Kaiser Permanente

Updated 21 Jan 2015
Updated 21 Jan 2015

2.9

Call Center Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vallejo, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vallejo, CA (US)

I applied through other source – interviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

You take a typing speed accuracy test and audio data entry test.
    If you fail you can retake it again in 3 weeks.
    I was hired in 2002 so I'm sure the testing is much different now

Interview Questions
    • How would you answer to someone calling you foul names   Answer Question
    No negotiations

Project Coordinator Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

Hire process took a very long time, several month to be exact. HR was very thorough on background screening, and initial phone interview included a skills test. After which I was invited to a 1:1 interview with the hiring manager. A follow up interview was set up with a panel of leads from the department. Both Interviews itself was conversational, but had many real life scenarios and I was expected to describe my experience or how I would handle a situation.

Interview Questions
    Brief negotiation phase, made one adjustment after which I accepted the offer.

Senior Consulting Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

1. Submitted a cover letter and resume online. 2. Asked for first round interview within 2 weeks. 3. Interview was in-person and two hours in duration, w/ optional webcam if not available in-person. 4. First hour was case study analysis. 5. Second hour was with Department Director and Associate Director. 6. Second round interview is in one month.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

Interview process took one phone call. Employer asked me typical questions (tell me about yourself, why do you want to work for KP). SInce it was an intern position, I don't think it was as high stakes. Relaxed interview process.

When hired, they told me right at the end.

No negotiation

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Kaiser Permanente in January 2015.

This process went quick for me, about a week and a half between first interview (with peers,) second interview with Regional Administrator. Countered initial salary offer and they met me half way.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that something negative happened that was not your fault but it was your responsibility to handle it, how did it turn out?   View Answer

Team Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 7+ monthsinterviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

Contacted 2 months after applying online. Recruiter left a message for me and didn't return my calls until 3 weeks later. When I spoke to the Recruiter she did the phone interview screening and said I would hear back within 2 weeks. 1.5 months later I receive a call for a physical interview. Attended the panel interview and felt very comfortable with the Senior Managers who were very friendly and made the interview more like a conversation. At the end of the interview they set up 4 role playing scenerios to determined my leadership style. I was told I would hear from them in about 2 to 3 weeks as they had 20 more interviews scheduled. 1.5 months later I received and call to set up a group interview for the final candidates. When I attended the group interview it was set up with 4 Managers and 4 final applicants including myself. We were each asked a question and then went on a very detailed tour of the campus. After the tour we met with the Operations Director seperately for about 40 mins each. I was told in 10 business days I would find out the outcome. 47 long days of waiting- I received a call for the Senior Manager offering me the job. 3 weeks later my background check completed and then I was scheduled for my New Hire orientation.

No Negotiation

Licensed Practical Nurse Interview

Received initial phone call 2 weeks after application and online assessment. Had to do an interview with panel of 4 people. Asked questions about how i handled my previous jobs. Challenging but required a lot of thought.

Kitchen Worker Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

phone call for interview then you are scheduled to a group interview by recruiter then there are 1:1 interviews call backs within 2-4 weeks. They look for confident and strong people out of the pack so do your best to shine

Nutrition Partner Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

They called me and interviewed me for 10 mins. I sat down and I didn't really get asked any questions. I pretty much got hired on the spot. The background check took 4 weeks, but other than that, I am very happy to work here

Non negotiable

Financial Analyst Interview

Got email notification from HR within days of applying. Answered basic screening questions, a repeat of screening questions already asked and answered when applying online. Interview appointment was set up pretty quickly and casually. Standard canned interview questions, practically like an online questionnaire (why do you want this job, how do you deal with hostile coworkers, what do you do if your boss's peer wants you to do something...). There was a long quiet period until second round interviews. People seemed generally very nice, but very guarded at the same time, as if they/we were always being recorded or watched.

Interview Questions
    • Estimate annual demand for batteries in the US. A typical Google interview question, like how many golf balls fit in a school bus.   Answer Question

One interviewer said they were constantly fighting with IT to get data access, equipment and software upgrades. And losing.