Kelly Services Interview Questions

2.4

Search & Selection Consultant (Perm) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newcastle upon Tyne, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newcastle upon Tyne, England

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kelly Services in February 2011.

Two stage interview.

First is an informal, polite conversation discussing you, your previous roles, your goals and expectations.

Second stage is a roleplay:

1st Roleplay, you have to pretend to cold call a business and get them to agree to meet you and discuss recruitment needs.

2nd Roleplay, You have to call an arsey candidate to tell them that you'd like to bring them in for an interview.

3rd Roleplay, You pretend you're in a meeting with a prospective client and you have to agree fees and terms.

Final stage is you have to present your business plan of how you intend to increase revenue on your desk and where you will source new business.

Interview Questions
    • If you hate roleplaying, or you're not good at it then they will catch you out.   Answer Question
    Were'nt willing to negotiate

PT Recruiter Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kelly Services.

I was contacted by a recruiter and completed at least 2 online screenings. Had 2 over the phone interviews and 1 face to face with the District Manager, Branch Manager and met most of the local staff.
    I did come back for a follow up interview because one employee wasn't there that day.

Interview Questions
    I was able to negotiate.
    I did get screwed over by the company on a signing bonus. The promise was made by an employee that did not understand the rules of signing bonuses and overstated the amount. I took a little bit of a bath compared to what I was expecting.

Mechanical Designer Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Kelly Services.

The short phone interview came the next day after the online application, and the in-person interview was set up the day after. The interview lasted 15 minutes with questions being read to me. Upon asking what company they were recruiting for, I was told she did not know. Two days later I got a call that my application had been forwarded to a company. The next week I called to follow-up and was told that the position had been filled and that my resume would be kept on file.

Technical Support Specialist Interview

Test on PC which includes typing and listening and computer skills
    Actually there was no formal structure to it other than inquiring what kind of business development I've done in the past, what my growth rate was and what I expected the new role to be.

Staffing Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kelly Services.

I applied to the job online, and received a call within a few days to set up a face to face interview with the branch manager. I only interviewed with the manager, whom asked me a lot of questions regarding my past team work, customer service skills and ability to meet numbers/metrics/etc.

Interview Questions
    • Tell about a time in which you could not meet a required quota and what you did.   Answer Question
    Pay was based on past experiences. I was entry level.

Field Service Technician Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Kelly Services in July 2014.

I applied for a job through Kelly Services and had a horrible experience. I received a call from a recruiter about my resume and she agreed to forward it to the hiring manager. I then received an email from the recruiter with a request to set up a phone interview at a specific time. I replied stating that I was unavailable at that time and asked if a different time would suffice. The reply I got was 'no'. I then emailed back and asked if she could ask the hiring manager what other times were available. I received an email reply with a time and date that the phone interview was scheduled for. Luckily I was available so I was able to do the interview. The hiring manager then scheduled a face to face which I felt went well.

The next day I received an email from Kelly Services stating that the position was now closed. I called the recruiter and asked if that meant I did not get the job and she said it was a general email and the job was still open. She also said I should hear something back within a day or two. A week went by and I did not hear anything so I called the recruiter again and she wasn't there. I sent an email asking about whether or not the position was filled and to this day I have not heard anything. Common courtesy is to let a candidate know whether or not they got the position. This shows very bad business practices on the part of Kelly Services and I would not recommend doing business with them. There are much better temp agencies out the so keep looking.

Interview Questions
    • The interview with the hiring company went well, the communication with Kelly Services was horrendous.   Answer Question

Online Store Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Kelly Services in July 2014.

I applied for the job and was found eligible to apply duing the preliminary process. After completing the application, I was prompted to select a date to interview. I applied 7/21/2014 and interviewed today, 7/23/2014. The interviewer was very friendly and down to earth which made me feel at ease. I felt like I was talking to a friend. Before the interview was over, she would speak in a way as if I had the job. Ex: Your training class will start xx/xx/2014. I enjoyed the process and gladly accepted!

Interview Questions
    • It was a fairly easy interview. I was asked about a time I went out of my way to provide excellent customer service. There was a very brief scenario where the interviewer played the customer and she just wanted me to simply reply as the agent. For example, Cust: I received my Ipod today but it is the wrong color. Me (agent): "I apologize for the mix up, in order to better assist you, I just need to verify some information to bring up ur account, ok?" We discussed my job history, including what my job duties were, and what responsibilities the position entailed.   Answer Question
    The pay is $10/hr plus the opportunity for bonuses, etc. I was ok with that rate. I accepted w/out negotiation

At Home Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kelly Services in July 2014.

I applied for an At Home Advisor role back in May. I received an e-mail in late July stating that while the original position had been filled, I was invited to apply for another Advisor role. I applied and was invited to a phone interview later that week.

The interview lasted fifteen minutes and largely involved questions regarding technical knowledge of basic internet and computer usage and customer service. After the interview had concluded, I was given a contingent offer. I filled out an I-9 and background check, and when the check was complete, I was called and given an official offer of employment.

I would definitely recommend Kelly Services for anyone looking for an at-home telecommute/remote position. I have been looking off and on for at least three years and have finally found "the one". Advice I would give to others who have had the same at-home position goal is to check Kelly At Home's website frequently for positions. Even if you don't get one you originally apply for, another may come about.

Substitute Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL (US)

Very simple. Typical HR questions. I think she asked me like two questions. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Why did you want to become a sub? They also had a 3 hour training session that was actually informative.

They expect you to pay $95 for your own background check. Really guys?

No negotiation. 8.50 for AA, 9.75 for college, 11.25 for 5+ years experience and certified as a teacher.

Apple At-Home Advisor (Tech Support) Interview

I applied and had a few assessments to take during the process, then was sent a link to schedule an interview. Once I had completed the interview, she offered me the job over the phone and I accepted! It was a pretty simple process!

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral and situational questions, as well as knowledge of Apple products and troubleshooting.   View Answer
    Why decline an opportunity to work from home that will allow you to move up within the company?