Kroger

Updated 27 Jan 2015
Updated 27 Jan 2015

2.0

Process Analyst Interview

applied online; got an email from hiring manager for a 30 minutes' phone interview, which went well. Then received an email from HR for a on-site. The on-site lasted about 2 hours with the hiring manager and one senior level person.

Interview Questions
    • Think of your solution or methods you gonna use to a problem they give to you within about 10 minutes   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Kroger in October 2014.

The interview was pretty straight forward. I was ask the usual questions should as how I would react to certain situations also I was greeted very nicely they offered refreshments but they are very disorganized they lost my application and call me for another interview not knowing that I already had one and that they had offered me a job.

There wasnt one

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Kroger in October 2014.

Knock out the (fairly extensive) paperwork online, and you can be drug-tested and hired at the interview.

For a five-store north-Texas area, interviews (for all positions) were in groups. Each person in the group stood to introduce him/herself and then read or summarized answers to four multi-part, written questions.

1. What was your best job? What appealed to you about it? What did you not like?

2. What was the worst job you've had? Why didn't you like it?

3. What do you think are the most important skills for use in customer service? Describe a time you used these skills.

4. What attributes or characteristics of yours do you feel could use more development?

My group was pretty strong—lots of bright 15-year-olds—and everyone (except the guy who fled) was hired.

Interview Questions
    • What attributes or characteristics of yours do you feel could use more development?   Answer Question
    Not applicable: the barely-above-minimum wage rates are preset by collective contract.

Part-Time Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Kroger in October 2014.

I applied online through the Kroger website. Afterward, I received an email informing me that I was invited to a group interview (the email said Congrats and everything-very friendly). So on the day of the group interview, I arrived early and waited as others came. In all, only three people came to the group interview, including myself, but according to the interview lady, there are usually more people who attend, probably around ten. I'm not going to lie, I felt cheated because this was my first job interview for my first job, and I'm only a high school student, but the others in the room who were also applying for cashier positions were adults who both had college degrees and job experience, so in comparison, I did not stand a chance. Anyways, the interview lady gave us a sheet of paper with five questions on it asking things such as what was the best assignment you were given at your last job and what was the worst assignment, etc., etc,. After we all answered the questions on the paper, she made us each individually stand up and present our answers which I'm not going to lie, was a bit weird and kind of unnecessary, but it did give you a chance to alter your answers after hearing them aloud. Then the interview lady asked us to pick our favorite item from the Kroger store and make a sales pitch for it, and she made us present as a group (we totally nailed this part). And after all of that was over, she addressed each one of us individually to discuss open positions and scheduling. Unfortunately, I did not get a job offer, but the other two adults in the group interview did-props to them.

Interview Questions
    • What was the worst assignment that you were given at your previous job or jobs   View Answer

Co-manger Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kroger in October 2014.

I met a Kroger recruiter at a job fair. He gave me the information on the position and I gave him my resume. He called me a few days later, before I even submitted an online application. He scheduled me for a phone interview, which just went over my history. I was asked to come in a few days later for a face-to-face interview. The second interview had two men, the DM recruiter and the DM trainer, asking me about my history again and then they gave me a few "what if" scenarios to answer. The questions weren't terribly difficult, although there were a few trick questions and the interviewers were constantly trying to unnerve my confidence in my responses. The second interview was about an hour long, and it wasn't the most pleasant interview I've had. A few days later, I was called to come in and be part of a panel interview. The people interviewing me had been with the company for many, many years, so many of the questions were about my personality and long-term goals and commitment to the company. This interview wasn't difficult at all, so I coasted through it and received an offer later that day. The entire process took a little more than 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • "You have your first day off in a week. You are running personal errands and it begins to snow. What do you do?"   View Answer
    I could not negotiate.

Deli Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wylie, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wylie, TX (US)

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Kroger in October 2014.

JOB FAIR OCT 11TH AT STORE in Wylie 2.5 hours long asked us to stand up and tell them about yourself.then 3 other questions and a skit in groups of 3. then then they told us we all got the job..there were probably 30 of us. Pending the swab/drug test-they test for street drugs....and background......NOTE---YOU MUST FILL OUT YOUR ONLINE APPL.FIRST........THERE WAS A GLITCH IN THE SYSTEM THATS WHY THEY DONT CALL/OR YOU DIDNT COMPLETE THE PROCESS ONLINE FOR THE STATUS PENDING.....CALL THE STORE TO FIX..i couldn't figure this out for 18 days..it kept saying status pending...call the store to have fixed also send the letter off to fix that it asks you to submit problem////// it was fixed in 1 day....

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flushing, MI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flushing, MI (US)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kroger in October 2014.

Applied online. Typical boring application - name, DOB, SSN, work experience, previous addresses, at least two references, and the always-fun personality questionnaire. I was called in for an interview in two days, and I did it on the same day. I also did the drug and background check on the same day. Five days later, I was asked to come in to show my ID and other stuff to prove I'm a citizen. I used my ID and Social Security card. Birth certificate counts as well. Oh yeah, the interview! Interview was fairly simple. Questions consisted of the following:

"Provide an example of when you provided great customer service."
    "What does 'customer service' mean to you?"
    "Provide an example of when you had to work on many tasks at once."
    "Provide an example of a time when you had to handle an angry customer."
    Generic questions about previous jobs

Interview Questions
    • The questions regarding the brevity of some of my other jobs.   Answer Question
    Seriously?

Deli Clerk Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Kroger in October 2014.

I was called for interview Oct 7, 2014, went there on the same day. Its an easy one, its a group interview wherein 4 questions need to be answered,had drug test right after, followed by background check..until now still waiting for there call when to have an orientation.

salary is fixed

Courtesy Clerk Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kroger in October 2014.

applyed on line called the next day went for interview was very easy offered job a week later,two weeks later went for orenation and training waiting to be put on schedule

easy

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Kroger.

After my interview I was called and told i got the job three days later. Two weeks of training at the training center was fun. Then i went to my permanent store. The company match the hourly wage of my last job which is the rate they paid me.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time or event where you had to use excellent customer service skills to satisfy and unhappy customer.   Answer Question
    I did not need to negotiate.