KPMG

Getting the Interview

33 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Advisory Associate

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at KPMG.

Interview Details Online application form, numerical & verbal reasoning tests, e-tray exercise. I assume after these come the typical assessment centre with face-to-face interviews, group interviews, and more complex psychometric tests.

Advisory Associate Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at KPMG in May 2013.

Interview Details I was recruited out of school. It was the most straight forward process ever. They just ask you to sign up, come ot the office, and interview with two people. The only thing that did not work well was that they have a very extensive background check. They found an offense on my record that was a civil ordanance; this was a month before I started. They made me explain the offence and then was told that I could possibly lose my offer.

Interview Question – Name a time where you had to deal with a teammate that was not doing his job   Answer Question

Washington, DC (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at KPMG in October 2010.

Interview Details I was hired through campus hiring. This consisted of the following steps
1. Submitting Resume for On Campus Interview
2. First round of interviews On Campus with a partner
3. Invitation for Office interviews.
4. Pre-interview dinner with partners and managers
5. 3-4 Office interviews with Partners and Managers
6. Wait until you hear the word!

Interview Question – The interviews are almost completely behavioral, and very basic business interview questions. They mostly wanted to see if I was generally competent/intelligent, and pleasant to be around.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. All new hires came in on the same salary.

Advisory Associate

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at KPMG.

Interview Details Interviewed with the Federal Practice. I interviewed with HR staff and then senior management. Everyone was very nice and the interviews were straightforward. I was mostly asked questions about my understanding of the industry. No case studies, etc., they were more interested in my background and my ability to contribute to the work that they were currently doing. Some behavioral questions - greatest strength, how do you handle a difficult client, etc.

Interview Question – None - wasn't a difficult interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Tiny bit of room for negotiation, but don't make ridiculous demands, as you typically need KPMG more than they need you.

Interviewed at KPMG

Interview Details First contacted by campus recruiter. Following those conversations, a 1 hour phone interview with a Manager. Didn't hear anything for 2 weeks, then was invited to an office interview. The visit lasted for the morning. 3 interview - 2 directors and 1 managing director, each about 1/2 hour, followed by lunch with staff.

Interview Question – How many gallons of gas are in cars in the US?   Answer Question

Advisory Associate

I applied through college or university and interviewed at KPMG.

Interview Details There were 2 rounds for hiring process. The 1st round interview was short 30 minute interview. The questions were mostly behavioral and asked questions about my experiences on my resume. Before the interview, there was pre-interview session at a local restaurant/ bar. I really disliked it because it was very unorganized and it was very hard to find your interviewer.

Interview Question – If you are asked to improve efficiency of a department, what steps would take?   Answer Question

Interviewed at KPMG

Interview Details Two rounds of interviews with multiple people from various groups. If on campus recruiting, the meet and greet sessions are meant to be informal and provide an opportunity to network to get a better feel of the firm, practices, etc.

Standard interview questions: tell me about yourself/walk me through your resume, why do you want to work for KPMG, behavioral questions, etc

Interview Question – Tell me about a time in which there was direct conflict with your manager/supervisor and how you managed the situation.   Answer Question

Advisory Associate

I interviewed at KPMG in October 2013.

Interview Details I was scheduled to interview at the "Inside Look" program they held over a two day span (Th/F). After checking in to the hotel, I waited (somewhat awkwardly) in the lobby with the rest of the interviewees (none of us were sure if we were in the right spot, but we figured the company would notice if 20+ candidates were missing) until representatives from the company showed up. We were taken on a tour of the office, and were then provided with snacks, drinks, and a chance to mingle with current KPMG employees.

After the mingling was finished (it lasted about an hour), we were taken to dinner at a snazzy restaurant, where we were able to continue speaking with KPMG employees (as well as other candidates) that were in our relative fields (i.e. MC Technology, Tax, Audit, Strategies & Operations, etc). When the meal was finished we were taken back to the hotel and had the evening to ourselves.

The following morning we were taken to the office for breakfast, an informative session, some Q&A, and of course, the interviews. I only had two 30 minute interviews, but candidates claimed to have had different experiences depending on what area they were looking into. The interviews were followed by more Q&A, and then by a few closing statements.

Interview Question – Give me a two minute summary about yourself...   View Answer

New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at KPMG in October 2013.

Interview Details I applied through my university's on-campus recruitment portal. About a week later, I was notified that I had been selected for a first round interview on campus. At the interview I met with one partner who was in the division that I was applying to.

Then, almost exactly a week after the first interview, I was invited to the "Inside Look" day, which is their second round interview day. For the second round, KPMG flew me to NYC and put us in a really nice hotel, very close to the office. We went to dinner with a few current associates, the night before the interview, and then to lunch with more associates during the "Inside Look" program. Those were my favorite parts of the process, since it was great to be able to ask associates around my own age and experience level, specifics about their jobs and experiences, and really learn about the culture and positions.

Two weeks after the second round interviews, the recruiter I first met on campus called and offered me a position!

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected. I only met with two interviewers on the second round day, which was fewer than I had anticipated. Overall, the day was actually fun, and pretty relaxed!   Answer Question

Advisory Associate

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at KPMG.

Interview Details I came in for a campus interview introduce myself and my interviewee asked me behavior questions?

Interview Question – Describe a time where you went above and beyond?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at KPMG

Worked for KPMG? Contribute to the Community!

KPMG Videos

KPMG – Why Work for Us?

Careers with KPMG From career development to global opportunities, KPMG helps connect you to a variety of ways to build the career you've always wanted. You've worked hard. You've planned well. You've developed your… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at KPMG Advisory Associate interview questions and advice. All 33 interview reviews posted anonymously by KPMG employees and interview candidates.