Kindred Healthcare

Relevance Date Difficulty

Staff RN Interview

Staff RN
Greenwood, IN (US)

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Kindred Healthcare in January 2011.

Interview Details There is an online application with a follow up recruiter phone call. The initial interview is with the nurse manager and a second interview with a panel. The atmosphere is casual but tenuous.

Interview Question – The panel interview asks the typical questions, yet they also want something personal. They asked, "What is the worst mistake you have ever made?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They have a set salary schedule and your experience determines rate of pay

Licensed Practical Nurse Interview

Licensed Practical Nurse
Elkhart, IN (US)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Kindred Healthcare in June 2014.

Interview Details I had two detailed interviews, supervisors put all the positives and negatives on the line so you knew what you were walking into. I liked the honesty the most, it was even said "no this is not an easy place to work but we are all here for the patients". I would rather hear the truth then false promises

Interview Question – I think the questions were standard as every nursing facility but the questions did point out there strengths as well as the things they are working on and I met with both the ADON and several days later the DON and both were very nice and friendly. They asked questions about what pay I expected, what shift I wanted, explained why they schedule the way they do...to remain fair!   View Answer

Director of Education Interview

Director of Education
Wilkes-Barre, PA (US)

I applied through another source - interviewed at Kindred Healthcare in October 2013.

Interview Details Met with a very motivated Chief Clinical Officer. Discussed postive and negative issues related with the facility. She did not paint an unrealistic picture of the daily functioning of the hospital. She was very positive and made me feel as though I would be a very welcomed addition to the team.

Interview Question – Was there a willinigness to come in on the night shift (7p-7a).   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Offer, counter-offered via phone with director of corporate office

CNA Interview

CNA
Indianapolis, IN (US)

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Kindred Healthcare in May 2014.

Interview Details Call from Recruiter, interview with manager, panel interview with three nurses. Interview went well so I thought. Its been a week and still no phone call. Sense then I been on pins and needles if I will receive a call. Maybe not. Don't like this process, its stressful.

Interview Question – If a co worker could describe you in five words, what would they be.   Answer Question

Staff RN Interview

Staff RN

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Kindred Healthcare in May 2014.

Interview Details I applied on the day the job was posted & had a call for interview the next day from a recruiter. Applied online & scheduled after a week due to my availability. Recruiter was nice & kind. Interviewers asked a list of questions which are based on your experience. They read the question very fast so be ready! Be good listener & quick to respond if not, take your time to answer briefly & honestly. Mostly they asked about teamwork & patient care.

Interview Question – Situational   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I have to wait for a week until they offered me the job.

LVN Interview

LVN
Fort Worth, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Kindred Healthcare in April 2014.

Interview Details I was contacted by a recruiter regarding a position I had applied for for an interview time. First interview seemed to go well. Moved on to second interview with peers (on shift job would have been for. After interview it took three weeks to notify me that I wasn't offered a job because my lack in acute care experience. I shouldn't have been pushed on to the second portion of the interview if this was the case, and it shouldn't have taken three weeks to notify me that I was not considered related to lack of acute care experience. Disappointed with the professionalism in the interview process and the length of time to notify of decision.

Interview Question – How would you handle working in the acute care setting?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Wound Care Nurse-RN Interview

Wound Care Nurse-RN
North Chicago, IL (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kindred Healthcare in April 2014.

Interview Details I must admit, this was the weirdest interview that I have ever been to. The interviewer never looked me in the eye or looked over my resume and letters of recommendations. To my amazement, she answered a phone call during my interview. The interviewer barely asked me any questions about myself and spoke about herself or the company. She complained about how the healthcare benefits were no the best. After asking the interviewer about how she liked working at Kindred she stated that, “it is challenging”. During the tour the supply room was messy and the staff was not welcoming.

Physical Therapist Assistant Interview

Physical Therapist Assistant

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Kindred Healthcare in June 2012.

Interview Details Was Hired on with company merging to this company,

Interview Question – no questions were asked.   Answer Question

Maintenance Supervisor Interview

Maintenance Supervisor
Moscow, ID (US)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Kindred Healthcare in November 2010.

Interview Details Very casual. Interviewed by Executive Director and he basically went over the highlights of the job and asked me if I was capable of accomplishing the duties.

Interview Question – Can I expect the lowest possible wage for the job? Starting Wage $13.95 an hour.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiating a rock bottom salary of $13.95 an hour. I had a choice take this extremely low paying job or have NO job.

Controller Interview

Controller

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kindred Healthcare.

Interview Details Interview with site CEO, 2nd interview with regional CFO, 3rd interview with group panel

Negotiation Details – Pay range was pre- selected and benefits were non-negotiable

Worked for Kindred Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!