Kindred Healthcare

Updated 21 Jan 2015

2.5

Director of Nursing Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Kindred Healthcare.

I was prescreened by a recruiter who set me up with an interview with the administrator that lasted 4 hours. The next day I had a brief interview with the district nurse and was offered the job later that day.

Interview Questions
    • The administrator talked for about 2 hours about himself. He stated if we were going to work together, he wanted me to know about him.   View Answer
    I did not negotiate. I was happy with what I was offered.

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Kindred Healthcare in December 2014.

Filled out an online application. Called by DON. Met the next day. He was very friendly and already aware of my limited experience as a new grad nurse. I was offered the job at the end of the interview. The background check took just over 2 weeks. Orientation and training is offered for a minimum of 4 shifts.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do of you discovered a patient unconscious and determined there is no pulse?   View Answer
    • What would you do if you seen that a CNA was not keeping up with his/her workload?   View Answer
    Offered an above market rate for a new grad in this type of facility and location.

Nursing Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Kindred Healthcare.

They called to set up an interview for a position, and upon returning call within 24 hours, never received a call back. Attempted again, within a few hours, and still no answer from recruiter.

CNA Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Kindred Healthcare.

Filled out an app online and a couple days later i received a call wanting to set up interview. Went in for interview and went to the SDC office and she asked some basic questions. Asked why I wanted the job. What could i bring to the company. And went over pay and then had an immediate 2nd interview with the DON

none. Go for higher pay

Licensed Practical Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, OH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, OH (US)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Kindred Healthcare in September 2014.

I applied and hadn't heard back so I called and still didn't hear back. Finally I received a call from corporate and had a phone interview which went well. Basically they asked about my precious work experience and schooling. She then set up an interview with me. I went in and waited almost a half hour for the director of nursing to come get me for my interview. She asked basic questions and offered me the job. I was given an unintentional tour as it was near impossible to find anyone in the building to process my paperwork.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you were to find a patient in their room unresponsive?   Answer Question
    • How would you handle two STNAs arguing loudly in the hallways?   Answer Question
    • If I spoke to your previous employers, what would they say about your attendance?   Answer Question
    I am a new grad so I was pretty much given the base pay but with shift differentials I am happy with the offer. I took the last night shift LPN job available so the hours were not what I had hoped for but will work.

RN (Registered Nurse ASN) Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Kindred Healthcare.

I filled out an application online and got a call back about 3 weeks later to set up an interview. The first interview was one on one, then the second part was a panel interview. No case studies or clinical questions. Very easy, common sense answers.

Interview Questions
    • (Paraphrasing) Tell me about a time there was a change at work you didn't agree with and how did you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Speech Language Pathologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Concord, MA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Concord, MA (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kindred Healthcare.

There were two very different people when I interviewed: The rehab manager of the facility and the recruiter who I spoke with by phone. The manager was very friendly, but clearly untrained in the hiring process. During the in-person interview, I was asked if I had children and also told that she checked my age when running my background check because she "couldn't guess" how old I was (both are illegal). The recruiter was interesting. The negotiation process started with an offer of less than I was currently making and only went up enough to be an even salary, but with worse benefits. She asked if I'd consider it a "lateral move" to go from an acute care/rehab setting with a team of 6 SLPs to be the only SLP at a SNF. The original offer was $29/hr with 3hrs/wk of ET with 3 - 4 years of experience.

Interview Questions
    • "I always ask the therapists without kids to not take any time off during school vacation weeks. Do you have kids?"   Answer Question

Low offer, poor benefits package, low earned-time.

Licensed Practical Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Elkhart, IN (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Elkhart, IN (US)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Kindred Healthcare in June 2014.

I had two detailed interviews, supervisors put all the positives and negatives on the line so you knew what you were walking into. I liked the honesty the most, it was even said "no this is not an easy place to work but we are all here for the patients". I would rather hear the truth then false promises

Interview Questions
    • I think the questions were standard as every nursing facility but the questions did point out there strengths as well as the things they are working on and I met with both the ADON and several days later the DON and both were very nice and friendly. They asked questions about what pay I expected, what shift I wanted, explained why they schedule the way they do...to remain fair!   View Answer

Staff RN Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Kindred Healthcare in May 2014.

I applied on the day the job was posted & had a call for interview the next day from a recruiter. Applied online & scheduled after a week due to my availability. Recruiter was nice & kind. Interviewers asked a list of questions which are based on your experience. They read the question very fast so be ready! Be good listener & quick to respond if not, take your time to answer briefly & honestly. Mostly they asked about teamwork & patient care.

Interview Questions
    I have to wait for a week until they offered me the job.

CNA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN (US)

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Kindred Healthcare in May 2014.

Call from Recruiter, interview with manager, panel interview with three nurses. Interview went well so I thought. Its been a week and still no phone call. Sense then I been on pins and needles if I will receive a call. Maybe not. Don't like this process, its stressful.

Interview Questions
    • If a co worker could describe you in five words, what would they be.   Answer Question