Liberty Mutual Insurance

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

BI Analyst Interview

London, England

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in October 2012.

Interview Details Already upon entering the positive atmosphere between employees was noticeable, while I was waiting in the lounge area, as this division (internal services) had no reception. I was working at a miserable insurance company at that moment, and seeing people joke around almost made me cry :) The interview itself was with IT and Finance PMs, both lovely people. One of them used to be a contractor turned permanent employee, always a good sign. The interview was very fun, both professional question and a fairly deep conversation; we got into topics like unhappiness rates of patent lawyers and some other things that naturally followed my comments about how content people are in that office :)
I didn't get an offer, as I lacked some of the skills required, but it was one of the most enjoyable interviews. If a role of my caliber would come up again, I would not hesitate to apply. Interestingly, smart senior-level employees at my then-employer were leaving it for Liberty.

Interview Question – How do you deal with a difficult stakeholder?   Answer Question

Claims Specialist Rotation Program Interview

Albany, NY (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview Details On-campus then on site-interview. Had mostly behavioral questions and a written test. Overall, pretty easy. I did not get many offers in 08-09 and I received one from Liberty fairly quickly (which should have sent up red flags)

Interview Question – How to handle a difficult customer/tell someone something they do not want to hear   Answer Question

Product Analyst Interview

Interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance

Interview Details Was called in for two phone interviews: one with an HR associate and the second with a Director of Product Analysis. After I passed the first two phone interviews, I visited the office for in-person interviews. These consisted of a half hour with a Director of State Operations, followed by two hour long interviews (each with 2 DPAs). There was also a half hour job shadow and an hour long written case study.

Interview Question – If your manager is apathetic about giving feedback, what would you do?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Sales Interview

Carmel, IN (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in March 2014.

Interview Details Received a phone call from the office saying that her manager say my resume and wanted to bring me in to talk about career opportunities. I asked what the position was, and she said that there were a couple different openings. I even told her that sales probably would not be a good fit for me. She scheduled a time for me to come in anyway. At the office, I talked to one manager for about 5 minutes and then was asked if I wanted to stay for the presentation. The presentation was about how great the company is, and he kept saying "you could retire in 10 years." After the hour long presentation, the first manager told me "he supports my candidacy." I did not understand how a manager could almost offer me a job when he talked to me for less than 5 minutes. When I asked if the job was commission, he said no, its performance based. With more research, I did learn that it is solely a commission based position

Interview Question – Barely asked any questions. What makes you different from the other people we are interviewing?   Answer Question

Claims Manager Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview Details Expect three separate interviews. First with the recruiter, then the hiring manager, then the regional vice president. There is also a proctored exam that you will have to take. The interview will feel like common interviews where you'll talk about prior situations. As you move along the process, the questions will definitely get more challenging. It will feel like the managers will be getting a feel for your management style, analytical thinking and capabilities.

Interview Question – There was no real unexpected question. The only thing that was unexpected was the proctored exam that you have to take. It is one of those tests that ask you to choose what you would do in different situations. It was unexpected since this was a manager role.   Answer Question

Commercial Insurance - Claims Intern Interview

Lawrenceville, GA (US)

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in March 2014.

Interview Details I applied to this position through my university career center's online system and the company's external application. The company's external application involved an IQ and behavioral questionnaire which was extremely long. I was contacted via e-mail within 3 weeks with a request for a phone interview. This interview was nothing out of the ordinary and relatively easy. It involved the usual questions (i.e. Why do you want to work for us? Tell me about a time when you had to resolve a disagreement with a coworker.) About 3 weeks later I was contacted by HR to schedule an in-person interview. The in-person interview was with two managers. The initial questions were run-of-the-mill behavioral questions, but as the interview went on, the questions got progressively more specific and difficult. The whole process ended up lasting well over 45 minutes, and would have been longer except for the fact that some of the questions on their list were answered by some of the answers I gave for other questions. I have had a handful of interviews in the past and I can definitively say that this was by far the most difficult interview I have ever had in my life; no other interview even came close. Toward the end of the interview I was asked very light-hearted and fun questions and given a long time to ask my own questions.

Interview Question – Tell us about a time when you had to change your tone and attitude in dealing with multiple people from different backgrounds.   Answer Question

Retail Leadership Development Program Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in April 2014.

Interview Details I applied online and the process took 3 months. I had a virtual interview and then I had a webcam interview.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time that you made a mistake that you regret and what would you do different?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Intern Interview

Dover, NH (US)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in March 2014.

Interview Details I had a video interview with one of the recruiters. Very easy going and was easy to talk to. Asked a lot of behavioral questions. Also asked a lot about school and different classes that I have taken within my major. Asked why I chose my major and to describe a situation in which I was able to use persuasion to influence someone to see things my way.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to sell an idea to your coworkers? How did you do it? Did they buy it?   View Answer

Senior Claim Specialist Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview Details It was one interview with 2 managers. It was a series of situation questions. After the question, I had to complete an essay based on a claim scenario. After completing the scenario, there was a brief meeting with the Sr. Claims Manager. The meeting with him was informal. There was no drug test but there was a background search. I was not offered the job until 2 months after interviewing for the position.

Interview Question – The essay based on the claims case was difficult because it was unexpected and the fear that your way of resolving the problem was not what they were looking for   Answer Question

Princiapl Human Resources GEneralist Interview

Interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance

Interview Details Expect mutlitple interviews and a detailed questionaire. Depending on department, you could hear a response relatively quick, or not.

Interview Question – What do you know of this position?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Liberty Mutual Insurance

Worked for Liberty Mutual Insurance? Contribute to the Community!

Liberty Mutual Insurance Videos

Liberty Mutual Insurance – Why Work for Us?

At Liberty Mutual Insurance, doing the right thing is essential to all that we do. Our commitment to building and sustaining a talented and diverse workforce has helped us to become a global leader in property and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Liberty Mutual Insurance interview questions and advice. All 538 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Liberty Mutual Insurance employees and interview candidates.