Johnson Controls Interview Questions

Updated 10 Apr 2015

2.8

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Johnson Controls (Manchester, England).

Interview

TUPE transfer

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Protracted, difficult. Constant undermining of existing terms and conditions. Failure to match terms and conditions not provided in JCI.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Johnson Controls (Milwaukee, WI (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied about 3 weeks ago then received an email from the HR that hiring manager wanted to do an in-person interview. Set the appointment through email. Met with 2 people. I actually enjoyed the interview process, both were very nice. I guess the interview process depends on the company and the department you are interviewing with - my interview was to-the-point. NO DRAMA.

Interview Questions

• Basically, they wanted someone who could start the position with minimal training. So, most of the questions were regarding the experience and job description. Two hour long interview and only 2 or 3 personally/behavioral questions.   1 Answer

Senior Internal Auditor Interview

Interview

Met 7 people in a day from morning to late afternoon. Interviewers range from staff auditors to Audit directors. Some focus on soft skills, one interview focused a lot on technical questions, including auditing terms, formulas....

Process Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Johnson Controls.

Interview

There were 3 interviews. The first one was general with an HR representitive and the departments manager. The second one was more in-depth interview with HR, Maintenance, Plant and Central Operations manager. The third interview was shopfloor questions and tests.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave your current job and join JC?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Johnson Controls.

Interview

The phone interview seemed typical. The in person interview was several 1/2 hour meetings that seemed completely unstructured except the interaction with the human resources consultant. I was not given much time at all with the actual hiring leader. I had to follow up post offer to ask questions of the leader about the role from their perspective and their management style.

Interview Questions

The offer did not include all the information needed to make a decision. I had to drive to get information about relocation and benefits.The offer was different than discussed in the interview and was less as an overall compensation package than my current position for a promotional role. There was NO room for negotiation and it seemed like an inconvenience that I asked. The hiring process was not at all like the reputation of the organization as an employer. I really wanted the position based on what I had heard about the company being employee friendly...but the selection process was not candidate friendly or focused.

Entry Level SCM Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Johnson Controls.

Interview

Met the hiring manager at a career fair. Received a call for a face-to-face the following week. The Interview had 3 rotations of 2 people at a time. Supposed to be more, but most people couldn't make it. Some interviewers were nice, but some seemed like they were forced to be there.

Interview Questions

• What motivates you, ethics question, what do you do for fun, leadership question. Mostly straight forward and a lot of overlap of questions between rotations.   Answer Question

AREA SALES MANAGER Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Johnson Controls.

Interview

This was with the power solutions side of the business. Everyone was really nice and they just asked basic questions on my career goals and what i do in my current roll. The one thing I will say is that i applied for this job on December 2nd I didn't get a call for a phone interview until late January so it just takes time..

Interview Questions

• Simple questions. It wasn't scripted and none of the questions started with tell me of a time where....?   Answer Question

Collections Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cypress, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Johnson Controls (Cypress, CA (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

One phone interview and a second interview which was face to face with hiring manager and two of her managers. Phone interview with hiring manager lasted 1 hour and the second lasted 25 minutes. Both times the hiring manager said to call her with any questions and she gave a strong indication that she was very interested. She was very specific explaining when their decision would be made and when the starting day was, but no offer was extended.

Interview Questions

• How would your employer react when you give notice.   Answer Question
    • You manage people in your present position, would you find collections fullfilling?   Answer Question

Advanced Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Johnson Controls (Detroit, MI (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

Went over mostly resume experience ans few questions on quality and concepts. Phone screen had some questions regarding quality tools, usage, sequence and techniques. described the company, the function and responsibilities

Interview Questions

• Cp, Cpk, how do you know a process is not good though numbers look good   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Makati City (Philippines)

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Johnson Controls (Makati City (Philippines)) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied through jobstreet.com. They called me after a day to give my interview schedule. The questions are very simple - they asked about why I chose my course, why should they hire me and why not. They also asked about my responsibilities in my organization. After the first interview, the hiring manager then interviewed me.

Interview Questions

Better offer in another company