Kiewit Corporation Interview Questions

Updated 20 Oct 2014
Updated 20 Oct 2014

2.8

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Kiewit Corporation.

Had an information session on campus, took in resumes. Called to set up interview that night. Interview was the next morning. Took them 4-5 weeks to get back to me. Questions are all behavioural. Nothing technical.

No negotiation phase.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kiewit Corporation.

- Phone Screen First (basic overview of experience and education)
    - In-person interview (behavioural based with Recruitment Manager and site HR Manager)
    - 2nd follow up interview with additional team members

Interview Questions
    • - How would your experience and knowledge of Recruitment help you to make changes in the corporation?   Answer Question

SAP Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, NE (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, NE (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kiewit Corporation in September 2014.

Interview process was done by webcam. I am not familiar with this tpe of interview and would appreciate a one on one meeting, face to face. I prefer to show my work on paper, certificates, degrees, letters of acknowledgement rather than try to answer 4 questions in an alloted amount of time.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were not difficult for me or unexpected. What was unexpected was there were only 4 questions and I was being timed per question. On webcam interviews you cannot touch the screen for the next question or timer to record your answer with your fingernail. It has to be the pad of your fingers to work. You don't get a second chance if you make a mistake on the webcam interview.   Answer Question

Field Engineer I Interview

I applied for the position and after one month received an email to setup an online interview. The interview process included four sections;
    1. Online Interview
    2. Online character assessment
    3. Short phone Interview
    4. Face to face interview

Business Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Kiewit Corporation in July 2014.

They called right away looking to setup an interview after I applied through their website. Did the in person interview and never heard anything back at all. Nothing, no rejection letter or anything. I tried to call in twice and they acted as they had no idea who I was even when I talked to the same person who called me.

Interview Questions
    • Do you even think you could do this job?   View Answer

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kiewit Corporation in May 2014.

First is phone interview, then after a week, go to office for group interview. I talked with the hiring manager and their team directly. Not very positive feeling. I did not receive any feedback after one week, then I sent email to manager for asking the result. He told me they find the right person already.

Engineering Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Kiewit Corporation.

Met the recruiter at a job fair, ended up getting a hirevue interview, timed iq test and behavioral questions.
    After passing the online interview and tests, i was called in for an in person interview. I got a job offer the next day. If you enjoy the opportunity to move around and work in camp, make sure to say so as those are some of the most important qualities they are looking for.

Interview Questions
    • The online questions were mostly in the following form:
       Have you been working during uni
      What kind of work experience do you have
      why do you want to work for kiewit
      short and long term plans for the future
      describe ideal workplace
      What type of hobbies do you have
      why you wanted to do engg / why you chose certain discipline
      The in person interview was right around the same types of questions with a few clarification questions based on online answers
        Answer Question
    No negotiation phase

New Grads Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kiewit Corporation.

Got a call for personal assessment and HireVue. I completed both processes. After 10 days, I got a phone call that there is no opening position for electrical engineers. It's actually an excuse.

Interview Questions
    • Situation-Action-Result questions and behavioral questions in video/HireVue format. Three minutes to answer each question. Thirty seconds to prepare the answer.   Answer Question

Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodcliff Lake, NJ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodcliff Lake, NJ (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Kiewit Corporation.

Submitted Resume during Career Fair where a recruiter looked over it. An email was sent to take a few tests then received an email for a phone screening. During the screening the woman asked if I was looking at any other companies when I said yes, she wanted to know the companies and starting putting the other companies down. Thought it was very unprofessional.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work at Kiewit? Why made you interested in construction?   Answer Question

Business Manager Interview

The interview process went very quickly and was very well done. They even fly you out to whatever district you would be working in. However, I believe they really lead you on. I was given the understanding that we essentially had to just show up to the final interview and get the job. That was not the case.

Interview Questions
    • They were all basic interview questions. No real difficult or unexpected ones. All of them were exactly what you would expect from an employer. "Tell us about yourself, etc" The most unexpected question as probably one that tried to show that I was an analytical person. The question was something along the signs of if a project was running below expected completion what do you need to do to have it complete on time.   Answer Question