LA Quinta Interview Questions

Updated 10 Apr 2015

2.0

Front Desk Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at LA Quinta in March 2015.

Interview

Answered a Craigslist ad, but didn't know who it was. They called about a week and half later for a short phone screening. Asked to come in the next day for a face to face interview, which was also short. Wanted to know about computer skills, availability, being able to address small issues with guests, and questions about your background.

Assistant General Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at LA Quinta.

Interview

Interview process was very professional and organized. HR recruiter called me and did a standard screening reviewing my qualifications. After that I was told to complete an online assessment through the LQ website .
    I then met with two GM's at different properties where my qualifications and future ambitions were further reviewed.
    The last phase was a brief meeting with the SVP.

Interview Questions

• Company is focused on promoting AGM to GM, is that an ideal career move for you?   Answer Question

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at LA Quinta.

Interview

Quick and easy. I had previous experience and the GM liked me right away. I was simply asked how I had handled certain complaints. I was well spoken and well dressed, so the interview did not take long and I started working the next day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/A

Guest Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at LA Quinta.

Interview

A mutual acquaintance gave the GM my resume and I was asked to come in for an interview. The interview itself was about 5-10 minutes. Very straight to the point. I was asked about hypothetical situations such as calming an angry customer or rectifying a mistake that I'd made. Your run of the mill interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you made a mistake at work and the steps you took to fix it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I tried to negotiate higher pay, but instead was promised 40 hours a week. I accepted.

Front Desk Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at LA Quinta.

Interview

Applied online. Had interview with General manager and then assistant general manager

Negotiation

There was no negotiation

FDSR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at LA Quinta (Tampa, FL (US)) in November 2013.

Interview

They pulled my resume off of Monster.com and called me in for an Interview the following day. I interviewed with the GM.

Interview Questions

• We basically discussed my availability. Why La Quinta? Tell me about yourself? What did you like about your old job? What is one thing your former employer would say you had to work on?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The GM was not trying to negotiate at all.

Housekeeping Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pinellas Park, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at LA Quinta (Pinellas Park, FL (US)) in July 2013.

Interview

I arrived early, the general manager interviewing me arrived late. He started by asking about my college education, which I thought was a little strange and irrelevant for a simple housekeeping position. Asked general questions that I'm pretty sure he was just reading off a page in front of him. Why do I want to work there? Who was my favorite past boss and why? What would I do if I saw someone clocking in for someone else? What would I do if asked to stay and work off the clock? Did I have any questions? Pretty basic stuff, easy enough interview process. I asked about the business culture and what a typical day would be like. He spoke about what I would be doing and told me about benefits I'd receive. This was a Wednesday and he said he'd make a decision by Friday and call, but also gave me his card and told me to call him on Friday. I sent him a thank you note and called on Friday as I was instructed after I didn't hear anything. He didn't answer so I left a message. I never heard anything back which honestly surprised me because I thought it went very well and I thought I did everything right. The manager interviewing me seemed like he'd be a decent boss and the few other employees I interacted with were nice and seemed content with working there.

Interview Questions

• What would I do if asked to stay and work off the clock?   1 Answer

Interview

I applied on line, the next day I received a call to set up the interview, I was so excited.
    I scheduled the interview by phone, I thought interview went very well. I took the on line screening. Two weeks went by, no phone calls or emails. I then called HR, they said everyone was at the Convention. For me to wait. so I waited another 10 days. So after a total of 4 weeks, I got a voice mail, if I was interested in a personal interview, to call and the local GM would interview me. Sadly I had an ER situation for my family. I was not able to interview.I think I was labeled for life. I kept calling, emailing, I applied four more times, I was told someone else was hired.
    I am so dissapointed, that I thought this was a wonderful national chain, I am well trained as a GM and would have been grateful to be an ASST MGR. with this Company, however, I will never ever be given the chance, because I was at the ER. than one day.
    sad, the position is now open again, and several more. they could have had a great Asst Mgr. who would have helped them rank high, and been loyal to them for years to come.
    But Darn the emergency we had, will haunt me:(.
    Wait, not anymore, I just got the job of my dreams, yesterday :)))
    and it's not La Quinta .

Interview Questions

• if you are interested in the interview call us back, but if you dont the second we ask you to.
      we will write your name in the book of NO HIRE EVER AGAIN>

Answer Question

Maintenance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pompano Beach, FL (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at LA Quinta (Pompano Beach, FL (US)) in March 2013.

Interview

I was hired on the spot after 5 minutes conversation because it looked like nobody wanted that position at the place. My suspect was real.
    It seemed they were panicked because they were unable to find anybody to do the job.

Interview Questions

• Are you available to empty the trash cans while doing your job as Engineer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No room for negotiation. Take it or leave it was the response of the General Manager. Usually they hire people with a very low salary even if you have very good skills. They try to milk you by paying a very low wage and they don't care about your experience and skills at all.

Night Auditor Interview

Interview

Very fast and simple questions. Applied in the morning got called that afternoon and was hired the next day.