Kroger Interview Questions

Updated 22 Apr 2015

1.9

Bakery Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Kroger in January 2015.

Interview

After seeing a flyer in the store for a job fair, I applied for the position online. The application process was quick and consisted of filling out standard forms followed by a two part test. I then went to the job fair at the posted time and location. There were 6 other people there. The "job fair" was more like a group interview. We were each given two sheets of paper. The first one had four questions on one side. The questions were essentially what was your favorite job, what was your least favorite job, what does good customer service mean to you, and what skills do you feel that you lack. The lady who conducted the interview listened to each of us read our answers out to the group. On the other side of the first page we were asked to write down our favorite item sold in the store, and then convince her to buy it by explaining why the item is the best. On the second sheet of paper we were asked to write down our availability.
    At the end of the interview, everyone that had completed an application online was asked to take an oral drug screen and were told if they passed it and the background check they would be offered a job.

Negotiation

No negotiation, based on previous experience and region standards.

Drug/GM Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Kroger (Houston, TX (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online. It was a job fair so it was a group interview. There were about 10 people there. We went through some of the reasons why we wanted to work there and challenges a grocery store faces. She decided who she wanted to hire and made us sign paperwork, take a drug test, and said they will call about orientation. After orientation we also had to do a 4hr long computer training.

Interview Questions

• What are some words you would describe you would use when talking to a customer?   1 Answer

Produce Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Kroger (New York, NY (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

Piece of cake wasnt asked anything besides "tell me about yourself" took the drug test (mouth swab) right then and there and was told to wait for results on the drug test signed the drug test release form and was told to wait for a call in about a week. Super relaxed and laid back interview.

Store Manager Interview

Interview

Hired in as a co-manager. Promoted to Store Manager after 7 years with the company. I did not get interviewed for Store Manager job. I was simply asked to accept the assignment. I was happy to.

Interview Questions

• the interview was a very easy process to pass. General questions.   Answer Question

Grocery Stocker Interview

Interview

Sucked very bad and they drug test. Keep that ready if you go. Things arent that great with the managers either they don't want to help either.Hiring process is long too

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Kroger.

Interview

Hiring - a timed test and an untimed test. An interview that was supposed to be a group session in which each interviewee would be paired with others. However, only 2 people showed up for the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Role play dealing with a customer trying to get them to buy your favorite item in the store.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Kroger.

Interview

get an interview, take a drug test, get a background check (takes forever to come back, about 2-3 weeks), do training (usually about 30 hours worth) , start working.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Kroger.

Interview

Very nice location, people and office. Everyone was very welcoming and made me feel comfortable during the interview process. Interview needed a lot of real life examples to back up claims.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little about yourself.   1 Answer

D1 Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Novi, MI (US)

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Kroger (Novi, MI (US)).

Interview

Took a month or so to complete. One phone call interview. A 1 on 1 interview, and finally a pannel interview. It was easy nothing to challenging. The company is great and caring.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much room to negotiate.

Produce Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kroger.

Interview

Like any other interview some backround questions and store info and bio then brief description of what the job offer would initial. A tour of the store and my department I would be working In. Backround check paperwork with a drug test. Wait about 3 weeks call a couple times and then bam!!! You got the job start computer training for 16 hours the. Hit the floor and stock and repeat for minutes, hours , days , months, years later. And maybe you'll get promoted to full time after working full time hours sincee you started but partime w/o Benefits while people who are full time work parttime hours with Benefits and getting paid more for doing less

Interview Questions

• How could you help kroger by being a employee?   1 Answer