Kaiser Permanente Interview Questions

Updated 22 Apr 2015

2.9

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

Interview

The interview was a very brief phone interview that lasted about 5-10 minutes. It was pretty casual and asked the generic interview questions, such as about projects I've worked on and what I want to do in the future. After the interview, they emailed me back a couple days later with an offer, but I had to decline for other reasons.

Pharmacy Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Sacramento, CA (US)).

Interview

I was directed to a hotel where I was told to sit in the hallway and wait. After entering the interview room I was directed to two people who ask me a multitude of different questions. It was a pretty comfortable situation and they were very nice. I didn't feel as though I was being interrogated being as though that Is how it feels when more than one person interviews you. The interview was more like a conversation. Aftwe the interview I was told they would be doing call backs within the next couple weeks. It was like hell waiting on the phone call. I had given up as I had waited close to 2 1/2 weeks, even emailing the recruiter to ask if she had heard anything in which she replied no. I had given up hope when I received an email saying thanks but no thanks but I had applied for so many of the same position that I still had a glimmer of hope. I was pleasantly suprisee when I got the call saying I was chosen as a yes!I am just waiting for a call to let me know when I have to come in for the drug test and finalize everything !! Don't give up hope. I had applied for a number of years but more frequently because I got fed up with my current job. My whole family works for kaiser and they could not even get me in. Best advice is don't give up and apply fast as soon as they post the job because they are gone in leat than 5 minutes!

Interview Questions

• How would you handle conflict between you and another Co-worker?
      How would you handle criticism from your manager?
      How did u handle a difficult customer?

Answer Question

APPOINTMENT CLERK Interview

Interview

Applied on a Thursday, received a call Friday to take 4 tests (typing test/business writing/call center simulations/ attitude) practice because if you pass then you go to the interview process. Got first interview on Tuesday, the following week, that was one on one with recruiting lady. She said I would receive a call up to 15 days, but that same day I got a call to go in for a managers interview. Friday I had the interview one on one with the manager. At the end of the interview she said she would call me within the week to let me know if I got the job!
    Starting pay $18.22
    $0.37 more for bilingual

Pharmacy Residency Interview

Interview

The interview process is rather unusual. It consisted of 4 different interviewing groups, and only 2 of them were considered as the the traditional interview sessions. A spontaneous presentation was required as well for the interview session.

Interview Questions

• How did you achieve a personal (non professional ) goal of yours   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

Interview

They sent me an assessment with multiple math questions , after I passed the test , they called me to come in for interview after 3/4 days . I came to the interview and I had another test that had clinical questions and telemetry strip and a 12 lead elf question, after that I finally went in to be interviewed they asked multiple behavioral questions . Now I'm waiting for a response , my interview was today .

Interview Questions

• Name a situation when you were doing something for a patient and it was miss understood ?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't receive an offer her interview was today .

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Oakland, CA (US)).

Interview

Contacted by dept manager for initial phone interview and brought in for face to face meeting the following week. Interviewed with 2 team members, the manager and director. They had a set of questions to ask from and went down the list. Involved scenario questions, strength/weakness questions, and a few technical questions.

APPOINTMENT CLERK Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kaiser Permanente (Anaheim, CA (US)).

Interview

Starts off as a group interview, which you would partner up and learn work history about your partner. Then you would present your partners work history in front of the group. Next exercise you will grab a question out of a bucket and answer in front of the group. If you did well in the group interview, you will then proceed to a one-on-one interview.

Licensed Practical Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

Interview

I applied for the position online, and a couple of days later I got an email for an assessment test to take online. The test is timed. After that, I got a call the same day for an interview that would be scheduled for a week later. The interview lasted about one hour, I had a panel of five people (some are nurses and others professions) ask me questions about past job experiences. The basic interview questions that many jobs ask. KNOW SOMETHING ABOUT THE COMPANY PAST AND PRESENT! THEY LOVE THAT. I believe that set me above all the rest of the candidates and sealed the deal for me! They also asked me clinical situational questions. Also make sure you have basic knowledge of how to do the procedures that match the job description. Make the interview not to be an “interview”. Act like you interviewing them. Be confident going in, and don’t let them know you are shaking in your boots. Just think, it’s now or never. Relax, laugh, smile, and have FUN, and act INTERESTED in the panel and the company as if you known them for years. I knew that same day I had the job but needed confirmation first. Less than a week later I got the call that I got the job, and an offer was made to me, but I needed to pass the background check first. The background check took about a week and a half to complete. The whole process took about one month. Your salary is based upon your years of experience as a LPN in general.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't any negotiation. I was just happy to get the job! They look at my years of experience and went by their pay scale. My starting salary is not bad at all!

Staff Auditor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

Interview

It was a great interview process. i had 3 phone interviews and 1 in person interview. The initial phone interview was with the HR Recruiter followed by 2 other phone interview with the interview panel. The final interview was an in person interview with the hiring manager about 3 weeks after my initial interview.

Medical Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at Kaiser Permanente in April 2015.

Interview

It's a lengthy process, got first call to set up phone interview, you must pass phone interview in order for your information to get sent to the hiring supervisor. Then it's up to them if they want to interview you face to face. I passed the phone interview, They ask generic interview questions, tell me what you did at your previous positions? What is customer service to you? . They wish you luck and encourage you to reapply in case you don't get called in. A week later I heard nothing still, so I gave them a call, the lady told me it's just a waiting game now, it's up to them if they want to bring me in. The very next day I get a call asking to come in for an interview. Interview day comes and get interviewed by RN and Supervisor. They has a list of about 20 questions some usual interview ones, and the other Clinical ones, so know your stuff! They said they were looking to make a decision next week. The very next morning they called me and asked me a few more questions and I was offered the position, best day of my life, aside from when my son was born of course.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No need for negotiations, it's by far the best MA pay in the Central Valley