Johns Hopkins

54 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

PhD Student Interview

Interviewed at Johns Hopkins

Interview Details Just submit the application and got an telephone interview.

Interview Question – nothing really difficult one, just experience   Answer Question

Epic Credentialed Trainer Interview

Interviewed at Johns Hopkins

Interview Details Very relaxed interview process. By the time the interviewed my they had already interviewed 50+ people, so they saw my credentials and ran a relaxed process

Interview Question – How would you deal with rude Doctors?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No. Ridiculous. I was and am underpaid significantly for the quality of work that I do.

Marketing Assistant Interview

Baltimore, MD (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Johns Hopkins in May 2013.

Interview Details My professor emailed me about the position, so I applied for the job, came in for a brief interview, and was sent and offer via email.

Interview Question – Very informal interview, no questions were really difficult. I just had to be honest.   Answer Question

Graduate Student Interview

Baltimore, MD (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Johns Hopkins.

Interview Details The interview spans two days. There will be 5-10 other candidates interviewing with you. You will meet one-on-one with 5-8 professors, mostly of your own choosing (arranged by the department administrator beforehand via email). They will ask about your education, research experience, career goals and other interests. You will have dinner at a professor's home with some of the other candidates. Not only do they want to make sure that you are intelligent and hardworking, but also that you get along with people and carry an interesting conversation. During lunches and a poster session there will be many opportunities to interact with the graduate students who are already in the program. They will also be making note of whether or not you are asking good questions and if you seem like someone they would like to work with. Be sure to ask graduate students about what they like/don't like about the school and/or the professors they work with.

Interview Question – What are your career plans? What kind of research are you interested in? Why did you get a "C" in that undergrad chemistry class?   Answer Question

Reimbursement Specialist Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Johns Hopkins.

Interview Details It was a pretty standard interview. The only part that through me off was how disengaged the interviewer (hiring manager) was with her body language. Although the conversation was fairly normal and fluid, she never really looked at me. Her body was twisted away from me, she spent the entire time fidgeting with a desktop toy. She said they would be making a decision in two weeks. I took six weeks for a response. I was advised during the interview that everything takes longer than expected with it comes to HR, so it was not too much of a surprise.

Interview Question – I was given a complex claim issue and was asked to map out the steps and resources I would use to resolve the specific issue.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I told them during the interview my expected salary, which was within their starting salary.

Teaching Assistant Interview

Teaching Assistant

Interviewed at Johns Hopkins

Interview Details I was recommended to the hiring manager by a previous employee of CTY at Johns Hopkins. And I was ask by the HR to read a paragraph by Chinese to see my accent. Then I was approved and was asked to go to her office for the teaching materials.

Senior Human Resources Assistant Interview

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Johns Hopkins.

Interview Details Two interviews - human resources department and hiring department (usually at two different locations). Complete human resources documentation and in some instances software tests.

Interview Question – Tell me why you would want to work at Johns Hopkins University.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Salary

Senior Research Data Analyst Interview

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Johns Hopkins.

Interview Details Got interviewed by 4 people in the group, pretty friendly, no much pressure.

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation, just a fixed rate.

X-ray Tech Interview

Baltimore, MD (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Johns Hopkins.

Interview Details I had non specific experience and interview was mostly behavior based. They were willing to train the "right person" for the job and the manager in dept came in day after Xmas to interview me since I was home from North Carolina for the holidays.

Interview Question – Tell me about a conflict between you and another employee at work and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much negotiation I got fair market value and at the time in 2005 excellent education reimbursement benefits.

Lab Technician Interview

Lab Technician
Baltimore, MD (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Johns Hopkins in January 2014.

Interview Details first interview was a phone interview 3days after I applied. After successful phone interview was asked for 2nd interview in person. Met with staff and lab directors. Not really asked questions about my previous experience just told how and why they do the work they are doing.

Interview Question – Explain in detail how to do a specific assay and the outcomes.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Johns Hopkins

Worked for Johns Hopkins? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Johns Hopkins interview questions and advice. All 54 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Johns Hopkins employees and interview candidates.