Liberty Mutual Insurance

Liberty Mutual Insurance Interview Questions

Updated 1 Mar 2015
Updated 1 Mar 2015

Product Management Interview

Had a phone interview and was followed up with a final round in office on Valentine's Day. Had 2 one-on-one behavioral interviews and a 45-minute job shadow. The day ended with a business case, which was pretty difficult. It is a fairly high pressure environment with the case.

BI Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England
    Anonymous Employee in London, England

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in October 2012.

Already upon entering the positive atmosphere between employees was noticeable, while I was waiting in the lounge area, as this division (internal services) had no reception. I was working at a miserable insurance company at that moment, and seeing people joke around almost made me cry :) The interview itself was with IT and Finance PMs, both lovely people. One of them used to be a contractor turned permanent employee, always a good sign. The interview was very fun, both professional question and a fairly deep conversation; we got into topics like unhappiness rates of patent lawyers and some other things that naturally followed my comments about how content people are in that office :)
    I didn't get an offer, as I lacked some of the skills required, but it was one of the most enjoyable interviews. If a role of my caliber would come up again, I would not hesitate to apply. Interestingly, smart senior-level employees at my then-employer were leaving it for Liberty.

Graduate-level Statistician Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Firstly it's only a phone interview. I received an email to choose my interview time from several timeslot. Ask a lot of behavior questions. Seems very interested in your presentation skills. Asked something about your resume also and care about your graduation date. Told me I would get some result within 2 weeks but did not get the result until 3 weeks later.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

The first step is to fill out an application. The next step (if invited), is to complete an online test and questionnaire. The online test is timely. After completing that portion of the interview (if invited), a phone interview is held. I was looking to change careers and was hoping to find a position with a reputable company that respects knowledge, experience, and their employees. The phone interviewer was lacking in professionalism and experience. The interviewer had inadequate listening skills and limited personality. She was stiff, unprofessional, and denoted an inexperienced-young vibe. It felt like I was talking to a 16 year old.

Liability Claims Adjuster Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Applied online, and was given a phone interview. I was then emailed by an HR rep, and found a time to schedule a phone interview. The interview lasted about 35 minutes, and was pleasant. The overall experience was positive.

Interview Questions
    • Typical questions about previous experience, and what-if scenarios.   Answer Question

Product Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in February 2015.

Applied online. Received an email to have a phone interview. A couple of days later received an email inviting me to final round interviews at headquarters in Boston. Interview day was from 8am til 3pm. Two 45 minute one on one behavioral interviews, one 45 minute case interview, and one 45 minute job shadow. The whole process was good, organized and NOT stressful! Behavioral questions were standard about teamwork, problem solving/decision making, and presentation experience. Case was not that bad--you get time to prep your response. Everyone was really nice, was a small group of candidates interviewing that day.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to explain complex concepts to a group of people.
      A time when you worked with someone and had differing views of opinion.
      A time when you had a difficult relationship with someone and how you worked to mend it?
      How do you prioritize your time?
      Tell me about a time when you had to make a quick decision in a short amount of time.
      Time you had a difficult/complex problem to solve, how did you go about it?

Answer Question

Inside Sales Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Applied online, Took Pre-Screen aptitude test, phone interview with a recruiter followed by an on site initial interview with a manager, followed immediately by a second interview with a sr manager

FInance Rotation Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

It was long and impersonal with a crowd. Everyone split up with different managers with different preferences, which seemed very ineffective. After the hour long pitch of how great the company was, I had decided it wasn't for me, but felt obligated to stay the day.

Field Management Development Program - Summer Associate Interview

Apply online, which requires you to also take a timed quantitative test. The quant test has 3 topics with a total of 9 questions. They require you to look at a chart of data and answer questions about the data within a certain time period.
    If they're interested, they'll email you with an invitation to conduct a video screening interview over Microsoft Lync.
    The interview takes approximately one hour, mostly asking behavior questions (tell me about a time you...). Some example questions:
    -What made you want to apply for a position at Liberty Mutual?
    -Tell me about a time you had to overcome a disagreement within your team?
    -Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer?
    After the video screening interview, you should here back within 1-2 weeks about a follow-up interview to be conducted in person at their Boston office.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you gave a peer some bad information and how you resolved the situation.   Answer Question

Claims Team Manager Interview

Watch out, once they get your number they wont stop calling! Seems like an ok company and the people were really nice. I was misled about the interview process. Seems you go to class about the company and then get called back for an interview.

Interview Questions

No manager positions and it is commission based