KPMG US Senior Associate Interview Questions & Reviews

2.8

35 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England
Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at KPMG US in August 2010.

I went through 2 case studies with 2 associate directors. Both case studies where around profitability with a focus on operations. Both cases required quite a lot of calculus and where average difficulty. The last interview with the partner was typical fit to discuss salary and grade.

Interview Questions
No room for negotiation but made clear to the partner I needed to relocate to London, therefore it required me more money to live in the city

Other Interview Reviews for KPMG US

Senior Associate Interview

Fairly standard 3 round interview - 2 on phone, 1 in person. Spoke with HR, then two directors via telephone. Then in person interview with partner, director, and manager. Whole process took around 3 weeks.

Negotiate sign on

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Clara, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA (US)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at KPMG US in February 2014.

Went to the interview. Pretty standard super day. Met with MDs, VPs, Associates. Was asked several financial questions: Walk me through, DCF, LBO, Accretion dilution model. How do you calculate EV, Equity value. What are the common components of Comparable comps

I had several offers so I was able to negotiate my salary.

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Atlanta, GA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US.

Applied on campus

Interview Questions
    • Nothing special, no behavioral questions. I walked through resume and answered followed up questions: how i did it, what was the difficulty, what was the result..   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in February 2010.

Two to three rounds of interviews that initially start with HR recruiter and two interviewers (manager or partner/director) from the practice group. Great onboarding process that starts with one week of training in the office or out-of-town (out of pocket expenses to be reimbursed by the company).

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself 5 years from now?   View Answer
    The base salary offered is depending on previous employer's salary so there's no room to negotiate. I negotiated for the sign-on bonus due to other offers in big 4.

Senior Associate Interview

interviewed at KPMG US in January 2014.

If you get a call or email from someone in KPMG's South Africa office or the "Recruitment Research" or "EHR Research" group in the U.S., do not waste your time and call them back. In the few times that they've contacted me from this group, the HR person is clueless about the positions they are supposedly recruiting you for. They make it sound like they are taking notes or assisting the official recruiting department. They have no idea what projects they are recruiting for but of course will ask you to provide your salary requirements, etc. It sounds more like they're collecting information for their year end performance assessments (i.e where they're paying their current employees and what the market is currently demanding), KPIs, or whatever HR initiatives under their belt. In my most recent phone call, the recruiter was so unprepared with my own basic questions about the group, role, and what was going on with the company that I felt that I was the one being the interviewer and he was nothing more than a deer in headlights. Useless interviews and wasting candidate's time for their own personal "research" agenda.

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in August 2011.

Application form online. Then 2 interviews. One with an Associate Director or Director and the other with the function partner.

The online application was a bit tedious asking for all your leaving cert results and college results. You do need a min of 450 pts to get in and better to have 500+ or have a masters in accounting

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult was why KPMG and then why accounting. They also put pressure on any areas of academia you haven't been great at.   View Answer
    N/A

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at KPMG US.

Behavioral questions for the most part. People interviewing you want to make sure you are detail oriented, a hard worker and will be a great person to work with. Given than projects can last for many months and you will be working with the same team for long hours, people want to know you can be a team player and get along well with others.

Interview Questions
    • No technical questions for this level position. Be ready to have good examples of interesting projects you worked in the past and examples of when you showed initiative and leadership.   Answer Question
    Asked for a sign in bonus, received a reasonable amount.

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Short Hills, NJ (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Short Hills, NJ (US)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4 months - interviewed at KPMG US in February 2013.

Applied through a referral and got a call from an internal recruiter a month later for a phone interview that lasted 15 minutes. After that initial contact got an Interview date with a partner and a manager. Three months later got a second interview with a Senior Manager and a Director. During all this time never got contacted by a HR Recruiter. Even with Follow Ups and Thank you Emails, the recruiter that works for this office never replied to the emails.

Senior Associate Interview

The hiring process was straight forward. There were 3 interviews with senior management. The interview was at a very high level. There is a lot to take in for a firm that has so many employees.

Interview Questions

Worked for KPMG US? Contribute to the Community!