KPMG US

Relevance Date Difficulty

Graduate Programming Interview

Graduate Programming

Interviewed at KPMG US

Interview Details Telephone interview.
There are a few qualities that we're looking for during your interview. So, to give you the best chance of success and help you prepare, we recommend bearing these in mind:

- Delivers quality
- Awareness of and seizes business opportunities
- Resilience
- Career motivation
- Makes an impact

Interview Question – What is the best company in the world and why? challange?   Answer Question

Operations Interview

Operations

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in October 2013.

Interview Details Internal Hire so easier process - 1:1 and phone interview
All submissions go online after posting a CV.
You are then contacted by the hiring manager to set up a convenient interview date.

Interview Question – None that I can recall   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was little negogiation needed

Audit Graduate Scheme Interview

Audit Graduate Scheme
Edinburgh, Scotland

I applied online and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in June 2014.

Interview Details I applied online and was contacted for scans of my qualifications. Once those were verified, I took the online math, verbal and situational judgement tests. (The math one is very hard, prepare for it!) I was notified that I had passed and what my percentage was against other candidates.

I then had a telephone interview which lasted about an hour. I was notified very quickly afterwards that I had passed, and KPMG arranged for me to travel to London for an Assessment Centre early the next week. (I live in Edinburgh - they put my up in a hotel, paid for meals and travel.) The AC was intense but enjoyable, good opportunity to meet other applicants without competitiveness, KPMG staff were very friendly and sought feedback about the process. AC included a verbal re-test, 1 hour to read about a company and write a report with recommendations,

Once I was back home I received word that I'd passed the AC, and an interview with a Partner was arranged. The Partner I spoke with was very friendly, and although I was being assessed it was clear that the final interview was just as much about giving me a feel for the firm, letting me see the office, ask questions, etc. I got a call from her two days later to say I would be made an offer - really appreciated a Partner taking the time.

All the way through, KPMG were very respectful of my time, open about the process, and as helpful as possible. Best interview process I've had. (And I've been working for a few years since graduating.) There are a lot of great resources here, on WikiJob and on the KPMG site to help. They want you to get through. If you pass the tests and put enough work into the process, you will get the job.

Interview Question – Please talk about a wider business issue which you think will be affecting multiple industries in the upcoming years.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was not given the opportunity to negotiate.

Audit Assistant Manager Interview

Audit Assistant Manager
Belfast, Northern Ireland

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at KPMG US in June 2014.

Interview Details It was with a Senior Manager. General competency questions then a run through my experience. Was quite informal. Then asked question on what are the current issues in Audit and the Economy in General.

Interview Question – Tell me a about a time you had to discipline some one.   Answer Question

Actuarial Intern Interview

Actuarial Intern

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at KPMG US.

Interview Details Difficult telephone interview asking tricky questions and not what I expected when compared to other interviews. They wanted to know less about you as a person and more just what business news you could regurgitate.

Interview Question – Name a company that has expanded successfully internationally and why?   Answer Question

Graduate Programmer Interview

Graduate Programmer

I applied online and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US.

Interview Details Online application, online tests (numerical, verbal reasoning, situational judgement), telephone interview (commercial awareness, situational questions, career motivation, company/role knowledge), assessment centre (e-tray exercises, mock client & manager meetings), partner interview (Including 10 minute presentation)

Interview Question – I was asked a lot about customer service, which was unexpected as it's not a customer service role, but I guess questions could relate to how you view/treat clients.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
London, England

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at KPMG US in May 2014.

Interview Details Initial communication with a recruitment agency, I receive a call from headhunter and after long conversation, I was sent a job spec. I sent my CV and receive an invitation for the first 1:1 interview after preliminary telephone interview. I was told that it should be a three fold interview process. I had only first interview. My first interview was with a team leader, friendly atmosphere, nice office.

Interview Question – That was quite a few of technical questions related to IT projects I've done previously, but quite difficult question was - What is the best constructive criticism you’ve ever received? Why?   Answer Question

Audit Interview

Audit

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in March 2014.

Interview Details One hour tele interview with people who work in the department rather than HR. Competency based interview. Normal question, such as why kpmg, why audit, describe an excellent customer experience, challenge come across, company perform well and why. Two Situational questions.

Interview Question – Most challenge thing you come cross in the past 2-3 years   Answer Question

Executive Advisor Interview

Executive Advisor
London, England

I applied in-person and the process took 3 months - interviewed at KPMG US.

Interview Details First interview, usually face to face with managers or senior managers. Followed by assessment centre with directors and partners. First interview is an hour, whereas assessment centre took most of the day

Interview Question – Could be anything, partners are interested in if your a good consultant and if you know your stuff. Need to prove yourself   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pretty straight forward, just tell them what you're willing to move for

Vacaction Programmer 2014 - Business Consulting - Risk & Regulation Interview

Vacaction Programmer 2014 - Business Consulting - Risk & Regulation

Interviewed at KPMG US

Interview Details Online application with competency questions followed by phone interview. Lasted about 45 minutes - Questions were mostly as expected. Covered the following competencies: Career Motivation, Delivers Quality, Awareness of Business Opportunities, Makes an Impact and Resilience.

Interview Question – Name a business that has recently gone global and any issues they had when going global.   Answer Question

Worked for KPMG US? Contribute to the Community!