Johnson Controls Interview Questions

2.9

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Johnson Controls.

TUPE transfer

Interview Questions
    Protracted, difficult. Constant undermining of existing terms and conditions. Failure to match terms and conditions not provided in JCI.

GET Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Johnson Controls.

Phone interview was easy.
    LAter on was called for further one on one technical interview.
    It was quiet unaware about technical interview,
    Interview consisted of basic questions.
    One must have strong basics.
    A good experience
    Good enviornment

Accounts Payable Representative II Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Johnson Controls.

The hiring process is very slow. I interviewed with them and there was a 3 week lag time until I got a call back regarding the offer. From there, I accepted and there was another 3 week process to let me know when I started. Additionally, there was a month in between the time I filled out the application and when I got a call back.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, WI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, WI (US)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Johnson Controls.

They had me give a powerpoint presentation about my past engineering work. Precarious task considering most of what i have ever engineered is done with very strict confidentiality agreements.

They also try and assess your creativity and eng knowledge to some extent by putting you on the spot. It is somewhat like being grilled in front of a Graduate Review board when you get your MS or Phd. They don't try to learn about you as a person so much as assess your robotic and calculative potential. I am an intelligent and effective engineer, but not always an eloquent speaker and I believe that worked against me a bit. I feel like they want only valedictorian / deans list types here. I found the process quite disappointing, and learned little about any one that interviewed me or the true workings of the company. They skim over answering questions asked by candidates. Overall a bizarre and ineffective interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a specific situation in which you failed, and how did you move forward?   Answer Question
    • Sketch / brainstorm 5 different possible solutions to this design problem. They give you some parameters and constraints...   View Answer
    • How do you deal with ambiguity in requirements designing a component or product?   Answer Question

Had high hopes, $$$ was awesome, but I did not have a warm feeling at all from the interview process. Also their CEO Mr. Molinaroli... Read the news. That is all I will mention about that. Lack of Ethical values at the top are a big red flag for me.

OE Customer Engineering Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Johnson Controls.

First had a phone interview. Then had a panel interview with manager and two other people on the team. No questions out of the ordinary and was all behavioral. Followed by a background check and drug test.

Human Resources Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Johnson Controls.

Submitted resume on Career site and got a phone screen set up for the same week. Asked me to tell me about myself and then explained what I would be doing at the internship. Was expecting to progress to an in person interview with the Hiring manager but instead was hired in about a week after the phone screen. Pleasant experience.

No negotiation. $17.50 for a part-time college internship is very nice therefore negotiation is not needed.

HFM Lead Interview

The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Johnson Controls.

Total 3 phone and 3 on site interviews
    I am not satisfied by the final assumptions they made on my behalf

The position label should be HFM analyst and not HFM Lead Architect

Software Engineer Interview

Interview process is quick,
    1 round - Technical (easy, just to verify you eligible )
    2 round - Technical (average, focus on JD)
    3 round - Technical (average, mostly about performance, security)
    4 round - Technical (focus on architecture , design pattern)

Finance Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Johnson Controls.

The hiring and interview process went well. I had a 20 minute interview in person with two supervisors. Johnson Controls is very eager to continue to bring in new talent from College at all ages. If you are thinking about applying for a position, know that once you are brought onto Johnson Controls, you are golden. Two months in I was already meeting with my recruiter talking about my plans for the following year and where I would like to be in the company.

Staff Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Johnson Controls in September 2014.

The panel conducting the interview was not informed that an interview had been scheduled. Plant tour conducted. Phone and face to face Interview process was quick and easy. Final interview with hiring manager ran 20 minutes into his next meeting and he left abruptly (late).