Kennedy Krieger Institute

Interviewed at Kennedy Krieger Institute

Interview Details One on one interview. Took less than an hour

Interview Question – Very easy interview   Answer Question

Research Assistant I

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Kennedy Krieger Institute in April 2013.

Interview Details Process took about 3 months from online application to on-site interview to offer. On-site interview included a tour of the lab and 30-45 minute interviews with five key researchers/personnel.

Interview Question – What is your proudest achievement?   Answer Question

Research Assistant I
Baltimore, MD (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Kennedy Krieger Institute in March 2013.

Interview Details Check the online status of your applications regularly! Very good about scheduling the interview, reached out to me by phone and email, and it took about a day to confirm the interview for a week later. Interview was with a small panel, standard questions. A week later, I heard back about an offer, but declined due to the salary.

Interview Question – Specific questions about how you would react to situations that might come up. Really have to know your stuff, because most of those questions are tricks.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Had better offer from another company

Predoctoral Clinical Intern Interview

Baltimore, MD (US)

I applied through other source and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Kennedy Krieger Institute in January 2012.

Interview Details The Kennedy Krieger Institute participates in the APPIC match process, so you must apply that way. If you receive an interview, you will meet with several clinical supervisors and current interns, which is an enjoyable and informative experience. As with most sites, you will pay your own travel and lodge, but they can get you a discount at a local hotel.

Interview Question – In what area is your biggest short-coming or room for growth? (always a tough one for anyone)   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation for clinical internship.

Patient Care Tech Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Kennedy Krieger Institute.

Interview Details I was new to the area so it was scary trying not to get lost. However you are provided with very good directions from the human resource specialist. She was very nice and the reviews you read about the professionalism of the human resource department are accurate. She asked questions such as what have I done in my exprience? What type of patient's have I served? Where do I see myself in 5-10 years? It was really basic questions nothing very fancy. Since I lived in another state she was very good to e-mail me regularly about my status. She e-mailed me for a shadow day so I could see what the tech does a little. After the shadow day I had a meeting with the nurse manager who introduced herself and told me to look for a call from the human resource manager soon. I recieved a dcall within a few days nd was sent information about accepting the position.

Interview Question – How can you degree contribute to the organization?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There are no negotiations for salary. Especially when you are changing states they try to state that you are a "new nursing assistant" so they can only offer you a certain amount of money. I thought that was a joke considering I had almost 9 years experience behind me at the time.

Clinical Assistant I Interview

Clinical Assistant I
Baltimore, MD (US)

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Kennedy Krieger Institute in March 2012.

Interview Details Applied online at the career section of their website. Got a phone call from an HR rep like a month later. She was very thorough and cordial - went over the details and responsibilities of the position, the pay rate, and what shifts were available. After I agreed that everything sounded like something I would be willing to do, I was then asked to come in for an in-person interview. Was scheduled for the next week.

Dressed professionally and brought in all of my information (cover letter, resumes, and transcripts if she needed them, along with a notepad and pen). Also showed up early and thankfully for me, she was free to start the interview earlier than we had scheduled for. We exchanged pleasantries and then she went over the position again and all of the information to make sure that it was a position I wanted to step into. After that, she showed me some case studies on a laptop that she had set up beforehand and we went over them. I made sure to take notes while she explained things to me and asked questions about the case studies (just so that she would know that I was interested in everything that the organization did).

Afterwards, we role-played a situation I might find myself in with this position (that part was actually fun even though I wasn't expecting it and at first it kind of threw me off guard). I told her that I had fun and she said that I handled myself very well in that situation. She immediately asked me to come in for a second interview after that. We set it up for a few days later.

The second interview went right to the nitty-gritty right after we shook hands. She asked me to sit down and then told me that I would be given a test! Thankfully, I actually don't mind tests/exams, so it was cool with me (even though I wasn't expecting *that* either). She gave me the information beforehand and asked me to read over it before beginning. Then she left me to my own devices for about 30 minutes. It was an easy test since I was left with the information, with about 20 questions asking what certain situations called for and what actions to take regarding patients. The back of it had a few short answers and then just some general questions about why you would want to work here, etc, etc.

After half and hour she came back in and she basically scored my test and we went over it together. I got all but one right, but it was all very informal and comfortable. No tension whatsoever. She was very, very nice. After the test business, she asked me some basic interview questions. I answered them all with ease. After going through the ringer with role-playing and test taking, the conventional interview question was a breeze and actually a little welcome. She told me that she liked everything she had heard and she would love to offer me the position BUT she had to check my references first. Which is the REAL reason why this interview process took so long. For some reason she could not get a hold of the references I provided right away and it took a few weeks. She did keep me updated throughout the whole process though, which I really appreciated.

For this reason, I missed the date for the training class in which she intended me to be in, but I was placed in the next one. All's well that ends well, I suppose.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No negotiating with this position. I think you start at $11 without a degree, and at $12 with a degree. Which seems really low to me, but nothing you can do about it. Fortunately, this position does have great promotion potential, so there's always that, I guess.

Very Easy Interview

Clinical Assistant Interview

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Kennedy Krieger Institute in March 2011.

Interview Details It was fine - took a while to actually get the interview but I had my first interview on a Thursday or Friday and had my second on the following Monday or Tuesday & was offered the job on the spot.

Negotiation Details – The pay rate for my position is set - no negotiating available.

Program Aide Interview

Baltimore, MD (US)

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Kennedy Krieger Institute in November 2008.

Interview Details I applied online through the Kennedy Krieger website. I was contacted via phone by the director. He explained the position being offered, briefly. We arranged an interview for a few days later. The day of the interview I was asked standard interview questions, had the organizations workings and goals explained to me, and was given a tour. At the end of the interview, I was told the salary range and asked how interested I was in the position.

Interview Question – How I would deal with specific situations.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Kennedy Krieger Institute? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kennedy Krieger Institute interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Kennedy Krieger Institute employees and interview candidates.