Liberty Mutual Insurance

Very Easy Interview

BI Analyst Interview

BI Analyst
London, England

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in October 2012.

Interview Details Already upon entering the positive atmosphere between employees was noticeable, while I was waiting in the lounge area, as this division (internal services) had no reception. I was working at a miserable insurance company at that moment, and seeing people joke around almost made me cry :) The interview itself was with IT and Finance PMs, both lovely people. One of them used to be a contractor turned permanent employee, always a good sign. The interview was very fun, both professional question and a fairly deep conversation; we got into topics like unhappiness rates of patent lawyers and some other things that naturally followed my comments about how content people are in that office :)
I didn't get an offer, as I lacked some of the skills required, but it was one of the most enjoyable interviews. If a role of my caliber would come up again, I would not hesitate to apply. Interestingly, smart senior-level employees at my then-employer were leaving it for Liberty.

Interview Question – How do you deal with a difficult stakeholder?   Answer Question

IT Interview

IT
Indianapolis, IN (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview Details Process went quickly: 3 weeks from the time I applied throught the interviews (3 total = 1 HR Screen, 1 phone and 1 in person with mgr). I had an offer 4 hours after my final interview. Onboarding process was handled online since HR is in Boston, very efficient. Orientation was odd because it was only a 30-minute pre-recorded conference call that re-read everything in the employee handbook I'd already recieved. There was no official 'welcome to Liberty' training or specific department/job related training - just jump in & go.

Interview Question – No technical questions were asked: in retrospect I wish they would have been because it would have given me better insight into what I was getting into. Published job description doesn't match the expectations they have of you once you are on the job. Questions were more about my personal work style, the types of teams/environments I've worked with, what my long-range career plans are, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Their offer knocked my socks off so there was no negotiation necessary.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Senior Financial Analyst

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview Details Initial phone interview by HR assessed skills & experience. 5 in person interviews over next 4 months was grueling. Not much communication between interviews had me thinking I didn't advance after all but HR interview. There were lots of redundancies in interview process but each interviewer added value to the process. In person interviews included (1) hiring manager & (3) next level managers in one on one interviews as well as (1) panel interview with potential colleagues who work as part of a team with the position.

Interview Question – Pretty standard analytical and behavioral questions. More conversational than q & a after initial question or two.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Receive relatively low offer letter. Had a couple of phone calls with HR and received acceptable offer. Advice, don't be afraid to ask if the offer is negotiable. Higher salary, signing bonus or both possible.

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Phoenix, AZ (US)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in March 2014.

Interview Details Excellent, very comfortable enviornment that allows you to be yourself during the interview and not a robot. It is a behavior based interview with a lot of situation questions. It was challenging, but again their pleasant professional made it easy to relax and come through it positively.

Interview Question – I do not remember the most difficult question. It was all situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation I was satisfied with the original offer.

Customer Claims Representative Interview

Customer Claims Representative
Mishawaka, IN (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in June 2014.

Interview Details They have an online skills test. This basically mimics a computer screen with billing codes as well as a certain set up process. There was one or two I really think their answers did not work properly for. It's a timed test so I might say if it seems impossible, guess and go.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Liberty Mutual?   Answer Question

Continuous Improvement Manager Interview

Continuous Improvement Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in May 2014.

Interview Details I was fairly impressed at the interview process. The recruiters (I dealt with 2) and the hiring manager were all on the same page and there was no mis-communication. I was a little disappointed that they made no attempt at follow up, but they answered all of my questions very quickly.

Interview Question – How would people describe you ....
Always a difficult question to answer and I wasn't expecting that one, so I was caught off guard.
  Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Interview

Claims Adjuster

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in November 2011.

Interview Details Applied online and rec'd call back a day or two later to schedule a phone interview. After the phone interview, I went into the actual office for an interview with two managers. The interview was pretty standard. They spent a lot of time explaining the role of the position. Afterward, the Q&A session was really about past experience.

Interview Question – Can you be the hub of a wheel? I had no idea what this meant at the time...   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No, it was already set.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Senior Project Manager

Interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance

Interview Details Phone interview, in person interview, prepared and delivered a presentation. Went to multiple locations for in person interviews and met with a panel. This included Boston and Portsmouth, NH. Ended up being too much of a straight PM job and not a good fit culturally for me.

Interview Question – DOing the presentation   Answer Question

Customer Claims Representative Interview

Customer Claims Representative
Irving, TX (US)

Interview Details I applied online and received a call back a week later from a recruiter saying she needed a few minutes of my time. The recruiter starts to tell me about the job than proceeds to tell me she had 3 questions to ask me. At the end of the interview she stated she would give my information to the hiring managers and I would hear something in a couple days. Two days later on a Friday I received a rejection email. The whole interview process took 30 minutes.

Interview Question – When was a time you dealt with a difficult customer and how did you solve the issue?
Tell me why you're leaving your current job?
Why do you want to work for liberty mutual?
  Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

Interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance

Interview Details The whole process was what is expected. HR screen then more interview. A majority of the interviews were conducted via telephone and then there was an in person.

Interview Question – Why Liberty?   Answer Question

Worked for Liberty Mutual Insurance? Contribute to the Community!