KPMG US Tax Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jun 18, 2014

2.9

55 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Tax Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at KPMG US.

1) online application form with basic questions. 2) verbal and numerical reasoning tests. 3) telephone competency interview with manager. 4) assessment centre: retest of verbal test, in-tray, summarizing exercise, role plays. 5) partner interview at office location

Other Interview Reviews for KPMG US

Tax Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at KPMG US.

I went through KPMG first round campus interview. It was very straight forward, not very conversational. I was asked about 4-5 behavioral questions and my interviewer wrote down something quickly. I also asked some questions like what's the company's management style.

Interview Questions
    • Show me an example how you over come a learning curve.   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

A recruiter comes to your school, you submit your resume to them. You get an email for an interview if they are interested. You interview with 2-3 managers. If they like you, you hear back within 1-2 weeks. Fill out the job application, wait for them to do a background check, and then get the offer letter with 2 weeks to accept it.

Interview Questions
    • One manager simply asked "tell me about yourself" at the start, and then did not speak again until the half hour was up, and simply ended with "thank you".   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at KPMG US.

Interviews were great. Emphasized more on the person, not their qualifications/past job experience. Questions included things like work-life balance, how to manage handle stress, expectations and questions I had surrounding the type of work that I would be doing.

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in January 2011.

received a call within 5 days of application, online interview, face to face interview and finally see the senior management, the process is long abut people have been nice. HR is quite efficient

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Clara, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 months - interviewed at KPMG US in April 2013.

Meet with recruiters in the campus job fair, and about 1 week later I was invited to the first round interview. I was interviewed with a manager and all behavior questions. After 1 week from the first round interview, I got the opportunity to the second round. I had three 1:1 interviews with either senior managers or partners, had lunch with associates and had a office tour. Nothing unexpected. They are all very nice.

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

I applied through other source. The process took 2 months - interviewed at KPMG US in December 2011.

Recruiter called me one phone interview, one in office and then comp discussion

Interview Questions
    Negotiate for the entry salary if you can

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at KPMG US in August 2011.

Met with associates and senior associates for lunch, and had behavioral interviews with partners and managers. They were all friendly and are looking for three things: Do you want to work in Tax? Are you going to fit in? and... Are you going to work hard?

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you were a leader in something...   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in August 2013.

Everyone involved was warm and welcoming. The interview process was more greared to determine if your personality is a fit with the practice and technical questions were asked but very high level.

Interview Questions
    • None. It was pretty straight forward. No surprises, no gimmicks, scripts, ect.. It was a conversation and not a Q&A.   Answer Question
    Brief. No room for negotiation.

Tax Associate Interview

Submit resume to a Human Resources person, for his or her review. Then she'll hook you up with a Partner for a phone / face-to-face interview, which typically does not take very long. Most interview questions were personal / career-related (nothing technical of any nature). Typically, if the Partner likes speaking with you, that's it.

Interview Questions
    • Why should I hire you instead of an LLM graduate? Why should I sponsor you a visa?   View Answer

Worked for KPMG US? Contribute to the Community!