KPMG

Getting the Interview

49 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Tax Associate Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at KPMG.

Interview Details 1) online application form with basic questions. 2) verbal and numerical reasoning tests. 3) telephone competency interview with manager. 4) assessment centre: retest of verbal test, in-tray, summarizing exercise, role plays. 5) partner interview at office location

Interview Question – Tell me of a time when you've disappointed someone   Answer Question

Dallas, TX (US)

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at KPMG in December 2011.

Interview Details Recruiter called me one phone interview, one in office and then comp discussion

Interview Question – How have you dealt with difficult people in the past?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiate for the entry salary if you can

San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at KPMG in August 2011.

Interview Details Met with associates and senior associates for lunch, and had behavioral interviews with partners and managers. They were all friendly and are looking for three things: Do you want to work in Tax? Are you going to fit in? and... Are you going to work hard?

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you were a leader in something...   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

New York, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at KPMG in August 2013.

Interview Details Everyone involved was warm and welcoming. The interview process was more greared to determine if your personality is a fit with the practice and technical questions were asked but very high level.

Interview Question – None. It was pretty straight forward. No surprises, no gimmicks, scripts, ect.. It was a conversation and not a Q&A.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Brief. No room for negotiation.

Interviewed at KPMG

Interview Details Submit resume to a Human Resources person, for his or her review. Then she'll hook you up with a Partner for a phone / face-to-face interview, which typically does not take very long. Most interview questions were personal / career-related (nothing technical of any nature). Typically, if the Partner likes speaking with you, that's it.

Interview Question – Why should I hire you instead of an LLM graduate? Why should I sponsor you a visa?   View Answer

New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at KPMG in September 2013.

Interview Details through careers office at school. Resume submission and interview with Manager. Asked expected questions, such as Why KPMG? Why International Tax?

Interview Question – He draw an international transaction and asked to explain the tax consequences for the U.S. corporation. Then changed to U.S. partnership.   View Answer

Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at KPMG in October 2013.

Interview Details 1st interview was behavioural based and quite generic. 2nd interview really depends on the partner and managers you get paired up with. Expect the typical questions such as why kpmg, why tax, why cpa, tell me about yourself. My interviewers went over my resume and asked questions here and there.

Interview Question – Why KPMG, why tax, why CPA.   Answer Question

New York, NY (US)

I interviewed at KPMG in October 2013.

Interview Details applied on campus recruiting and got informed of interview two days of the interview day and had over the phone i

Interview Question – What would you do if you get chanllenged by your team member? What is your teamwork experioence   Answer Question

Tax Associate

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at KPMG.

Interview Details Applied through the campus career center website as well as the official KPMG website. Had a first round interview on campus and was notified within a few days that I had been selected for a second round interview in office. The in-office interviews were more challenging than the first round on campus interview, but nothing too unbearable. Overall it was a very pleasant process.

Interview Question – it was something about describing a time when you had to make a work/life balance decision and what was complicated about it.   Answer Question

Short Hills, NJ (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at KPMG in October 2013.

Interview Details I got contacted by the Recruiter Director over the phone to check in my availability to be considered for an Associate Expatriate position (even though I applied online for that position!). She then sent me details for an office interview with the team members of the International Tax Group. The interview lasted 2 and a half hours and was with 5 people of the team. All of them very nice and they explained all the details about the Groups, what I would be doing if hired and the interview was more conversational rather than asking me specific questions. I got a good vibe after leaving the office. However after 4 weeks of follow ups and getting no answer the HR person finally informed me that they were not going to pursue any more conversations at that time. One day after the job was reposted on kpmg careers website. Short Hills office is not the office you want to apply to. Very unprofessional and lack of feedback and courtesy to candidates.

Interview Question – No difficult questions at all. All the interview was friendly and conversational.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at KPMG

Worked for KPMG? Contribute to the Community!

KPMG Videos

KPMG – Why Work for Us?

Careers with KPMG From career development to global opportunities, KPMG helps connect you to a variety of ways to build the career you've always wanted. You've worked hard. You've planned well. You've developed your… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at KPMG Tax Associate interview questions and advice. All 49 interview reviews posted anonymously by KPMG employees and interview candidates.