Kohl's

Updated 21 Jan 2015
1,028 Interview Reviews

2.2

POS Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's.

Interview was easy. It was a group interview with very easy questions. Everyone just copied what each person said. This was the only interview, and they called me back within 5 days and offered me the position.

Interview Questions
    • what would you do if a customer asked you a question, and you didn't know the answer.   View Answer
    No negotiation.

Kohls Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Kohl's.

It was a group interview. They tried to see as much of our personalities. Be positive, explain how the customer is always right. I didn't know if I was going to get the job because everyone in my group already had previous retail experience.

Interview Questions
    • A difficult situation you've faced dealing with a customer? How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Store Management Trainee Interview

Case study, then two 1 hour interviews with different types of management. I began by applying on my school's website and then was offered to come in for a case study and then interview. It was your standard interviews, but the case study was relatively easy. The case study was done and then presented to a board of management and answered questions.

Overnight Freight Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kohl's.

The hiring was pretty standard. A manager asked questions in the interview. Was asked about my customer service experience, schooling, what I can add to the store, and how you can help the company overall. I was also asked if the "customer" is always right in the retail establishment. Make sure to answer "yes" to that question.

Material Handler Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Kohl's.

it would take days upon your submission of application either online or in person. They expect you to be ready with your updated resumé. They change their interview process each year but, they always have a panel of HR for the interview. Once you get hired, they will give you a date when you can start. You have to undergo drug test right away. They expect you to be prompt and to dress appropriately for the job title you are applying for. Be ready to pick your available schedule as well. They have day shifts and night shifts.

POS Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Kohl's.

Group interview, it was easy and very laid back. We sat in a room and he asked us questions. What is your weakness. And what are your strengths. Asked where we want department we wanted to work in. Asked about our previous employers and asked about our jobs. Asked us to make name tags when we came in. they also asked us to go around the room and tell about ourselves.

Come in and do paper work.

Sales Floor Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Kohl's.

I had one interview, I was out of high school. i applied for a seasonal position. They sat me in a big room with about 19 other people. a total of 20 of us interviewees. they paired us up in a group of 2 and had us interview the person next to us. It was very different.

Interview Questions
    • Having to interview the person they assigned you to and then having to present that person with as much information that they told you.   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Kohl's.

Group interview. Took turns answering the same questions. Everyone just tried one upping each other. It didn't seem like a serious interview, more like just getting to know everyone. Awkward at first, especially if you're uncomfortable talking in front of others.

No negotiation process

Store Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Kohl's.

Online is the prevailing link or referral. Phone screening, District interview then Regional. Questions directed around team building, results and experience. Trying hire through larger Universities and developing talent inhouse. Senior positions generally filled based on specific need. Interveiws are generally done in store locations and a relaxed Q&A is the typical experience.

Interview Questions
    • Standard questions very direct and many concerning ability to develop team.   Answer Question
    Very little negotiations

Marketing Strategy Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Kohl's.

I did a lot of networking with kohl's such as a sophomore shadow day and networking events/career fair, and was given an interview after applying through my campus recruitment website. The interview room at my university was packed with people waiting for their interviews as Kohl's did all of theirs on the same day. The questions were very conversational, going over your experience and just seeing if you fit into their culture. It was a very pleasant experience. I interviewed for 2 internship positions and was invited to the second round for the Purchasing Intership position. They take you to their headquarters in milwaukee where you and others selected stay at a very nice hotel and have a networking dinner, then do a tour of their campus the next day, along with interviewing a couple people. Overall a very personal, get-to-know-you kind of process.