L'Oréal USA Interview Questions

Updated 12 Oct 2014
Updated 12 Oct 2014

3.1

R&I Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at L'Oréal USA.

Was interviewed on campus, 45 minutes of a purely behavioral interview. Fairly straightforward interview about behavioral things, it was mostly a gauge to see if you would be a good fit for L'Oreal or not. Company culture is probably the biggest thing they look for when they're hiring at a university. Recieved the offer about 3 months later, after a very brief over-the-phone second round interview.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a way in which you differ from the stereotypical engineer.   View Answer
    No negotiation for intern.

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florence, KY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florence, KY (US)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at L'Oréal USA in September 2014.

I was called by a temporary service about this position which was not advertized. The representative found my resume on monster.com and decided that I would be a good fit for this position and sent the resume over to Loreal. Loreal called the temp service and requested that I come in for an interview the following day which I agreed to. There were two interviewers present, the head of the HR department and the assistant QC Lab Manager.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were very difficult. It's just that there weren't very many of them and the responses that I got from the interviewers towards my answers were somewhat apathetic. The entire interview took less than 10 minutes. Also I noticed that both interviewers were looking at their cell phones (probably checking the time) when I was answering their questions. It's almost as if they had already selected a candidate but I was being interviewed as a curteousy to someone, of course that is purely speculation. It could be that they had someone with a completely different profile in mind altoghether at some point early in the interview process. I didn't get any other feedback about the interview other than that I was not being considered.   Answer Question

Director, Customer Care Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at L'Oréal USA in September 2014.

Couple of phone interviews, two in person interviews and one in New York. Did not make it past the first in person interview. You,will be asked to prepare a power point presentation over a personal or,professional accomplishment.

Interview Questions
    • Standard usual questions, I did have to prepare a power point over a personal or professional accomplishment.   View Answer

Associate Digital Marketing Director Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at L'Oréal USA.

Went through 2 interviews. First interview over the phone with HR. Talked about resume and background. No crazy or unexpected questions. A week later was called in for in-office interview with department's director. Interview went very well. She described the role and talked about what she's been working and what she would need help with.
    She then said she would have her HR call me to start the hiring process so I can start working asap.
    HR never called and never returned my calls or answered my emails!

Senior Developer Interview

One phone interview, then presentation on choice of interviewer. Very simple, standard.

No negotiation on my part, offer came in slighly below expectations, but they added signing bonus.

Marketing Intern Interview

Ask you why you want to work for L'Oreal and to explain how you would market two products. They are watching you the whole weekend even during meals and group work. Make sure to not stick with people just from your school and branch out and meet as many people as possible.

Processor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Piscataway, NJ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Piscataway, NJ (US)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at L'Oréal USA.

Pre interview with staff agency, You come at arranged date and time to fill out application, then sit 1:1 with hiring manager. they pick and choose from several candidates and then they send you out for drug and pre-employment physical testing. this is only done if they make an offer which you don't know until you hear from the staffing agency.

Interview Questions
    no negotiating. union environment flat pay rate for all.

Packaging Intern Interview

All behavior questions, typical give me an example when.

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Talent acquisition manager called me with news of the position and we had a brief phone conversation about the position, my background, and my interest in Loreal. She asked me questions about my resume/experience and situation-based questions.
    Got an email a week later for an on site interview with the hiring manager and scheduled to go in and interview. I was interviewed by a panel of three people and they asked me questions about my resume, experience, why I was interested in the position, etc.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were all fairly simple as they were mostly about my resume and past experiences   View Answer

Summer Intern Interview

Attended the Taste of L'oreal program during Jan, which lasted a few days. Assigned to a group to compete in final project. Interview on the last day.