KPMG US

Updated 1 Dec 2014

2.7

95 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at KPMG US in June 2008.

After submitting my online application, I got a phone call from the HR department. We agreed on an interview the next week. The interview mainly consisted of small talk, there was no such thing as a case study or elaborate questions on my professional background. I got the offer for an internship right after the interview.

Other Interview Reviews for KPMG US

Intern Interview

Through campus career fair, and after almost one week, i have an interview on campus. I think the reciter is a senior manager. he looked nice, and the conversation was good. btw this was my first interview ever, so i was quite nervous

Interview Questions
    • Just behavior or resume based questions, nothing difficult or special   Answer Question

Intern Interview

basically went through my resume, talked about their department, then left half of time let me ask them questions. we also talked about hobbies, trying to figure out our common. overall, it was a very pleasant experience, really enjoyed.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US.

The hiring process was pretty straight forward and happened pretty quickly. I went to a job fair on campus and was contacted for an on-campus interview. After this, I was invited to an interview in the office. This interview consisted of 2 managers and they were pretty laid-back about the process. They asked a few behavioral questions but it was not too stressful at all. The interview ended with a dinner reception.

Interview Questions
    • When was a time you were faced with an ethical dilemma and what was your response?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at KPMG US.

On-Campus recruiting, phone interview, office visit. Everybody is super nice, friendly and helpful. Communication was great and fast from the beginning. They put a lot of effort and planning into their office visits and you don't feel like just another candidate. It feels like everybody in the company is involved in recruiting and you meet tons of professional from Associate to Partner throughout the recruiting process.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at KPMG US.

The interview process was pretty easy. Had a coffee initially with someone from the office then a couple days later had two behavioral interviews back to back with two higher-ups from the office I was going to be working in. They vet you as a candidate beforehand so these interviews seemed to simply be a way to get to know you and your personality.

Interview Questions
    • Typical questions. When did you have to lead a team through a tough situation? When were you faced with an issue with your boss?   Answer Question
    I was an intern so I'm pretty sure negotiating was out of the question.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at KPMG US.

Went through campus recruiting and got accepted to interview on campus. Very simple. There was a pre-interview reception with a lot of employees and recruits. This was a good way to meet the young professionals and partners. Before the interview they had interviewees decorate pumpkins. Do whatever activity they have waiting for you.

Interview Questions
    • Teach me about something. Interviewers husband was interested in buying puts/calls on Apple stock, what should he do?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at KPMG US.

I went for an Interview at KPMG through my school's career website. I sent in my resume and cover letter, and a couple weeks later, I got a reply for an interview on my campus. The day before the interview, I was invited to a KPMG social gathering for all the students applying to meet some KPMG employees. The environment was super laid back and very comfortable. I was able to meet a lot of the employees and current interns that gave a lot of great advice and information about the company.
    The next day, I went in for the interview. The interviewer was a manager working at KPMG, not an experienced recruiter. The interview was very laid back, just like the social from the previous night. Rather than a question and answer session, it was more of a conversation and a time to get to know each other. There were many times where we were laughing and talking about his current clients.

Interview Questions
    • When was a time you came across a conflict? How do you deal with stress?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US.

I talked to few recruiters during Meet the Firms, then applied through our career website. Few days later I was invited for the on-campus interviews, then was called in two days for an invite to the office for another rounds of interviews. The office interview will take place two weeks after the first interviews, and there will be a welcome reception the night before.

Interview Questions
    • What differentiates you from other candidates? Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at KPMG US in October 2014.

Biggest struggle when working with a group? Biggest weakness/ strength? Make sure you come prepared with many group work and team work situations, show your leadership, etc. Be confident, make eye contact, make sure to have questions to ask.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly asked many behavioral and group/team work questions.   Answer Question