Kroger

Updated 19 Jan 2015
Updated 19 Jan 2015

2.0

Clerk Interview

Hiring was easy with very little hassle. There was a few people that were doing the interviews in the same room at the time, but felt one on one when doing the interview. There was nothing to outrageous with the interview as well that wasn't different from any other interview.

Interview Questions
    • Usual questions that were asked, but nothing to weird.   Answer Question

Front End Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kroger.

I applied online and was called in for an interview soon after. I met with the front end manager. I was a little overdressed and eager because it was my first job. I was in college and they didn't ask for much experience to be a cashier. I was mostly working with high school students. They loved my personality, I took the employment tests and training that same day and they put me on the schedule. They took an oral swab for a drug test and that was about it. I filled out the usual paperwork for taxes and my banking information.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions, I was just asked about my past jobs and what I was studying in school.   Answer Question
    It is a minimum wage job.

Natural Foods Department Lead Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Kroger.

You do the online application (about an hour long process) and after a varying amount of time if you did well on the questionnaire you will be called in for an interview. If you get an interview you will get your drug test and as long as that passes you have the job. The questions your asked are more for what position you will best be suited for.

Deli/Bakery Clerk Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kroger.

I was called on for first interview after calling the store once. Then interview and a week later was called back for the job. We then took a mouth-swab drug test and computer training for 3 days. Then I was schedule for the floor and I received my shirt and we went over dress code.

Interview Questions
    Everything is based of previous experience

Deli Clerk Interview

The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Kroger.

I was called in for an interview. After that a mouth swab test. Then I had to go to an three or four hour orientation. The next step was to do computer work.

Produce Clerk Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Kroger.

phone call - left a message then I called back (interview)

email docs(the pay,taxes,so on)

then training hall (free bus rides, one time lunch, the mgr said it came out of his pocket"whatever")

store training actual store (meet store employees"competition" some people will train, some people will not get along with)

open store not on the actual opening of the store

regular work

Interview Questions
    • customer asking produce goods that you have no idea much about and learning what customer thinks to help them cause most of the time they know what they want, then they want to get something on you if you know it or not (testing you)btw   View Answer
    no negotiation, they just emailed you take it or leave it, they say they base on experience, they'll do as minimum as possibly get on people my age

Associate Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN (US)

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Kroger.

Called in for an interview at the store I would be working at. I met with the store manager and the HR Coordinator for the district. Interview was fairly simple. No behavioral interview questions. Just seemed like they were trying to get to know me.

Interview Questions
    • How do you think you could handle dealing with, training, and helping people of all different ages?   Answer Question
    No negotiations available

Store Manager Interview

Hired in as a co-manager. Promoted to Store Manager after 7 years with the company. I did not get interviewed for Store Manager job. I was simply asked to accept the assignment. I was happy to.

Interview Questions
    • the interview was a very easy process to pass. General questions.   Answer Question

Overnight Grocery Stock Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Kroger in January 2015.

Interview was great quick and easy group interview. There were only 3 of us and filled out a sheet asking 4 questions. Was asked to describe a job assignment that I most enjoyed and what did I not like about that assignment. Was also asked to tell one thing about my self that needed improvement.

Core Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blue Ash, OH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blue Ash, OH (US)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kroger in January 2015.

Received a call to attend an in person screening interview. Interviewed with 2 recruiting supervisors for 1 hour. At the conclusion of the interview I was introduced to the Talent Recruiting Coordinator and the Operations Manager.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to deal with customer who was unsatisfied?   Answer Question

I declined due to salary offered which was not negotiable. The hours were 1-8pm which was also inconvenient along with the start date which was 2 months away. I also did not initially realize that it was a call center environment.