KPMG US

Average Difficulty
49 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

London, England

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in March 2009.

Interview Details You go through a 3-4 round process, meeting 2-3 people at each round. In the end you see the whole team, from junior members to the partner. No specific exercice/case study has been set so far, but some team members will ask classic corporate finance questions (WACC, valuation multiples, etc). Track record is really important as you will have almost as many responsibilities as a manager if you are hired as an associate.

Interview Question – Really depends on the person and his/her mood. You may hardly ever get brain teasers but this is very rare. It is more about confidence / personnality, beside technical skills   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I managed to negotiate a slightly higher fix salary, as there is a consideration scale based on the rank of your university and the number of years you have been working. But there is no big latitude.

Boston, MA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in October 2011.

Interview Details Submitted resume through OCR. First round was an on campus interview with an alum, all behavioral questions. The second round took place a week later on site. I interviewed with 3 people within the group, had lunch with the team and other interviewees. Decision was made later within the same day.

Interview Question – What makes you want to work in transfer pricing?   Answer Question

Associate

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US.

Interview Details Recruiter reached out to me for initial phone interview. Everything went well and then she never got back in touch with me again. Followed up by email twice, two weeks apart, and still never received any response or acknowledgement.

Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at KPMG US in February 2014.

Interview Details Personnel interview held for 20 min and questions were fundamentals of finance and accounts. Introduced my self at the beginning interviewer asked me to share my professional accomplishment and i shared at my best

Interview Question – Professional accomplishment explaination and knowledge   Answer Question

Associate

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at KPMG US.

Interview Details Initial Communication was from KPMG recruiting. The recruiter was the liaison between me and the hiring partner. The recruiter's job was to sell me to the partner and to prep me for the interview. It was an enjoyable experience.

Negotiation Details – Negotiations did not take place.

Associate

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in April 2014.

Interview Details Had one phone interview and then two in person interviews. Most of the questions were job related. Didn't have too many standard "interview" questions. Had to submit a online application and once I did the proces was able to continue. Received offer letter a week after my last interview.

Interview Question – There wasn't too many difficult questions that threw me off.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Didnt have to negotiate. Offer was want I wanted.

Associate

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US.

Interview Details meet with senior manager and partener

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected   Answer Question

Associate

I applied through college or university and interviewed at KPMG US.

Interview Details On campus interview
Two interviewers
Got the interview even though I was not in accounting

when asked if i was interested in accounting i said "if you want me to be"

i was young and desperate for the job

needless to say i didnt get it

the women were lovely and great conversationalists

great experience

Interview Question – Why do you want to be an accountant   View Answer

Interviewed at KPMG US

Interview Details 45 minute phone interview with a director. Got approved to fly out to the office. For 2 30 minute interviews with directors followed by a lunch with some senior associates. Interview was mostly behavioral based. I ended up asking more questions about themselves the firm and the job than they actually asked me.

Interview Question – Summarize yourself in 2 minutes   Answer Question

Petaling Jaya (Malaysia)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US.

Interview Details Very quick. Online tests and essay needs to be done .

Interview Question – What is your passion   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations

Worked for KPMG US? Contribute to the Community!