Kelly Services

Average Difficulty
189 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Search & Selection Consultant (Perm) Interview

Search & Selection Consultant (Perm)
Newcastle upon Tyne, England

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Kelly Services in February 2011.

Interview Details Two stage interview.

First is an informal, polite conversation discussing you, your previous roles, your goals and expectations.

Second stage is a roleplay:

1st Roleplay, you have to pretend to cold call a business and get them to agree to meet you and discuss recruitment needs.

2nd Roleplay, You have to call an arsey candidate to tell them that you'd like to bring them in for an interview.

3rd Roleplay, You pretend you're in a meeting with a prospective client and you have to agree fees and terms.

Final stage is you have to present your business plan of how you intend to increase revenue on your desk and where you will source new business.

Interview Question – If you hate roleplaying, or you're not good at it then they will catch you out.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Were'nt willing to negotiate

Partnered Staffing Supervisor Interview

Partnered Staffing Supervisor

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Kelly Services in June 2010.

Interview Details Interviewed with three individuals first with the District Manager and then with the two District Operation Managers together. It was all within about a one week time period before I was offered the job.

Interview Question – Did not really have any unexpected questions   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Mechanical Designer Interview

Mechanical Designer

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Kelly Services.

Interview Details The short phone interview came the next day after the online application, and the in-person interview was set up the day after. The interview lasted 15 minutes with questions being read to me. Upon asking what company they were recruiting for, I was told she did not know. Two days later I got a call that my application had been forwarded to a company. The next week I called to follow-up and was told that the position had been filled and that my resume would be kept on file.

Field Service Technician Interview

Field Service Technician

I applied online - interviewed at Kelly Services in July 2014.

Interview Details I applied for a job through Kelly Services and had a horrible experience. I received a call from a recruiter about my resume and she agreed to forward it to the hiring manager. I then received an email from the recruiter with a request to set up a phone interview at a specific time. I replied stating that I was unavailable at that time and asked if a different time would suffice. The reply I got was 'no'. I then emailed back and asked if she could ask the hiring manager what other times were available. I received an email reply with a time and date that the phone interview was scheduled for. Luckily I was available so I was able to do the interview. The hiring manager then scheduled a face to face which I felt went well.

The next day I received an email from Kelly Services stating that the position was now closed. I called the recruiter and asked if that meant I did not get the job and she said it was a general email and the job was still open. She also said I should hear something back within a day or two. A week went by and I did not hear anything so I called the recruiter again and she wasn't there. I sent an email asking about whether or not the position was filled and to this day I have not heard anything. Common courtesy is to let a candidate know whether or not they got the position. This shows very bad business practices on the part of Kelly Services and I would not recommend doing business with them. There are much better temp agencies out the so keep looking.

Interview Question – The interview with the hiring company went well, the communication with Kelly Services was horrendous.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Kelly Services in January 2010.

Interview Details When you go to sign up to be part of Kelly Service job seekers, there are many steps. First you have to fill out an application. After that you have to be interviewed by a staff member. You should call your local Kelly Services office to see if they are only seeing people by appointment. You then have to take tests in whatever skills you want jobs in. They are mainly Word, Powerpoint, Outlook, Typing and Excel. There are other test you may have to take based on their requests.

Interview Question – What type of job you want and the lowest pay you will take.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – You got to accept the job if you want it. If you want higher pay, they will try to get it for you.

Technical Support Specialist Interview

Technical Support Specialist

Interviewed at Kelly Services

Interview Details Test on PC which includes typing and listening and computer skills
Actually there was no formal structure to it other than inquiring what kind of business development I've done in the past, what my growth rate was and what I expected the new role to be.

Interview Question – No difficult question   Answer Question

Online Store Customer Service Representative Interview

Online Store Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Kelly Services in July 2014.

Interview Details I applied for the job and was found eligible to apply duing the preliminary process. After completing the application, I was prompted to select a date to interview. I applied 7/21/2014 and interviewed today, 7/23/2014. The interviewer was very friendly and down to earth which made me feel at ease. I felt like I was talking to a friend. Before the interview was over, she would speak in a way as if I had the job. Ex: Your training class will start xx/xx/2014. I enjoyed the process and gladly accepted!

Interview Question – It was a fairly easy interview. I was asked about a time I went out of my way to provide excellent customer service. There was a very brief scenario where the interviewer played the customer and she just wanted me to simply reply as the agent. For example, Cust: I received my Ipod today but it is the wrong color. Me (agent): "I apologize for the mix up, in order to better assist you, I just need to verify some information to bring up ur account, ok?" We discussed my job history, including what my job duties were, and what responsibilities the position entailed.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The pay is $10/hr plus the opportunity for bonuses, etc. I was ok with that rate. I accepted w/out negotiation

Delivery Vice President Interview

Delivery Vice President
Detroit, MI (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Kelly Services in February 2014.

Interview Details Phone screens with headhunter and HR, then phone interview with hiring mgr, then F2F with 8 folks at HQ. Although it looked like it went well, the end result was to ask if I was interested in a totally different position (which I wasn't). Seems like a very good, midwestern culture and lots of long tenured folks. Sorry it didn't work out.

Interview Question – How to improve retention?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Candy Factory Interview

Candy Factory
Hamilton, ON (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Kelly Services in March 2014.

Interview Details no interview process, had a friend delivered a resume and was called for orientation later in the week. was then fired about 3 weeks later for because the supervisor and i had a supposed disagreement (which never actually occurred). Received no form of training was called one or twice a day for extra shifts, also had to sign a "test" stating i had finished safety training

Interview Question – do you have your social insurance number (surprisingly most people in the group orientation did not)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation whatsoever, working 3-5 days a week on rotating 12 hour shifts

Staffing Supervisor Interview

Staffing Supervisor

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kelly Services.

Interview Details I applied to the job online, and received a call within a few days to set up a face to face interview with the branch manager. I only interviewed with the manager, whom asked me a lot of questions regarding my past team work, customer service skills and ability to meet numbers/metrics/etc.

Interview Question – Tell about a time in which you could not meet a required quota and what you did.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pay was based on past experiences. I was entry level.

Worked for Kelly Services? Contribute to the Community!