Kindred Healthcare Registered Nurse Interview Questions

Updated 17 Jan 2015

1.9

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Kindred Healthcare (San Francisco, CA (US)) in December 2014.

Interview

Filled out an online application. Called by DON. Met the next day. He was very friendly and already aware of my limited experience as a new grad nurse. I was offered the job at the end of the interview. The background check took just over 2 weeks. Orientation and training is offered for a minimum of 4 shifts.

Interview Questions

• What would you do of you discovered a patient unconscious and determined there is no pulse?   1 Answer
  • What would you do if you seen that a CNA was not keeping up with his/her workload?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Offered an above market rate for a new grad in this type of facility and location.

Other Interview Reviews for Kindred Healthcare

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Kindred Healthcare in June 2013.

Interview

They called me the day after I submitted my online application to set up an interview. I interviewed the following day. I hadn't taken my NCLEX-RN exam yet, but they extended me a conditional job offer that was contigent on me passing the NCLEX. I took the NCLEX the next Thursday and began orientation the next Monday.

Interview Questions

• None - they only asked me three questions. I also did a pre-employment drug test at the end of the interview and background test.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. The salary is the salary.

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, CO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Kindred Healthcare (Aurora, CO (US)) in September 2012.

Interview

Applied on a Monday, had a phone interview Tuesday, met the hiring manager and a supervisor on Thursday, was offered the job Friday afternoon.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None-Kindred has a strict policy based on experience.

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alameda, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kindred Healthcare (Alameda, CA (US)) in January 2011.

Interview

It was more on of a personality interview. What are my strengths and weaknesses, name a situation where it was difficult for you and how I handled it., what is the most challenging situation I have encounter, why did you choose this company..

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kindred Healthcare (Springfield, IL (US)) in September 2010.

Interview

i interviewed, no tour of building, was told i would be notified within 24 hours, it was 3 weeks. Was hired for full time, but we were sent home early every day without pay for those hours.

Interview Questions

• she really didnt ask questions she just had a social conversation with me.   Answer Question

Negotiation

no the offer was very good

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenfield, IN (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Kindred Healthcare (Greenfield, IN (US)) in April 2009.

Interview

Will usually present you with scenarios that you may encounter to see how you would respond

Interview Questions

• If you have more than one emergent situation at one time what would you do ?Answer they want is you will call another nurse for help.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Well they offered me more than my previous job so not much negotiating

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Kindred Healthcare (Tampa, FL (US)) in March 2009.

Interview

The hiring process is long and drawn out. Expect to come to 2 interviews, one with appropriate department head and another with peer group.

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ocala, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kindred Healthcare (Ocala, FL (US)) in March 2009.

Interview

Fill out the application on line. If they are interested they will call. You are interviewed by the DON. Then interviewed by 3 random employees. Including clerks, LPN's, etc. Asked about three pages of questions that are all about what would you do if A, B, and C happened what would you do? Afterwards they call within a couple of days. Human Resources are great. Easy to enroll for benefits.

Interview Questions

• None. Interview was simplistic.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate pay. It was brief and productive.

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Kindred Healthcare in February 2009.

Interview

Very quick and eager to hire me. I called on Monday and they called me back for an interview which I went to on Wednesday. But they had to get a hold of one of my references so it took a while, but they told me as soon as they talked to them I was hired.

Interview Questions

• They really didn't ask any probing questions. Just what I wanted to do in my field, and then they proceeded to describe what the company did.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Didn't happen.