Liberty Mutual Insurance

Updated 17 Nov 2014

BI Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in October 2012.

Already upon entering the positive atmosphere between employees was noticeable, while I was waiting in the lounge area, as this division (internal services) had no reception. I was working at a miserable insurance company at that moment, and seeing people joke around almost made me cry :) The interview itself was with IT and Finance PMs, both lovely people. One of them used to be a contractor turned permanent employee, always a good sign. The interview was very fun, both professional question and a fairly deep conversation; we got into topics like unhappiness rates of patent lawyers and some other things that naturally followed my comments about how content people are in that office :)
    I didn't get an offer, as I lacked some of the skills required, but it was one of the most enjoyable interviews. If a role of my caliber would come up again, I would not hesitate to apply. Interestingly, smart senior-level employees at my then-employer were leaving it for Liberty.

IT Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

I applied through my college.

1st round interview: Behavioral
    Interviewer went through my resume and then talked about himself and asked questions about me.

2nd round interview: Behavioral
    I talked with the project manager for the IT division and was asked about stuff on my resume once again.

Interview process was easy and they were very friendly.

Interview Questions

It was an IT position not software development.

Commercial Insurance Interview

Contacted for phone screening, went really well. No interview yet. Been 3 weeks. Not holding my breath for a call. Recruiter estimated the whole process can take as little as one week.

Actuarial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Relatively straightforward process, went through my school, sat down with recruiter on campus to talk about the position. Asked about my classes related to the job, any previous experiences I'd had, interested in the analytical work i did the summer before with Excel.

Interview Questions
    • They were very interested in analytical software and previous experience with that.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Applied online with a referral. Got an email to schedule a phone interview. Was told it would be 45-mins to and hour but only lasted about 15 minutes. It felt the recruiter was trying to sell me on the job more than I was trying to sell her on me. Very basic questions about my background, no curve balls. She said she'll set up me with an area manager for an in person interview.

In person interview was supposed to be long but only lasted 20 minutes (I may have bombed it) the manager was reading generic questions from a form and writing down my answers as I spoke. An example of the a questions was "What was a time you had to resolve a problem with a customer?, What were the action steps you took to overcome this problem? What was the outcome?" It was a very "worksheet format"'interview

Interview Questions
    • She asked if I had any questions for her and seemed disappointed I didn't.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Had about a 30 min interview asking basic interview questions. After the interview a personality test was given, sat down to shadow a representative and interviewed with the district manager before being offered a position.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you helped another employ and why did you do it?   Answer Question

IT Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in November 2014.

Originally I applied through college. They scheduled an on campus interview with hr for 45 min about 1-2 weeks later. They asked behavioral questions and about my resume. I then received a reply for a second interview about 1.5 weeks later saying that they wanted a hiring manager to talk to me. This interview was also very behavioral in nature and there were no technical questions, but lets be real, those are the best interviews. This interview was intended to be 1 hour, but to my surprised was very quick and we finished around 35 minutes. I originally thought I did something wrong and it was cut short, but I got an offer 1 week later.

Interview Questions
    • Describe for me how you conducted tests for your previous project.   Answer Question

Actuarial Assistant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Apply online, received an email requesting a phone interview for an HR screening. Two weeks later, received another email to reschedule a phone interview with the hiring manager. Questions were straight forward. The interview lasted for about one hour. You should expect a lot of behavior question, technical questions. Having past at least 3 exams is a plus

Underwriting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Centennial, CO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Centennial, CO (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

I completed a phone interview for the first round of the interview and then was asked into the office for a second interview. The interview lasted about an hour and a half and I was interviewed by the person who would be my manager and also the person who would be my mentor. I felt pretty comfortable throughout the entire interview process.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were behavioral or about my working style. They did ask about my weaknesses and some basic questions about insurance to see if I knew what underwriting was.   Answer Question
    I was able to talk to my recruiter and planned that I was going to take a one week vacation during the summer before accepting the position.

Claims Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hingham, MA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hingham, MA (US)

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Phone screen with rep from Florida hiring for a position in Ma. Behavioral a questions and review of work history and experience. Recvd a call for interview a week later. Keep in mind I was a previous employee. I had a 2 -hr interview with 4 managers . all behavioral questions. A week later I saw on liberty mutuals hr profile my app was withdrawn. I called the recruiter to ask why would that status change with out my actual knowledge ... Instead of a call back ...they responded with am email they are not considering me for the position which was strange in the way the series of events played out.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you had to make a decision with limited information?   Answer Question