Liberty Mutual Insurance

Liberty Mutual Insurance Interview Questions

Updated 14 Dec 2014
Updated 14 Dec 2014

Product Management Interview

Had a phone interview and was followed up with a final round in office on Valentine's Day. Had 2 one-on-one behavioral interviews and a 45-minute job shadow. The day ended with a business case, which was pretty difficult. It is a fairly high pressure environment with the case.

BI Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in October 2012.

Already upon entering the positive atmosphere between employees was noticeable, while I was waiting in the lounge area, as this division (internal services) had no reception. I was working at a miserable insurance company at that moment, and seeing people joke around almost made me cry :) The interview itself was with IT and Finance PMs, both lovely people. One of them used to be a contractor turned permanent employee, always a good sign. The interview was very fun, both professional question and a fairly deep conversation; we got into topics like unhappiness rates of patent lawyers and some other things that naturally followed my comments about how content people are in that office :)
    I didn't get an offer, as I lacked some of the skills required, but it was one of the most enjoyable interviews. If a role of my caliber would come up again, I would not hesitate to apply. Interestingly, smart senior-level employees at my then-employer were leaving it for Liberty.

Information Technology Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

The process started off when an on campus interview with a HR representative. After the first round, it took maybe two weeks and was followed by an interview with a manager in the department that I wanted to work in. Overall, everyone was very down to earth and asked three behavioral, went over the resume, and tried to figure out what I wanted to do.

Interview Questions
    • The behavioral based questions were not too difficult but I got caught up on one. What is your most innovative idea?   Answer Question

Insurance Sales Representative Interview

There was an online assessment and phone screen. The online assessment took about forty-five minutes to complete. After the assessment and application was completed, I received a phone call from the talent acquisition manager. The phone interview was unprofessional and unclear. She asked a few questions and did not indicate this was the formal interview. I was unimpressed after the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you interested in another opening we have?   View Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

The hiring process can be difficult. There are typically two or three supervisors who each take turns asking you a series of separate questions. Each question is asked in order to receive a very specific and direct answer relating to your actual experience.

Interview Questions
    • None of them are "hard necessarily". You just have to have a good understanding of who you are and where you come from in terms of past employment or career aspirations.   Answer Question

Commercial Insurance Interview

Contacted for phone screening, went really well. No interview yet. Been 3 weeks. Not holding my breath for a call. Recruiter estimated the whole process can take as little as one week.

IT Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

I applied through my college.

1st round interview: Behavioral
    Interviewer went through my resume and then talked about himself and asked questions about me.

2nd round interview: Behavioral
    I talked with the project manager for the IT division and was asked about stuff on my resume once again.

Interview process was easy and they were very friendly.

Interview Questions

It was an IT position not software development.

Bodily Injury Claim Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

I actually went to the open house for claim positions where they actually did on the spot meet & greets with team managers. A few days after applying I received an email grom the recruiter for a face to face interview that following week. Most people get phone interviews but having been to the open house was a substitute for the phone interview. The 1st interview was about 45 mins and was a series of scenario questions. They are looking for a specific instance for each scenario and expect pretty in depth answers.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to deliver bad news. How did you handle it and what was the result?   Answer Question
    • How would you handle conflict with a peer in the workplace?   Answer Question
    • Why are you leaving your current employer? How long would it take for you to make a contribution to Liberty Mutual?   Answer Question
    No negotiation. They asked what salary I was comfortable with and gave me just that. The salary is extremely fair with benefits, bonuses, and advancement opportunities.

Actuarial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Relatively straightforward process, went through my school, sat down with recruiter on campus to talk about the position. Asked about my classes related to the job, any previous experiences I'd had, interested in the analytical work i did the summer before with Excel.

Interview Questions
    • They were very interested in analytical software and previous experience with that.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Applied online with a referral. Got an email to schedule a phone interview. Was told it would be 45-mins to and hour but only lasted about 15 minutes. It felt the recruiter was trying to sell me on the job more than I was trying to sell her on me. Very basic questions about my background, no curve balls. She said she'll set up me with an area manager for an in person interview.

In person interview was supposed to be long but only lasted 20 minutes (I may have bombed it) the manager was reading generic questions from a form and writing down my answers as I spoke. An example of the a questions was "What was a time you had to resolve a problem with a customer?, What were the action steps you took to overcome this problem? What was the outcome?" It was a very "worksheet format"'interview

Interview Questions
    • She asked if I had any questions for her and seemed disappointed I didn't.   Answer Question