Kroger Interview Questions

Updated 27 Oct 2014
Updated 27 Oct 2014

1.9

Part-Time Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kroger.

Easy interview, standard questions like tell me about yourself, why do you want to work here, etc.. Got hired during the interview process and did a drug test that they send in to the lab as well.

Store Management Interview

Will ask questions based on previous experience and how that pertains to future with Kroger. Usually sit at a table with coordinators and human resources rep taking turns asking those questions.

Interview Questions
    • Break down all experience to the point of detailed experience with profit and loss to shrink.   Answer Question

Checker Interview

Interview was your typical behavioral interview. There were about ten simple questions asked mainly about providing efficient customer service to all customers. Other questions were: tell me about a time when you had to go out of the way to provide exceptional customer service for a customer. Approximately 30 minutes then a saliva drug test.

Co Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Kroger.

Started out with a 1 on 1 interview. Then a panel interview consisting of 4 higher ups. Each asked 1 question and wrote down your answer. I felt that I was liked, so the interview process went smoothly for me. I've heard of others where they ask insane questions that are impossible to answer.

Interview Questions
    Wasn't any - they paid more than I was making at the time, so I accepted.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kroger.

I applied online and about a week later was called in for an interview. The interview process went fairly smoothly. I signed in at the table they had set up out front since and even though I was early they went ahead and did the interview. I was asked questions like what do you know about this company and why do you want to work for this company. They gave me the description of what was expected from a cashier and asked if I thought I could successfully perform the duties. I was told to expect a call soon. next day they called to schedule my drug test.

No negotiation

Pharmacist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Kroger.

I initially applied online for the position and was contacted a few weeks later for an interview. It was mostly a behavioral type of interview. Tell me about a time.... type of questions. I received a job offer one month after the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell about a time you had to work with a difficult person.   View Answer

Bagger Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Kroger.

I applied online, Kroger contacted me the same day or the following day. I was asked to attend a group interview , which was about 30 minutes long. a manager briefed us on the company later we introduced ourselves answered 5 basic questions , took turns reading ... and that concludes the interview. your second interview consist of paperwork , online assessments/training and orientation date.

Interview Questions
    • what's your definition of customer service ?   View Answer
    no negotiation phase.

Process Analyst Interview

applied online; got an email from hiring manager for a 30 minutes' phone interview, which went well. Then received an email from HR for a on-site. The on-site lasted about 2 hours with the hiring manager and one senior level person.

Interview Questions
    • Think of your solution or methods you gonna use to a problem they give to you within about 10 minutes   Answer Question

Courtesy Clerk Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Kroger in October 2014.

I was told Kroger was hiring so I filled out an online application at 1 or 2 am. That next morning after I woke up I called at around 9am, asked to speak to the hiring manager and said that I filled out an online application, she said for me to come in for an interview at 12 lunch time that day. The interview was basically just reviewing my application and confirming that I filled everything out correctly. The next morning she called around 8 am and asked me to come in for a background check and drug test. This was on a Friday. (All happened from Wednesday night to Friday) she told me the results would take 3-5 business days. So Saturday and Sunday didn't count. Monday was the first day then Tuesday the second then today on Wednesday I called and asked if my results were in. She immediately responded saying yes! Could you come on in tomorrow at 9 for orientation? So it's pretty much official now! I recommend to be VERY friendly. Don't be all quiet and shy. I told her I was nervous because it's my first job and we kind of just joked around and talked. The main manager was also present he didn't talk much but he kept a mean, intimidating face the entire time. I shook their hands! Both of them, which I think really helped in making me look good. I thanked them and left.

Interview Questions
    • Why should we hire you?   Answer Question
    • Are you willing to go out in rain, heat, snow, sleet, etc to get buggies?   Answer Question
    • Can you lift 60 pounds from underneath a buggy? Such as a huge bag of dog food.   Answer Question
    • Are you willing to work weekends & holidays?   Answer Question
    • These were just some of the "different" questions that they maybe don't ask at other jobs.   Answer Question
    I have orientation tomorrow!

Courtesy Clerk Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Kroger in October 2014.

I filled out a application online. They called back I think a week later. The next day was the interview it was a group interview with about 12 people and he asked us 2 "which situation would you handle first" type question. If he called your name he wanted to interview you 1 on 1. During that interview he asked why should we hire you, what makes you a good fit, went over your application. After he said he will called you and let you know if he wanted to interview you for the 2nd time if not he you didn't get the job. He called back 2 says later had the 2nd interview was offered the job

Interview Questions
    No Negotiation take it or leave it