Kindercare Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jul 1, 2014
48 interviews

2.5

Assistant Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint Peters, MO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Peters, MO (US)

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kindercare.

There are two interviews: a phone call and panel. Interviewers are not supposed to show emotion or give positive/negative reactions to answers. Panel interview lasts 30-45 minutes.They also ask several follow up questions to each main topic to ensure thorough and honest answers.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time in which you had to complete a task in which you did not have all the necessary supplies and how you handled it.   View Answer
    No negotiation available.

Lead Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Woodridge, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodridge, IL (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Kindercare in January 2014.

Hiring and interview was very simple. They asked very straightforward questions, like why I wanted to be a teacher, and then took me to observe the children. I was hired on the spot. The paperwork process was very lengthy, however. I came back 3 separate times to finish paperwork.

Interview Questions
    I wasn't able to negotiate because of the corporate

Preschool Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Alexandria, VA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA (US)

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Kindercare in April 2013.

You have your initial interview where you come in with your resume and discuss your career, then once that is completed you have your work in in interview where you will spend a couple of hours with the children to see how you would best fit in the classroom, if that is good and they plan on hiring you, you go through background check to make sure of no record of neglect.

Twos Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lawrence, KS (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrence, KS (US)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Kindercare in January 2011.

I was referred to the opening by a friend who was a school age teacher at KinderCare. I brought in my resume and met with the director, and we scheduled a formal interview. When I came for my interview I was asked questions and then I spent some time in the classroom. I believe they did a background check on me, etc. and once I was officially hired I began training.

Interview Questions
    • Everything was pretty straight forward. I have had a lot of previous experience in childcare, so none of the questions really caught me off guard. I suppose being asked how you might handle a certain situation with a child or parent can be a hard question.   View Answer
    We did not negotiate.

Pre-kindergarten Teacher Interview

No interview, I informally met the director who I was referred to by a mutual friend and she hired me on the spot. Sent me to do a background check that day and then to orientation the following week. Policy has changed since. They must call professional references now before hiring a candidate.

None.

Assistant Director Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Kindercare.

You submit a resume via the website. They will call you to set up for a formal interview. They have a standard set of questions they ask and many if them are situational questions.

Interview Questions
    • What are ways for you to boost enrollment in the center if there are so many competitors around your center?   Answer Question

Teacher Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kindercare.

I applied through a walk in, the interview was almost too easy and made it seem like they would hire just about anyone.

Assistant Director Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Kindercare in September 2013.

Submitted application. I was selected to a pre-screening where they asked me to complete a questionnaire about my work history. After that, I was asked to complete a phone interview with a recruiter. If you are a qualified candidate, you are asked to go to the cite for a face-to-face interview.

Interview Questions
    • What state was your business in when you started? What is your business like now?   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at Kindercare.

The phone interview was very comprehensive and informative. I was allowed more than sufficient opportunity to ask questions regarding the position. The recruiter was more knowledgeable about the position and organization than I expected including growth strategies and market potentials.

Interview Questions
    • There were no unexpected or overly difficult questions, however, this was an initial phone screen.   Answer Question

Teacher's Aide Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Westwood, MA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westwood, MA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Kindercare in September 2013.

Applied online and then I was called for an interview. After the interview I had to follow up before they offered me a position. I then had to follow up numerous times before I got a start date. I should've known that that was a sign that I shouldn't work there.

Interview Questions
    Be bold. I was too nervous to negotiate and regret that I didn't.

Worked for Kindercare? Contribute to the Community!