interviewed at Jack in the Box in August 2011.

Interview Details Was told about the job by a friend who worked there. Went in and filled out an application one day and then a couple days later brought in a resume, cover letter, and a couple letters of recommendation. Waited for a bout a week. Got a Call in the middle of the week and was asked to come in and do an interview that day. Felt pretty good about the interview and got hired a few days later.

Interview Question – What have you been doing for the last few months that you were not employed?   View Answer

Intern Interview

Intern
San Diego, CA (US)

I applied online and interviewed at Jack in the Box.

Interview Details Behavioral interview

Interview Question – Tell me of a time when you had to be innovative   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

La Quinta, CA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Jack in the Box in June 2011.

Interview Details They call you and then they make you fill out some papers.

Interview Question – Can you be as friendly as the cashiers in other restaurants?   Answer Question

Line Cook Interview

Line Cook

Interviewed at Jack in the Box

Interview Details two interviews, fill out a lot of paperwork

Interview Question – what would I do with an unexpected angry customer   Answer Question

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Administrative Coordinator

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Jack in the Box.

Interview Details Applied 30days before I was contacted for first interview. Panel Interview. If you are asked to come in for an interview you will be asked to complete a hand written restaurant style application.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you worked with an arrogant person or one who made you angry.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no flexibility

Cash Register Interview

Colorado Springs, CO (US)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Jack in the Box in June 2012.

Interview Details During the interivew the was very rude from time to time she would answer her phone and just ignore me, when I gave her my resume she just threw somewhere and did not even open it or bother to look at it. Also they were ties she would be drinking or eating something in front of me. While working with her she got better and nicer and i helped her improve her interview skills

Interview Question – What would I do to boost team Harmony   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate 10 dollars an hour

Restaurant Manager Interview

Restaurant Manager

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Jack in the Box.

Interview Details Was interviewed for crew member position and got promoted 3 times to Restaurant Manager position, so there was really no interview for Managers position.

Interview Question – Got promoted from within so an offer was made and there was no interview   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Project Manager Interview

San Diego, CA (US)

I applied through other source and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Jack in the Box.

Interview Details Hiring Process- They usually hire interns and pay them nothing. Anyone being hired for a good paying job is a friend of someone that already works there.

Interview Process- Do you really want this Job? If you say no - they will find a spider monkey that can do what you were going to do. If you are a friend of someone getting you in the door, you are not as smart as a spider monkey, therefore can't be replaced by one.

Interview Question – Would you be unhappy if we said we lied about what we are willing to pay?
Do you have any problem working for someone stupider than yourself?
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – No phase, They offer you below market/area rates and you take it. If you complain they will find a spider monkey that can do what you were going to do. If you are a friend of someone getting you in the door, you are not as smart as a spider monkey, therefore can't be replaced by one. It is kinda a catch 22 yada yada yada

Crew Interview

Las Vegas, NV (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Jack in the Box in August 2013.

Interview Details I came in to the interview to find that there were 3 managers hiring from 3 different locations. while waiting for the interview, the managers were very unprofessional. They were yelling across the restaurant, making jokes, and snickering. I was hesitant to work for any of them, but I went up for the interview anyway. It was short and sweet and I think they judged me immediately and I knew that they were not interested when they said they would call me for a second interview when I was seeing people getting hired on the spot. Overall bad experience, probably not going to try my luck with any other Jack in the Box from this day forward.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Jack in the Box

Worked for Jack in the Box? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Jack in the Box interview questions and advice. All 34 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Jack in the Box employees and interview candidates.