Jefferies & Company Interview Questions & Reviews

58 interviews

3.2

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Jefferies & Company in December 2013.

They were really nice, they asked very general questions and some technical questions (nothing too hard general stuff about M&A), I came from a non-finance background, they matched nterviewer(s) very carefully (in accordance to your background) - made me feel very comfortable and welcome.

Summer Analyst Interview

First round: numeracy and verbal reasoning tests, the usual SHL stuff. Then two interviews, very conversational, relaxed, touched on a tiny bit of technical stuff with regards to valuation but that was all.

Second round: Three interviews then group exercise and presentation. Two of the three interviews again very conversational, they just want to know why Jefferies, why IBD, why not a bigger firm, which department are you interested in- the usual questions. Then there was the technical interview and you have to make sure you direct it to your strengths-what you know about otherwise they will probe and probe at a particular aspect of valuation. The interviewer got very detailed in his questions.

Interview Questions
    • A curveball was thrown in one of the interviews: what is Jefferies's share price?   View Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Contacted me for a phone interview and spoke within two days. Spoke with a young analyst who had been with firm for just over a year. Standard questions, just going over different aspects of resume. Specifically asked about most important/hardest courses taken thus far and which parts of my leadership and community experience were most important

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Jefferies & Company in February 2013.

Approached by agency. London people enthusiastic and process quick. New York process slow and people seemed more lethargic.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too challenging. Hardest was, 'What have you got to offer that makes you unique?'   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Jefferies & Company in November 2012.

Two 40mins interviews. The first one was technical such as valuation model, what companies do with extra cash, something about special dividends. The second was motivational, just normal behavioral questions, nothing special. Then we were directed to a room to complete numerical and verbal reasoning tests which were exactly the same kind of questions as other online tests.

IB Analyst Interview

interviewed with 2 people - a VP and an associate. One about past transactions and the other quantitative questions. They have many transactions and they are proud of their deal flow.

Investment Banking Summer Associate Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Jefferies & Company in January 2014.

Business School Career Management. Two rounds of interviews. Tough technicals, solid interpersonal questions. Very collegial work environment. Lean deal teams, so junior bankers get a lot of exposure and tons of work to do.

Interview Questions
    NO negotiations for the summer offer as it is driven by the business school.

Trader Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Jefferies & Company.

Initial round of interviews was pleasant and succinct. Met with most members of the team in the course of a 3 hour afternoon session. Second round with management was also brief, but less enjoyable. In hindsight, it gave an excellent indication of the uninspired manner in which the overall company is run.

Vice President -- Risk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I interviewed in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Jefferies & Company.

Phone, in-person interviews (3 rounds). Final round was meeting the seniors. Mediocre interviewers, so no need to worry too much. Most of the interviews were just talk-talk, nothing very serious.

Interview Questions
    • Salary negotiation. They always try to low-ball you. You need to stay firm, and push back!   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Wasn't too hard. There were some technical questions, but they pretty much walked you through it and held your hand. It was more to see how you fit from a technical perspective. I met with all the senior bankers and never had a question that was like "how many marbles can fill an airplane, etc...". I thought it was more them trying to sell me than anything. But all in all, it wasn't too bad and was I left feeling very good about the job after I left. Got a call later that day that the job was mine.

Worked for Jefferies & Company? Contribute to the Community!