Liberty Mutual Insurance

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

BI Analyst Interview

London, England

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in October 2012.

Interview Details Already upon entering the positive atmosphere between employees was noticeable, while I was waiting in the lounge area, as this division (internal services) had no reception. I was working at a miserable insurance company at that moment, and seeing people joke around almost made me cry :) The interview itself was with IT and Finance PMs, both lovely people. One of them used to be a contractor turned permanent employee, always a good sign. The interview was very fun, both professional question and a fairly deep conversation; we got into topics like unhappiness rates of patent lawyers and some other things that naturally followed my comments about how content people are in that office :)
I didn't get an offer, as I lacked some of the skills required, but it was one of the most enjoyable interviews. If a role of my caliber would come up again, I would not hesitate to apply. Interestingly, smart senior-level employees at my then-employer were leaving it for Liberty.

Interview Question – How do you deal with a difficult stakeholder?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview Details There was a phone interview with someone in NC or GA. Then there was a face to face and then there was another interview beyond that.

Interview Question – There wasn't one really pretty seamless interview process.   Answer Question

Senior Claim Specialist Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview Details It was one interview with 2 managers. It was a series of situation questions. After the question, I had to complete an essay based on a claim scenario. After completing the scenario, there was a brief meeting with the Sr. Claims Manager. The meeting with him was informal. There was no drug test but there was a background search. I was not offered the job until 2 months after interviewing for the position.

Interview Question – The essay based on the claims case was difficult because it was unexpected and the fear that your way of resolving the problem was not what they were looking for   Answer Question

Princiapl Human Resources GEneralist Interview

Interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance

Interview Details Expect mutlitple interviews and a detailed questionaire. Depending on department, you could hear a response relatively quick, or not.

Interview Question – What do you know of this position?   Answer Question

Agent Customer Service Representative Interview

Golden, CO (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview Details I applied online and received an email to set up a phone interview within a couple of weeks. The phone interview was easy and structured. It consisted of six or so typical behavioral questions. After the phone interview was completed, the interviewee told me she wanted to move me on to their face-to-face process. The incredibly tedious process was a four-hour experience. It began with a computer test that tested my skills at processing processing phone calls (it was very easy if you have common sense). The next test was a behavior/skills test (that I had already taken online...), which was also simple. I then had two back-to-back interviews that consisted of a ridiculous amount of behavioral questions (at least 15-20 in total). The questions weren't exceedingly difficult...pretty typical behavioral questions. Finally, I spent about 30 minutes watching an employee process incoming calls in her cubical. I tried to ask some questions about the job and the day-to-day experience, but she was on the phone for all of 3 minutes that I was there. I was told I would be contacted within the next few days. Two weeks later, I received an email rejection letter. I believe I seemed too ambitious to move up within the company and the call center manager didn't want to deal with hiring me and then having to replace me 6 months to a year down the road. They were looking for call center enthusiasts.

Interview Question – Typical behavioral questions. There were no trick questions.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Field Counsel Interview

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview Details Applied online and was called back in a few weeks. Asked to come in and essentially offered the job after 30 minutes of explaining what they do and how the system was supposed to work in order to handle the high volume of cases I would be assigned to handle. Asked for more time to think about it, especially the low pay. Was contacted in a week or so and agreed to come back to meet some of the other attorneys to get a feel for the office, but only for a brief time- not over lunch or outside of the office.

Interview Question – Most difficult question was if I would accept such a low salary- was told that numerous other candidates simply stopped interviewing once they heard the number. No real ability to negotiate- apologized that this was all they could offer.   View Answer

Safeco Leadership Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview Details After applying through my college database, I received a normal phone interview. The interviewer was very friendly, although she was difficult to schedule the actual interview with. She asked me normal behavioral interview questions, with most of them focusing on specific times in my life when I've used a dataset and had to analyze it. She asked me these sort of dataset experience questions several times in different manners, such as discussing a time in which I used dataset information and regressions to persuade someone. Overall, the interview was not difficult, the questions were almost all solely focused on dataset usage and regressional analysis.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to manipulate a dataset to convey something.   Answer Question

Actuarial Intern Interview

Seattle, WA (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in January 2014.

Interview Details The hiring process from beginning to end was about 3 months. 1st round standard phone interview sweeping the resume. They flew me in for an in person second round interview. There were four hours of behavioral questions, and only two technical questions between four different Fellows. It seemed like a good opportunity, but I didn't fit in to the dry culture.

Interview Question – When was a time when you lacked information but were able to carry on with the specific task at hand?   Answer Question

Senior Customer Claims Representative Interview

Warrenville, IL (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in November 2013.

Interview Details The phone interview is done by a recruiter who decides if you move on to the next stage. Next stage is a face to face interview and the entire interview is behavior based questions. If you don't have any customer service background good luck on moving on. I had 5+ years.

Interview Question – They are all behavior based, Explain a time when you this for a customer or explain a time you had to go above beyond to solve a problem.   Answer Question

Field Counsel Interview

Interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance

Interview Details The process was straightforward. First, after I applied online, I was contacted by the office manager to schedule a phone interview with the hiring manager. I had one phone interview with the hiring manager and was invited to do a face-to-face interview at the end of the conversation. I attended two in-person interviews -- one with the hiring manager and a team leader and another one with all 8 of the team leaders.

Interview Question – The questions mainly focused on the depth of my legal experience.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Liberty Mutual Insurance

Worked for Liberty Mutual Insurance? Contribute to the Community!

Liberty Mutual Insurance Videos

Liberty Mutual Insurance – Why Work for Us?

At Liberty Mutual Insurance, doing the right thing is essential to all that we do. Our commitment to building and sustaining a talented and diverse workforce has helped us to become a global leader in property and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Liberty Mutual Insurance interview questions and advice. All 531 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Liberty Mutual Insurance employees and interview candidates.