KPMG US

Average Difficulty
78 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern

The process took a day - interviewed at KPMG US in June 2008.

Interview Details After submitting my online application, I got a phone call from the HR department. We agreed on an interview the next week. The interview mainly consisted of small talk, there was no such thing as a case study or elaborate questions on my professional background. I got the offer for an internship right after the interview.

Interview Question – What are your strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question

Intern

I applied online - interviewed at KPMG US in March 2014.

Interview Details As part of the hiring process, I had one phone screen and 2 interviews. It was pretty straight forward and they just wanted to see how you might fit in a team situation.

Interview Question – What would you do if you were stuck on an island?   Answer Question

Dallas, TX (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at KPMG US in April 2014.

Interview Details Met recruiters at career fair and applied online at KPMG's site. Received an on-campus interview and was invited to a pre-interview dinner the night before. Met very outgoing, personable KPMG professionals. On-campus interview was for 30 minutes with a partner of the Dallas office. Felt more like a conversation and less like an interview. Head back within a week or so with an offer to visit the office. Between the interview and the office visit, there were several social outings with the company where I met more professionals from the Dallas office and some current interns.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had a conflict and how you dealt with the problem   Answer Question

Interview Details HR interview and Group discussion

Interview Question – Based on a textbook of a business case of location choices of offices to discuss   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no room for negotiation

Interviewed at KPMG US

Interview Details Very simple. Somewhat relaxed and fun.

Interview Question – How would you deal with the following situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – N/A

Intern

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at KPMG US.

Interview Details Was called in to come for a one-on-one interview that was basically competency-based.

Interview Question – The questions were very basic: why do you feel you are the best candidate for this position   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

New York, NY (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in February 2014.

Interview Details I met a recruiter who then passed on my information to HR. I received a call about 6 months after meeting the recruiter at a career fair. She asked if I would meet the academic requirements and a quick and professional hiring process occurred for the next month.

Interview Question – The second interviewer on my in person interview asked very concise questions that were technical. Like please describe your involvement in X. When I mentioned some of the techniques that were used in X he asked everything regarding who what where when and why surrounding X.   View Answer

Interviewed at KPMG US

Interview Details - Psychometric testing (verbal, numeric)
- 2 x phone interviews
- Assessment centre - group activities, letter writing, partner interview
- 1 on 1 partner interview - strengths, weaknesses, fit for firm.

Interview Question – - What makes you think you deserve a position at our firm?   Answer Question

Detroit, MI (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at KPMG US in May 2012.

Interview Details Received an interview offer after participating in the Discover KPMG program. The Discover program provided an opportunity to meet potential coworkers and get a feel for the office culture.

Interview Question – Majority of interview questions were behavioral.   Answer Question

Moscow (Russia)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at KPMG US in August 2011.

Interview Details Interview process for Intern position in audit department is quite simple and straightforward. You need to be prepared for standard fit questions in the first round interview with HR and simple accounting questions in the second (with department representative). There is a huge need in additional hands during busy season and general requirements are not strong enough thus you have to be hired if you really want to.

Interview Question – Tell the name of some accounts in Russian Accounting Standards   Answer Question

Worked for KPMG US? Contribute to the Community!