KLA-Tencor Applications Engineer Interview Questions

2.9

32 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY (US)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY (US)

I applied online – interviewed at KLA-Tencor in October 2013.

Apply on line. Phone interview thaks 30min. Waiting for on-site.

Other Interview Reviews for KLA-Tencor

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at KLA-Tencor in October 2013.

Telephonic rounds 2-3(Technical, Problem Solving, Analytic), Face to face interview.

Interview Questions
    • If a 10 kgs silver ball and a 1000 kgs silver ball is dropped from a height of 2 kms which will touch the floor first ?   View Answers (3)

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malta, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malta, NY (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at KLA-Tencor in June 2013.

Recruiter contacted me via linkedin who directed me to apply online for a relevant position. Within a week I was invited for an onsite interview at Malta, NY. There was no reimbursement as I was just two hours away. The interview questions were not at all technical. The atmosphere amongst the team members looked quite good but the interview questions were totally HR related.

Interview Questions
    • Fill the room with basketballs?   Answer Question
    • What do strategy and tactical mean to you?   Answer Question
    • How many states are in the US and if I tell you to get rid of one state, what will be your criteria?   View Answer

Applications Engineer Interview

I have mailed my CV to the recruiter. After about a month I got a call to fix a telephonic interview with the application manager from US.

Applications Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at KLA-Tencor in April 2013.

Algorithm testing round, 2 HR rounds, Presentation round, 2 Technical rounds, one video conference round.

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

I applied online – interviewed at KLA-Tencor in January 2013.

I got a phone call the other after I submitted my resume on their website. Asked me a few general questions like relocation preference. Told me another phone interview from application manager will be arranged in next two weeks. Very excited!

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at KLA-Tencor in December 2012.

Applied through Campus Jab Fair.
    Few weeks later, did phone interview (typical questions)
    Two weeks later, did on-site interview

Interview Questions
    • 1 minute impromptu speech with a choice of a picture from a bundle of pictures.   View Answer

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at KLA-Tencor.

Career Fair: Here you hand in your resume and have a chat with representatives about opportunities that would suit you and how the company works
    Information Session: Here an official overview about the company is provided and then you can hand in resumes, have in-depth conversations with experienced employees
    On-Campus Interview: If shortlisted, you are invited for a reasonably rigorous, tech+behavioral on-campus interview
    On-Site Interview: 2-4 candidates are selected for each job to come on site and have a rigorous day of interviewing with team members

Interview Questions
    • Tech question on edge detection in an image:
      Here is an image from an optical/SEM tool. The objective is to use this as a reference to compare with other images and find a match. What technique would you use?
        View Answer

Applications Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at KLA-Tencor in September 2012.

3 rounds of telephonic interviewing with one dept. and 2 rounds with another. Was shortlisted in both and was called on-site. The interviews and written tests lasted a whole day. It was very tiresome, as I expected.
    Lost out in the round before the final round. Written tests were based on Image Processing.
    1-1 Interviews were based on your answers in the written tests.

Applications Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at KLA-Tencor in July 2012.

Mainly about my project a work experience?How i will handle stress