KPMG US Associate Interview Questions & Reviews

50 interviews

50 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England
Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in March 2009.

You go through a 3-4 round process, meeting 2-3 people at each round. In the end you see the whole team, from junior members to the partner. No specific exercice/case study has been set so far, but some team members will ask classic corporate finance questions (WACC, valuation multiples, etc). Track record is really important as you will have almost as many responsibilities as a manager if you are hired as an associate.

Interview Questions
  • Really depends on the person and his/her mood. You may hardly ever get brain teasers but this is very rare. It is more about confidence / personnality, beside technical skills   Answer Question
I managed to negotiate a slightly higher fix salary, as there is a consideration scale based on the rank of your university and the number of years you have been working. But there is no big latitude.

Other Interview Reviews for KPMG US

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in October 2011.

Had an on-campus interview followed by two rounds of interviews at the Atlanta office. The first round occurred after I applied through my campus recruiting office and the company came to the career center to interview candidates. This was the most difficult phase. The office interviews were more personality based and served as an opportunity for the candidate to interview the firm.

Interview Questions
    • Give a description of when ethics played a large role in a key decision.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Boston, MA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in October 2011.

Submitted resume through OCR. First round was an on campus interview with an alum, all behavioral questions. The second round took place a week later on site. I interviewed with 3 people within the group, had lunch with the team and other interviewees. Decision was made later within the same day.

Associate Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US.

Recruiter reached out to me for initial phone interview. Everything went well and then she never got back in touch with me again. Followed up by email twice, two weeks apart, and still never received any response or acknowledgement.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at KPMG US in February 2014.

Personnel interview held for 20 min and questions were fundamentals of finance and accounts. Introduced my self at the beginning interviewer asked me to share my professional accomplishment and i shared at my best

Interview Questions
    • Professional accomplishment explaination and knowledge   Answer Question

Associate Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at KPMG US.

Initial Communication was from KPMG recruiting. The recruiter was the liaison between me and the hiring partner. The recruiter's job was to sell me to the partner and to prep me for the interview. It was an enjoyable experience.

Negotiations did not take place.

Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in April 2014.

Had one phone interview and then two in person interviews. Most of the questions were job related. Didn't have too many standard "interview" questions. Had to submit a online application and once I did the proces was able to continue. Received offer letter a week after my last interview.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't too many difficult questions that threw me off.   Answer Question
    Didnt have to negotiate. Offer was want I wanted.

Associate Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US.

meet with senior manager and partener

Associate Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at KPMG US.

On campus interview
    Two interviewers
    Got the interview even though I was not in accounting

when asked if i was interested in accounting i said "if you want me to be"

i was young and desperate for the job

needless to say i didnt get it

the women were lovely and great conversationalists

great experience

Associate Interview

45 minute phone interview with a director. Got approved to fly out to the office. For 2 30 minute interviews with directors followed by a lunch with some senior associates. Interview was mostly behavioral based. I ended up asking more questions about themselves the firm and the job than they actually asked me.

Interview Questions

Worked for KPMG US? Contribute to the Community!