Kroger

Relevance Date Difficulty

Bagger Interview

Bagger
Houston, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Kroger in May 2014.

Interview Details I went online and filled out the applicant information, sent in my cover letter, resume and list of references. Then I took a personality/skills test online. A couple of days later, I received a phone call from my local Kroger store to set up an interview. I was sent to my regional Kroger store for a face-to-face group interview session. The recruiters there gave me some forms to fill out, asked me a few questions and I got the job. It was a great experience! Everyone there was so nice and helpful.

Interview Question – I had to pick one of my favorite products in the store and show how I would sell this product to others.   Answer Question

Floral Clerk Interview

Floral Clerk
Lawrenceville, GA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Kroger in July 2010.

Interview Details I started as a cashier and got moved to floral. It's honestly not hard, you apply and if your results from your application are "green", they will usually give you a call if they need a spot filled. I got called in for an interview, they did a background check, I took a drug test, and almost immediately started training.

Interview Question – There weren't any detailed questions asked.   Answer Question

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Courtesy Clerk

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Kroger.

Interview Details Simply applying online and waiting for a response. I recommend looking up who the recruiter is and emailing them that you have applied online it can help. Most likely the orientation is set by groups. Consider the Orientation as a You are Hired at least unless you fail the drug test or choose to decline the job at the last second for whatever reason you choose.

Interview Question – Past jobs, Work Experience, and about you.   Answer Question

Maintenance Clerk Interview

Maintenance Clerk

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Kroger.

Interview Details I first applied to the job online after a friend of mine who worked there said they were hiring. I don't remember how long it took to get a call back. Maybe 3-7 days. I know it was quicker than I expected. The interview was maybe a week or so after that, and it was a pretty quick process. I was asked why I left my former job and why I was looking for new employment. She then told me that they weren't looking for positions I applied for, but they were looking for a maintenance clerk. I said I was okay with that and I was given a drug test. I was told I'd be contacted in about five days, but it was actually almost two weeks before I heard from them again, but I was hired.

Interview Question – If I remember correctly, I was asked what I could bring to the table, so to speak. Since I was applying as a maintenance clerk, I didn't really know what to say.   Answer Question

Clerk Interview

Clerk
Štore (Slovenia)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Kroger.

Interview Details Applied online not expecting to get a reply, however got a call in 4 days. Interview was sceduled for an additional 2 days. Preped for an elaborate interview. Didn't need todo on this day. It was very layed back. Basic questions including what area of store I want ie deli, produce. It was over with any questions from me. Of course got the obligatory "we will be making a decision in a couple of days" response.

Interview Question – None really, just be prepared for anything.   View Answer

Very Difficult Interview

Human Resources Representative Interview

Human Resources Representative
Brandenburg, KY (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kroger in November 2013.

Interview Details Was call and set up appt. for interview. Got to Kroger before the interviewer. Watched her walk in the door with her breakfast. Went inside, asked for her at customer service desk, and she came out and greeted me and took me to her office for interview.

Interview Question – Name a difficult situation and how did you handle it?   View Answer

Front End Cashier Interview

Front End Cashier

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Kroger in August 2014.

Interview Details Group interview
Nice interviewer
Easy going environment
8 of us were applying
3 hired on the spot
Others waiting for call or email
Lasted an hour including drug test
Asked 5 easy questions

Go in a couple days before interview to know where to go in store
   Show up at least 15 minutes early to fill out paperwork
   Dress nice
When asked about favorite in store product talk about it a little, explain why, and have a small conversation about it

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No negotiations

Be yourself, be friendly, smile

Night Stocker Interview

Night Stocker
Indianapolis, IN (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Kroger.

Interview Details The hiring manager and the whole entire managing team is horrible. When I enter the office, two employees just playing computer games on the computer. And the hiring manager asked me some personal questions that is irrelevant to the job.

Interview Question – nothing difficult   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Canal Winchester, OH (US)

I applied online and interviewed at Kroger.

Interview Details I spoke with 3 people: hiring manager, store manager, and customer service care aka csc (boss of the cashiers, baggers, customer service helpers)

I explained to the hiring manager past work experience, skills, and community service that was presented on my resume.

Hiring manager explained job duties and expectations

Store manager also reviewed my resume and asked about some things on there, also asked me about the Kroger company.

Csc confirmed and asked about my availablity from application

Interview Question – Store manager asking me about the Kroger company. I did do a little research before hand, but it did not help. The store manager worded questions in a way I did not understand.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Job descriptions are accurate so make sure thats what you want to do. If not you can always talk to someone about switching job positions even to a different department or store.

You must speak up though if you feel some type of way about your job.

Grocery Stocker Interview

Grocery Stocker
Washington, IL (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Kroger in November 2012.

Interview Details had to apply twice but then was interviewed. was asked back for a second interview where I took a drug test and was hired. there's not much else to say. the manager liked that I had some experience roofing, though I did not have much.

Interview Question – mostly stuff about my work history and where I see myself in the future.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – not difficult. I had open availability at the time and needed a job.

Worked for Kroger? Contribute to the Community!