Liberty Mutual Insurance

Liberty Mutual Insurance Interview Questions

Updated 30 Jan 2015
Updated 30 Jan 2015

Product Management Interview

Had a phone interview and was followed up with a final round in office on Valentine's Day. Had 2 one-on-one behavioral interviews and a 45-minute job shadow. The day ended with a business case, which was pretty difficult. It is a fairly high pressure environment with the case.

BI Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in October 2012.

Already upon entering the positive atmosphere between employees was noticeable, while I was waiting in the lounge area, as this division (internal services) had no reception. I was working at a miserable insurance company at that moment, and seeing people joke around almost made me cry :) The interview itself was with IT and Finance PMs, both lovely people. One of them used to be a contractor turned permanent employee, always a good sign. The interview was very fun, both professional question and a fairly deep conversation; we got into topics like unhappiness rates of patent lawyers and some other things that naturally followed my comments about how content people are in that office :)
    I didn't get an offer, as I lacked some of the skills required, but it was one of the most enjoyable interviews. If a role of my caliber would come up again, I would not hesitate to apply. Interestingly, smart senior-level employees at my then-employer were leaving it for Liberty.

Analyst Development Program Interview

Recruited through college. Had first round phone interview before flying out to Seattle for final round. Final round consisted of 4 interviews, 2 behavioral, 1 case question, and 1 job shadow.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you could have done better if you had done more analysis.   Answer Question

Analyst Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

I applied through on-campus recruiting and so had my first rounds on my school campus. This interview was relatively laid back, focused on previous work with analytics.
    Second round interview was in their offices in Seattle. A large group of candidates were present on the day i interviewed. Consists of three one on one interview with managers of the department along with a job shadow with a current analyst.
    The analysts as a group were young and seemed genuinely excited by the work they do and the company culture, especially within their department.
    The case study wasn't too hard but you are required to do basic math while someone watches you.

They did well to make everyone feel welcome and at ease.

Free lunch!

Interview Questions
    • Case Study in front of a team member was not particularly difficult but feels pressured. Be sure to do a review of basic math skills before your interview so that you do not get frazzled.

Tell me about a time when you have used data analytics in a professional business setting to achieve a certain result.

Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

it was easy you go online filled out the app took an assessment, a week later I got a phone interview, then moved on to face to face , interviewed with 3 managers, got hired, went through the background checks and got hired process took a month

Analyst Interview

Met at recruiting fair to fill one position. Once that was filled, I was connected to another practice area for an interview. Standard phone interview for the first round about experiences with data, problem solving, teamwork, etc.

Interview Questions
    • What did you do to solve a problem when you felt like there was a gap in available information?   Answer Question

Claim Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interviewed over the phone. The nice thing about this is you are judged by your words and work history and not appearances. They were run of the mill questions; the canned one's most employers are getting out of their HR handbooks and asking everyone. There was no negotiating. They go through different agencies and I found male co-workers who were unlicensed, with no degree or experience were being paid over two times the amount that I was getting. I am licensed with a degree and experience.

Interview Questions
    • They were run of the mill questions; the canned one's most employers are getting out of their HR handbooks and asking everyone.   Answer Question

Financial Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Submitted resume online through their website. A few days later a got a call to set up a phone interview about a week later. The phone interview was easy. Basic questions such as why did you choose your major, a time you worked on a group project. Mostly the phone interview was to inform me about the internship. About a week later I received an email from HR and was asked to travel to Boston (set me up w/ flight and hotel) for an in person interview. I had 2 interviews, both 45 minutes. Less than a week later I got an offer.

Interview Questions
    • If you were CFO tomorrow what would you do?
      A time you formed a relationship outside your usual work group
      A time you had to communicate effectively

Answer Question
    No negotiation

Underwriting Interview

Applied online through Liberty Mutual website. Received a call about two weeks later to tell me a little bit about the internship, what it entailed, and to answer any basic questions I had. Set up a date and time for a phone interview/screen. Phone interview lasted about 45 minutes. Rapid fire with mostly all behavioral questions. Started off with asking where and whom I learned about the internship from and why exactly I was interested in interning with Liberty Mutual and why as an Underwriting Intern. Heard back from them less than 2 weeks later to set up an on-site interview. Stay tuned...

Interview Questions
    • Why specifically do you want to work for Liberty Mutual?   Answer Question

Had better offer.

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Pretty lengthy and involved hiring process. Upon application, you will have to do an online personality test and skills test. If you pass those, a recruiter will call and speak with you about the available positions and give you their view of what the job duties are. You will then be set up with an interview with the branch manager. Depending on your background, you may be required to do a marketing plan and present it at the second interview. He will determine if you move on to the final interview with the area manager. If the area manager gives the okay, you will most likely get a job offer call from the branch manager.

Interview Questions
    • Fairly predictable questions, nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question
    No real negotiation, salaries are set per state guidelines.