Kelly Services

2.4

Search & Selection Consultant (Perm) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newcastle upon Tyne, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newcastle upon Tyne, England

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kelly Services in February 2011.

Two stage interview.

First is an informal, polite conversation discussing you, your previous roles, your goals and expectations.

Second stage is a roleplay:

1st Roleplay, you have to pretend to cold call a business and get them to agree to meet you and discuss recruitment needs.

2nd Roleplay, You have to call an arsey candidate to tell them that you'd like to bring them in for an interview.

3rd Roleplay, You pretend you're in a meeting with a prospective client and you have to agree fees and terms.

Final stage is you have to present your business plan of how you intend to increase revenue on your desk and where you will source new business.

Interview Questions
    • If you hate roleplaying, or you're not good at it then they will catch you out.   Answer Question
    Were'nt willing to negotiate

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kelly Services in January 2015.

Recruiters work from home and better communication would help, multiple interview via phone and person.
    First with 2 separate recruiters, then phone, then 2 people and then another with one person.
    Detailed background check and reference verification done prior to position acceptance

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Kelly Services.

3 Interviews in total. Quick but thorough interview process that included an in-depth 2 hour face to face and 2 phone interviews. There was also a personality test which didnt prove to tough. They moved quickly and gave a strong offer.

Interview Questions
    • What are your weaknesses? and How do you try to improve them?   Answer Question
    Smooth,
     the gave a great offer.

Senior Consultant Interview

I've got 2 round interview with a senior recruiter and then a manager on the same day. The interviews were simple, the questions seemed easy but I thought they were tricky. There were some situational interview regarding recruiting that would be super easy if you have experience.

Quality Assistance Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Kelly Services.

How well can you manage to do anything with making sure that everything that you do is done within the right amount of time and to see that it is done accurately.

Data Entry Clerk II Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Kelly Services.

I initially had a quick phone interview with a recruiter. I was asked about my past employment and skills. I was sent a skills test via email. Once she received my test results, an interview and drug test was scheduled for the next day. The environment was really relaxed and the branch was locate inside of the customers building, so it was nice to see where I would be working right off. I was surprised that the interview was going to be conducted out in the open on the office sofa. She went over my resume and asked me about each job listed, education, and my employment gap. The interview was over within 15 minutes. I got to meet with my soon to be boss and even got a tour of my department area.

Claims Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Kelly Services.

I had one short phone interview and a few emails were exchanged. I was hired before I met the recruiter. I received the call on a Monday and was working 8 days later. After the phone interview there was a standard questionnaire online, a drug test, then I went to the office to fill out paperwork

It's a temp job but you can still negotiate a little.

Staffing Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Kelly Services in November 2014.

Interviewed two after a after applying online. Interview went well. It was me and one other person. I told I would here something one way or another by the end of the week. 2 weeks went by before I found out I didn't not get the job. I only found out because I finally talked to the district manager after calling him twice.

Scientific Program Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Kelly Services in October 2014.

I applied online and was contacted by the recruiter who set up the first interview and provided additional information to review. I was asked back for a second interview and told that the job was between me and one other person - since I went first, I believe that the recruiter had more information to provide to the second candidate.

Interview Questions
    • You do not have a biology background, why are you interested in this position and what can you bring to the job?   View Answer

PT Recruiter Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kelly Services.

I was contacted by a recruiter and completed at least 2 online screenings. Had 2 over the phone interviews and 1 face to face with the District Manager, Branch Manager and met most of the local staff.
    I did come back for a follow up interview because one employee wasn't there that day.

Interview Questions
    I was able to negotiate.
    I did get screwed over by the company on a signing bonus. The promise was made by an employee that did not understand the rules of signing bonuses and overstated the amount. I took a little bit of a bath compared to what I was expecting.