Jenny Craig

Updated 12 Dec 2014
Updated 12 Dec 2014

2.4

Weight Loss Consultant Interview

Apply online then meet with center director - she is great! General questions first time in... follow ups are more situational and you may be asked to participate in a role play.

no negotiation anymore

Weight Loss Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Jenny Craig.

I applied on line and answered a few questions. Someone called me back and asked more detailed questions. Then I was given an interview face to face, a few days later. I then met with the market director for another interview.

Interview Questions
    • what was one way in the past you motivated someone to change (phone interview)
      The 1:1 interview was more difficult. She asked many questions but especially about motivation. Specifically how would I motivate someone with a weight problem that really did not appear interested in losing weight but wanted a quick fix.

Answer Question

Weight Loss Consultant Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Jenny Craig in October 2014.

interview process was normal i had 2 interviews the people seemed friendly they asked why i haven't worked in the last 6 month and i told them my dad had stage 4 cancer.

I was offered a position and told i had 24 or 48 to complete background, credit and drug screening and then they sent me a email saying i would start 11-06-2014.

So on Tuesday 11-04-2014 i received a email saying the drug test wasn't back and i couldn't on 11-06-2014 which was a Thursday so i called and they said i would most likely start on Monday.

one hour later i was called told my aunt had a stroke and my dad didn't look good. so bought a ticket for a flight to Michigan coming back Monday morning at 6:45 am so i could start.

i left Wednesday morning for Michigan. My dad had stage 4 lung cancer and took a turn for the worst and passed away 11-06-2014 i was with him.
    i called jenny Craig to see if i could start a week later and no one gave me a answer. so i reached out twice to follow up and received no answer. on 11-12-2014 while i'm at my fathers funeral viewing a employee of jenny Craig said they weren't holding the position, i asked if i could start 11-14-2014 that i was at the funeral home and i could send them proof of his death. and they said it was not needed that they are not starting me.

This company has no heart at all.

Weight Loss Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Jenny Craig.

Applied online and received an email stating to call corporate for a phone interview. The interview involved general questions like "Explain a time when you helped a person and how did you help them?" I then received an email with a time for a personal interview. In the interview I was asked to role play as a consultant and the interviewer acted like a walk-in client. The general idea is that they want you to be personable and ask a lot of open ended questions. Let the client do most of the talking. Then, once you have gathered the information, explain why the program works perfectly for their needs. I had two interviews before being accepted.

Junior Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA (US)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Jenny Craig in July 2014.

I was brought on by a staffing agency, so my interview was schedule at the last minute (not the company's fault). The receptionist was very nice, seating area was comfortable and I was given complimentary water during my wait which was not long at all. I was interviewed by three department heads, all of which were very nice and thorough. They gave me a brief history of the company, about their core values, and of the recent updates and new developments that are soon to be launched in the months ahead. For the interview, they asked me about my design experience, asked questions about how I would satisfy the client if a) happened or what I would do if b) were to take place. I was also asked to give an example of what I how I would rectify a situation if I made a mistake. For my position though, my portfolio did most of the talking so the interview was mainly to get a feel for my personality to see if I would be a good fit for the team. They let me answer my questions fully, and never interrupted me. I was also given the opportunity to ask questions myself about the position or the company.

Interview Questions
    • the most difficult question was the one questioning my integrity- they asked how I would handle a situation if I were to have made a costly mistake.   View Answer

Weight Loss Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Jenny Craig.

I applied online and they have you call a number to set up an interview. The process is conducted of 2 interviews. The first one is where you want to make the best impression. They ask you a lot about yourself and why you want to be a weight loss consultant. I got a really nice girl named Pricilla and I really wanted to work with her in general. The second interview is reached if they like you and more of just a way to meet someone higher up. It was a far drive but it was worth it. ALSO put good references! They call them.

Interview Questions

Even though I really wanted to be a weight loss consultant (I am going to school for healthy lifestyle coaching), the compensation was a little scary. The training is a decent pay but it's too low for having a job like that. However, commission is included so there could be a good pay.. I just don't know how busy the store is.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I initially responded to a post on Monster from a local office. I was contacted within a day or 2 by phone from their HR office. They asked a lot of the basic interview questions like "Why do you want to work for Jenny Craig?" and set me up with an interview with the local center director. What was nice about that was the fact that they were very flexible with what time I of day I wanted to have the interview. When I arrived I filled out a job application, which was also simple, and straight forward. The director was very pleasant, we just went through my resume and talked about my recent job experiences. I was offered the position though I couldnt actually start for a number of weeks as it was their slow season at the time. (Summer)

Interview Questions
    • There were really no difficult or unexpected questions...the typical things that you get during an interview and I never felt nervous during it.   Answer Question
    No negotiation but was happy with what was offered. ($11 hr)

Area Market Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Jenny Craig.

There is a brief phone screen and then you interview with a Centre Director. The questions are all behavioral.

Interview Questions
    • You can be asked to demonstrate a lead call or a consultation.   View Answer
    There is not negotiation. There is a set scale of pay.

Weight Loss Consultant Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Jenny Craig.

Had to have a drug test and background check

I couldn't negotate

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Jenny Craig in January 2014.

No real structured interview process so if you prepare yourself with customary interview skills and Q&A you can wing the interview...

Interview Questions
    Needed to be employed before my unemployment ran out